Marshall v Indiana for NCAA championship

Irwin20

Anyone watch this match last night? Marshall wins in an upset 1-0 in overtime. Good game, despite the score plenty of action.

Anyone watch this match last night? Marshall wins in an upset 1-0 in overtime. Good game, despite the score plenty of action.
what a great game.. but I'd push back on the upset call. Indiana has a lot of history, but on Monday night, Marshall was significantly better.

what a great game.. but I'd push back on the upset call. Indiana has a lot of history, but on Monday night, Marshall was significantly better.
I agree from what I saw but the bookies probably had IU favored. I hadn’t been following the tournament. When I looked at the bracket a few days ago I’m like.. Marshall?

I looked at Marshall’s roster... 2 kids from WV, 2 from OH and another from PA... like six Brazilians, the kid who scored the game winner was from England, a couple Spaniards... I respect it. Good for Marshall. I would love to see Akron and Marshall split from the MAC in men’s soccer and form there own little elite soccer only Midwestern conference

I looked at Marshall’s roster... 2 kids from WV, 2 from OH and another from PA... like six Brazilians, the kid who scored the game winner was from England, a couple Spaniards... I respect it. Good for Marshall. I would love to see Akron and Marshall split from the MAC in men’s soccer and form there own little elite soccer only Midwestern conference
I believe the announcers said Marshall only plays 3-4 subs. Bet the kids from WV, Ohio hardly ever see the pitch.

Pitt Marshall and other schools filling roster with 23 year old foreign players as quick way to win in an age where top American talent goes to europe. Probably not a good sign for aspiring club/hs players looking to play college soccer but it translates well on the field and allows coaches to quickly compete against the blue bloods like IU, UNC Wake and Stanford.

Last edited: