Marlington Dukes Head Coach

Time for the Dukes to give a young guy a shot, they have a lot of young guys returning. I don’t know who would want this job with that schedule, but would love to see them return to glory
Young guy again?...........Gulling, the previous HC was a young guy and he quit. The Administration screwed up by hiring the ultimate one and done Mauro. The committee that recommended and hired him should NOT be involved in the next hire. How about forming a committee of people that know about football and let them interview and hire the best candidate possible be it young or old.

Any word on if the Marlington school district is even going to exist in a few years? Last year some were saying that dissolving the district was on the table if the Fall levy failed, and it did by a wide margin.

Any word on if the Marlington school district is even going to exist in a few years? Last year some were saying that dissolving the district was on the table if the Fall levy failed, and it did by a wide margin.
First off that was never going to happen … but the financial situation is still not perfect, but not nearly as bad as was first thought … at some point they will need to pass a levy … but not sure if they will have the opportunity to give a new coach a teaching job … which makes things more difficult.

Mark my words. Next year or the year after he will resigned saying he needs to be “closer with his family”. How any AD can hire this guy that wants a successful football program is a total crock of ****
Wow, any other predictions? You have proved to be quite the soothsayer. I’m sure the dukes will get a great coach they have so much to offer right now.

And look what Carrollton has done after the fact…they found a successful head coach that has brought his program and culture and now have a solid identity into the league. Carrollton has tough hard nosed kids. They have always had those type of kids.
Marlington doesn’t have much coming back or coming up either. The well is dry for a few years.
Well well well....Looks like the The Infidel was right again!

Time for the Dukes to give a young guy a shot, they have a lot of young guys returning. I don’t know who would want this job with that schedule, but would love to see them return to glory
There's an amazing amount of reasons to take the Marlington Dukes job!

Have you ever been to Marlboro or Maximo?
Or is Limaville more your style?
Do you like the wide open farmland of Duke Country?
Is the Stark County Fair a big deal to you?
Do you want to follow the amazing one-year trajectory of Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro?

Not really! Amazing is a very strong word 🙂

Yes! Marlboro has possibly the best & cheapest tractor service in the area.
Yes! Maximo has a local post office, a whole lot more convenient than trying to find a parking space at the Alliance PO.

Yes! Wide open spaces, woods, creeks, country roads, & Deer Creek & Walburn reservoirs.

Yes! Could use more of it. Love it, feeds me and probably yourself as well. God bless our farmers.

Not really! But I do enjoy the Carroll County & Randolph Fairs.

Do you want to follow the amazing one-year trajectory of Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro?
Already did! But it's over so no more following necessary.

🐴🐔🐷🐄🐎🐟🍏🥒🌽🧅🥔🌳:banana:

Not really! Amazing is a very strong word 🙂

Yes! Marlboro has possibly the best & cheapest tractor service in the area.
Yes! Maximo has a local post office, a whole lot more convenient than trying to find a parking space at the Alliance PO.

Yes! Wide open spaces, woods, creeks, country roads, & Deer Creek & Walburn reservoirs.

Yes! Could use more of it. Love it, feeds me and probably yourself as well. God bless our farmers.

Not really! But I do enjoy the Carroll County & Randolph Fairs.

Already did! But it's over so no more following necessary.

🐴🐔🐷🐄🐎🐟🍏🥒🌽🧅🥔🌳:banana:
This post, to quote the (some say) great Michael Reghi, is bringin' it strong like Luke Witte and a wider array of emojis than the selection of farm freshness at Green Farms Country Market.

Last edited:

This is gold

So why did Mauro bail this time? I haven't even seen a news article about it yet.
Doubtme...you're absolutely correct. I was curious, too, and looked at the Alliance Review. I saw a whole lot of Cleveland Browns stories and nothing about an Alliance school's coach leaving.

That's not only poor journalism, it's malfeasance, mediocrity, and maddening in my Jackie Chiles voice.

Well, it looks like Maximo is losing its Kountry Korner store. First, it's the departure of Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro and now it's Kountry Korner closing. It's a tough week for Maximo and Duke Country.

In all seriousness, looking at the financial constraints of getting and keeping a coach in Duke Country, plus the competitive demands of their schedule currently, I'd look at the Principal's Athletic Conference if I was in Maximo.

Marlington's enrollment is almost identical to Northwest. The Dukes, no offense, would not dominate the PAC. They would fit right-in competition wise and you have old opponents Canton South and Northwest already experiencing PACtion.

The PAC would allow the Dukes to, IMO, be more competitive long term than the EBC which requires 5 non-league games as it is. I'm thinking long-term for Marlington. The PAC is enticing vs a 6-school EBC that likely if it does expand is going to add Ohio River teams from Columbiana County.

Marlington matches the culture of most PAC schools. They love their Wranglers and Tractor Supply. Marlington would dig Fairless singing Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" after games. They might join in.

Marlington is rural with some suburban elements. Many of your PAC schools are rural with suburban elements or suburban with rural aspects. Bottom line, the Dukes fit that.

Marlington has good academics and competitive sports. Some good years, some bad.

Marlington is in Stark County - another plus.

If the only other option for the PAC expansion project (replacing CVCA) is Minerva with their 3-77 record over the last 8 years, I'm sending a secret delegation of top flight PAC negotiators to Marlboro and asking the Dukes about their interest.

Or at the least the PAC could consider both the Dukes and Minerva Lions and maybe some Akron area teams (Mogadore) and go big/small school divisions.

The big/small school divisions might make the Tuslaw's of the world happier and you have to have a happy Tuslaw. You just do.

Yeah, it's a crazy idea but I own it. The PAC and Marlington should at least have a discussion.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, looking at the financial constraints of getting and keeping a coach in Duke Country, plus the competitive demands of their schedule currently, I'd look at the Principal's Athletic Conference if I was in Maximo.

Marlington's enrollment is almost identical to Northwest. The Dukes, no offense, would not dominate the PAC. They would fit right-in competition wise and you have old opponents Canton South and Northwest already experiencing PACtion.

The PAC would allow the Dukes to, IMO, be more competitive long term than the EBC which requires 5 non-league games as it is. I'm thinking long-term for Marlington. The PAC is enticing vs a 6-school EBC that likely if it does expand is going to add Ohio River teams from Columbiana County.

Marlington matches the culture of most PAC schools. They love their Wranglers and Tractor Supply. Marlington would dig Fairless singing Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" after games. They might join in.

Marlington is rural with some suburban elements. Many of your PAC schools are rural with suburban elements or suburban with rural aspects. Bottom line, the Dukes fit that.

Marlington has good academics and competitive sports. Some good years, some bad.

If the only other option for the PAC expansion project (replacing CVCA) is Minerva with their 3-77 record over the last 8 years, I'm sending a secret delegation of top flight PAC negotiators to Marlboro and asking the Dukes about their interest.

Or at the least the PAC could consider both the Dukes and Minerva Lions and maybe some Akron area teams (Mogadore) and go big/small school divisions.

The big/small school divisions might make the Tuslaw's of the world happier and you have to have a happy Tuslaw. You just do.

Yeah, it's a crazy idea but I own it. The PAC and Marlington should at least have a discussion.
Yes..but will Marlington avoid the state taking it over...if I am the Pac

The PAC is not going to add either of the EBC cellar dwellers, it's High School sports and adding teams just to fill out a schedule when your conference is healthy is not a move ADs are chomping at the bit to do. The best thing the PAC has going for them after CVCA's exodus is commute time, they're not going to give that away to help a flailing district

This dude has GOT to be single.
Or he has the most understanding angel of a wife in the world.

Hey they have 2 round-a-bouts now. That has to entice somebody to take the job.😂 On top of that you have Cutty’s Campground right in the heart of Marlboro.

Last edited:
Thanks. Nursing is one job you can almost be assured a job no matter where you move. So that helps.