Massillon 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
AvonAthlete can give a better recap, as his post-game recap to me was sobering (I had to work), but Avon and Massillon come into the season differently. Avon has to plug several key holes, while the Tigers are much closer to the team they will be in the playoffs. Still, as Coach Elder said, it was a good experience for the Avon kids...especially the newer kids...of what they need to do before the playoffs when they will meet teams like the Tigers. The roles have been reversed in this scrimmage several times before, where one or the other was far more experienced coming in and the losing team's fans overreacted to a loss...and both Avon and Massillon went on to playoff seasons every time. So come Week 11, I'm confident Coach Elder will have the Eagles ready for another run. Coach Moore, however, might just have one of those special teams that can go the distance. Good luck to the Tigers and hoping for a re-try in Week 14 or 15.

With all the negative crap constantly spewed it is always nice to mix in something positive. Who on earth would object to such a post? It is a Massillon thread after all. Well done young man!

Its to try to counter the fact that their all time leading rusher couldn't get into a D1 college due to poor academics. In their mind this somehow wipes out the fact that Jamir was somehow kept eligible for 4 years but then either didn't graduate or graduated without the needed courses. Of course the one has nothing to do with the other. If Moore is responsible for raising a kid's ACT score, then he is responsible for the miserable outcome of a 4 year player.

Sorry but sometimes you just have to adhere to the old adage of "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". I really have no clue about the specifics of this but Geez Louise at some point in time at least SOME of the responsibility has to be put on the student/athlete. Right?

Of course. Just as the many who made honor roll (15 w/ 4.0 gpa last quarter) are most responsible for theirs. All you can do is encourage, help, promote. Not every hit is a homer but I will take Moore's (both) efforts on academics and getting kids to college any day.

Bottom line the program is in better shape on and off the field as any in a long time. Haters gonna hate. :)

Deflection to distract all right. From the fact Massillon has dominated Canton and Jackson has never been confused with good football. Poor us, lol. Hey whatever makes you feel better.

Deflection to distract all right. From the fact Massillon has dominated Canton and Jackson has never been confused with good football. Poor us, lol. Hey whatever makes you feel better.

We dominate you in what matters most- Official OHSAA State Championships:
Canton McKinley ...27
Massillon Wash..........0

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

AvonAthlete can give a better recap...

Back to football... Yes an offense led by a 3 yr returning QB vs. a 1st year in 1st scrimmage is a huge difference. I have no doubt Mike Elder will have Avon contending for the region. One of the best in Ohio imo.

Scrimmages can be fools gold. St. Ed next week will be a good barometer but frankly I hope they let some air out of our helmets. That's what they are for imo.

19 to 32 is quite a jump. Either that young man didnt try too hard on the first attempt or those are some magic zoodles being served at study table

Not on my part. If its worth noting the successes (and it is), it's fair to chronicle the failures. Especially when the subject is your all-time leading rusher, its noteworthy.

A glimpse into the mind of troll, interesting. There you have it mods, thanks for the admission.

Do you have your own team or school to support or does that cramp your style?

Not on my part. If its worth noting the successes (and it is), it's fair to chronicle the failures. Especially when the subject is your all-time leading rusher, its noteworthy.

Chronicling the failures is one thing but to obsess over them in post after post like you do is very different. There have been many more successes of late than there have been any set backs. I hope Nate Moore stays a long time.

Yes, because just to even out the playing field, when you laud one TEENAGER for his excellent work, it's only right and fair to drag another TEENAGER through the mud for his lack of success. In a long long long long long long line of stupid things that you have said on this site, this ranks up near the top. Have you and your brother congratulated Mr. Warfield, coach Moore and or Becca Moore yet?

What would be nice is one Massillon fan caring enough to honestly inquire how this happened. Does your responsibility to the kids end once you cheer them on a Friday night? #blamethekid

My guess didnt study/do homework and as a result did poorly on tests....

Genius...

And to beat you to the next dumb a response...can pass 4th qtr jr year and blow your senior year....

This ofcourse you knew but it doesnt fit the narrative eh m4b?

When FL players don’t qualify is that an indictment on their great coaches and teachers? How did they stay eligible??? Funny when your “all-time leading rushers” (plural) don’t qualify I don’t remember you saying chit. How does that work?
And I’m sure JT appreciates your support. Too bad he can’t thank you coward.

When FL players don’t qualify is that an indictment on their great coaches and teachers? How did they stay eligible??? Funny when your “all-time leading rushers” (plural) don’t qualify I don’t remember you saying chit. How does that work?
And I’m sure JT appreciates your support. Too bad he can’t thank you coward.
Funny he supposedly roots for the school with the worst academic standing in the county by far. I can’t count the number of great athletes that McKinley has had that never even sniffed a university. If he were true to his word they should be screaming to gut McKinley High School of every educator there. But we all know It’s Massillon that he lives for.

Would seem the dozens that received scholarships and play on Saturdays speaks pretty well. Love seeing so many Tigers go on to the next level. Book ain’t written yet on JT either loser, will be pulling for him. Join forces - LOL. You’re pathetic.

Well congratulations. This is now the most ignorant post of the year. You do know the OHSAA sets the academic standards, right? God, what a goof.

Status
Not open for further replies.