Marion Local opponent for week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if this pandemic will be an issue finding an opponent now....just a little over 2 months till game 1....appreciate your responses.

One issue will be social distancing on a bus, intial guidance would make it tough for anyone to travel.

Just hang loose until the state announces that no out of state opponents are permitted. At that point there will be more than a few teams that will need games.

Ironton is wanting out of that game. They had contacted MSML back in winter about week 2 but was told the game was already filled.

Why would Ironton drop a game that is right across the river from them to drive 3.5 hrs. to play a D - 7 hick school in Mercer County.
Not saying they drop their game, but if out of state games are not able to be played, why wouldn't Marion Local be a good opponent? I think it would be a great game.

Not saying they drop their game, but if out of state games are not able to be played, why wouldn't Marion Local be a good opponent? I think it would be a great game.
I wouldn’t be surprised if OHSAA or the Ohio Dept of Health would advise against certain out-of-state games being played & telling the schools as such. There’s a difference between Ironton vs Russell versus Pickerington Central and Detroit MLK.

That hick school would beat them 98 times out of 100.

As if the Ironton area is suddenly big city culture.

Other years I would agree with you but this Ironton is a little different than usual Ironton teams with the Reid Carrico kid and a 2022 player (Trevor Carter )who also has multiple D1 offers. Not saying Marion Local would lose since they return a bunch too but it would be a great game regardless.

That hick school would beat them 98 times out of 100.

As if the Ironton area is suddenly big city culture.
I want to see the boy from Ironton that is going to Tosu…...and I think they have another STUD player that is being recruited......

Status
Not open for further replies.