Mason Wrestling '09/10

He played at his new position this year (offensive lineman) and is a very good lineman, I might add. Hardly played LB this year. A little biased don't you think?

im sorry but it if meyers is going to play football at the collegiate level he will be playing linebacker. This was his first year ever playing o-line and the only reason he did was because Maosn was very short on o-linemen. He was a good lineman but it wasnt natural to him. He is to good of an athlete to play o-line and will be one ---- of a linebacker next year. He wants to be able to put on some serious muscle this offseason and that is hard to do for anyone while you are in season.

im sorry but it if meyers is going to play football at the collegiate level he will be playing linebacker. This was his first year ever playing o-line and the only reason he did was because Maosn was very short on o-linemen. He was a good lineman but it wasnt natural to him. He is to good of an athlete to play o-line and will be one ---- of a linebacker next year. He wants to be able to put on some serious muscle this offseason and that is hard to do for anyone while you are in season.

I think that will be up to the new coach, where he is needed the most. I bet he'll be on the line again next year. IMO, guess we'll see then.

Unfortunately for Mr. Myers I think he will be back on the O line next year. If he can pull it off, he would have to do double duty on offense and defense as Andy Porter did this year. If you look who Mason has coming up from JV and who they had as back up on Varsity last year, there just isn't enough size or talent to replace 4 offensive lineman (Myers, Porter, Spencer and Egan).

I did not understand why Myers didn't go both ways as Porter did. If you looked at the overall play of Mason's linebackers this year, I don't see how or why you don't have Meyers out there. If he is truly a "stud" and one of the best athletes on the team, I don't understand why the coaches wouldn't want him out there playing both ways. I heard he had some injury problems, maybe that is why.

I agree that if he is going to play at a collegiate level, his position would most likely be at linebacker. Although a big kid, he does not appear (at least at this point) to have the frame to put on the weight required to play line in college.

Everything will work out right in the end, just the the coaching situation!

Guess we'll see 8 is enough? :laugh:

Your are probably right. By the way, all the coaches from ALL the sports, the teachers, the administrators and the custodians took up a collection for 2 one way bus tickets to PHS. Please pick them up soon.

Okay, fellas ... following the lead of our Commander in Chief and in honor of Veterans Day I'm buying beers for HWCUSA, SWMCinci, and all the other veteran combatants of the "Great Mason Comets Yappi War of 2009" (as it came to be known as in later years) tonight at Avenue Cafe.

Beer Summit II. Cumbaya, my brothers. Cumbaya.

Your are probably right. By the way, all the coaches from ALL the sports, the teachers, the administrators and the custodians took up a collection for 2 one way bus tickets to PHS. Please pick them up soon.

That's right you do work at the bus station! Thanks!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: rest :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Okay, fellas ... following the lead of our Commander in Chief and in honor of Veterans Day I'm buying beers for HWCUSA, SWMCinci, and all the other veteran combatants of the "Great Mason Comets Yappi War of 2009" (as it came to be known as in later years) tonight at Avenue Cafe.

Beer Summit II. Cumbaya, my brothers. Cumbaya.

Thanks G Man, that's a wonderful gesture. I am a Veteran and this is childs play in comparison. Feels like I'm in grade school again.

By the way I'd like to say thanks to all those that have served and help preserve our right to free speech, even if it is a little childish at times.
Just trying to shot back from my defensive stronghold!

I'm not sure he's mentally or physically tough enough to go both ways....maybe this is why he's not going to wrestle this year. Heard he was afraid to wrestle with the big guys!

I think you could be right about him going both ways. Also it is very tough wrestling in the HW class.

Heard he was afraid to wrestle with the big guys!

Except that he worked with the HWTs all year last year and was McCormick's partner for state.

There is a hole at Mason at 215 and McBride went injured for all of last year. It's going to take a lot of work to replace those that graduated and those that chose to concentrate on another sport. I don't remember who wrestled at the freshman level at those weights, but there will be a lot of pressure on them to perform. Dr. Carter gave some focus to the HWT program, but they have some excellent coaching there, it will be an interesting opportunity for someone to step forward. I hope Josh is able to come back from his injury.

We will be fine. Coach Murnan will work his magic. Every weight will be filled, young guys will step up. That is one of the amazing thing about our coaching staff, they get the boys ready to wrestle and often get them to wrestle above their ability, when it counts. I don't know how many times, I have seen this the wrestling team go beyond expectations due to heart and great coaching. Murn knows what he is doing, I believe he is one of the most talented coaches in the state. Not just for what he has done for my son, but for the way he gets kids to win when all the odds are against him. For boys that didn't return, best of luck to you.

Because he doesn't want to wrestle HWT, at this point he doesn't want to wrestle at 215 or at all. Whatever you might think he should do is unimportant, this is a 17 year old kid that is concentrating on football and being the best LB at Mason.

Being the best linebacker at Mason is not that big of a hill to climb.

i wish eric the best and hope that he gets the football schollie that he deserves. but trust me he isnt afraid to wrestle the big boys, thats not the reason he isnt wrestling

Mason Wrestling 09-10

there is word that after this season that Barry Hensley's 3 year wrestling contract expires and he said he won't sign on another year after another unsucessful season