Marion Local (2-0) @ Minster (2-0)

Pull the film on what they did to Dave Homan last year. They will have the same game plan for Stephey.

But - ML's D isn't what it was last year.

But - Their offense is better than it was last year.

So... shoot out. But I think ML's experience gets it done this year. Minster next year will be a different Cat.
Flyers scoring has been set up by big plays in the passing game and punt returns. The running game has been inconsistent. Marion Local defense I expect will improve, for this game like you and another poster VTJ posted need to make Stephy one dimensional. What experience are you talking about? ML started zero srs. on offense last week and 3 srs. on defense.

Flyers scoring has been set up by big plays in the passing game and punt returns. The running game has been inconsistent. Marion Local defense I expect will improve, for this game like you and another poster VTJ posted need to make Stephy one dimensional. What experience are you talking about? ML started zero srs. on offense last week and 3 srs. on defense.
were some kids held out against Franklin? how many seniors started against Wapak?

Marion Local does a lot of things really well, but, maybe, what they do best is convince people they aren’t as good as last years team. It’s the same thing every single season, our defense isn’t as good, we’re inexperienced, our line isn’t very big, we don’t know who’s going to play quarterback? The list goes on and on. But, year after year they keep winning, because Tim Goodwin is the best high school football coach Ohio has ever seen. He knows how to win, and it has nothing to do with Friday nights, it starts in Junior High, continues in JV and by the time the kids play on Friday nights they’ve already won.
So I’ll take the Flyers 38-21 in this one.

Not the players but "being there" and ready to go for a big game. I know we don't like to put that pressure on kids but ML having been there, having done that as a whole is an advantage that I think will be the difference. (ie coaching staff)

I really hope Minster can win this game I know that last time Minster beat ML was in 2019 But I also wouldn’t mind if Minster lost

Last edited:
Marion Local does a lot of things really well, but, maybe, what they do best is convince people they aren’t as good as last years team. It’s the same thing every single season, our defense isn’t as good, we’re inexperienced, our line isn’t very big, we don’t know who’s going to play quarterback? The list goes on and on. But, year after year they keep winning, because Tim Goodwin is the best high school football coach Ohio has ever seen. He knows how to win, and it has nothing to do with Friday nights, it starts in Junior High, continues in JV and by the time the kids play on Friday nights they’ve already won.
So I’ll take the Flyers 38-21 in this one.
What's Goodwins coaching record?

I believe Goodwin's record all-time is 295 - 48 (86%) in what is now the start of his 25th year.
A few of his impressive accomplishments include:
- 13 State Championships in 24 years (versus 10 playoff losses & 1 year missing playoffs)
- Has 4 separate winning streaks of 30 games or more (including the current 34 game winning streak)
- Flyers are pursuing their 10th State Championship in the last 13 years (quite the run recently)
- Flyers are 148 - 8 since mid-2012 (95% - again quite the run recently)

The word out in snap chat is Otte is suppose to be back.
I think Flyers control this game by making Minster one dimensional by taking Stephey running away and making him stay in the pocket and throw the ball. This will move the ball but will result in little scoring.
Marion will rush the ball making Minster cheat to stop the run and then ML will score by passing.
What's your prediction Bigkat?
I expected as much, Otte like his brother is one tough hombre. Also expect Otte to play vs some teams and not play vs others.

Is this game being live streamed or audio or anything?? NHSF doesn't have it. Can't find it on YouTube. Don't see that any radio station is carrying it. Is it possible a game this good is being 100%.whiffed???

Is this game being live streamed or audio or anything?? NHSF doesn't have it. Can't find it on YouTube. Don't see that any radio station is carrying it. Is it possible a game this good is being 100%.whiffed???
TV 44 has the rebroadcast. Maybe NK Telco?

Weird game. Minster was inside the Flyers 10 yd. line 3 times and failed to score. Flyers I don't believe ever punted once in the game, 7 possessions, 6 TD's and one interception before subs came in. Minster, I think maybe punted twice.

Weird game. Minster was inside the Flyers 10 yd. line 3 times and failed to score. Flyers I don't believe ever punted once in the game, 7 possessions, 6 TD's and one interception before subs came in. Minster, I think maybe punted twice.
Marion won the line of scrimmage in the second half... great blocking and hard running by the Flyers... against the Steiners, you get a opportunity to score inside the 20... you have to score... hope the Otte boy is alright, didn't look good from the stands.....

It felt like this game could've been 35-21. As Stirred stated above, Minster missed three scoring opportunities, coming up entirely empty inside the Marion ten on three occasions. At the same time, Cats must tackle better.

Stephey was impressive - excellent scrambler, good runner, accurate passer. Although the final score doesn't reflect it, Minster's offense is fairly potent, and they will score points against everyone.

Due in part to the discussion on this thread, my son and I ate at Bud's after the game. As expected, the pizza and beer were excellent, but the Bud's experience hasn't quite been the same for me ever since they removed the cloth roller towel from the mens restroom 7-8 years ago. I loved that thing because it reminded me of my childhood when such roller towels were commonplace.

Last edited:
It felt like this game could've been 35-21. As Stirred stated above, Minster missed three scoring opportunities, coming up entirely empty inside the Marion ten on three occasions. At the same time, Cats must tackle better.

Stephey was impressive - excellent scrambler, good runner, accurate passer. Although the final score doesn't reflect it, Minster offense is fairly potent, and they will score points against everyone.

Due in part to the discussion on this thread, my son and I ate at Bud's after the game. As expected, the pizza and beer were excellent, but the Bud's experience hasn't quite been the same for me ever since they removed the cloth roller towel from the mens restroom 7-8 years ago. I loved that thing because it reminded me of my childhood when such roller towels were commonplace.
things a person remembers from childhood... so true...

The atmosphere was great. Minster is a beautiful town and the field/facilities were as well.

We decided on the Wooden Shoe because I'm a big Reuben fan and I was not disappointed.

Also impressed with the fall program, particularly because we haven't had one available for our fall sports yet this yet...

The atmosphere was great. Minster is a beautiful town and the field/facilities were as well.

We decided on the Wooden Shoe because I'm a big Reuben fan and I was not disappointed.

Also impressed with the fall program, particularly because we haven't had one available for our fall sports yet this yet...
Good choice with the shoe.... haven't had the Reuben, i usually get the chicken.. glad you enjoyed your visit, if you want to come back for the first weekend of October.. Minster has it's Oktoberfest... I'll buy you a jug of beer.... now if we just could of scored when we got in the red zone... but that ML defense gets extra tough in that part of the field...

Stephey was impressive - excellent scrambler, good runner, accurate passer. Although the final score doesn't reflect it, Minster's offense is fairly potent, and they will score points against everyone.

That mens room also had probably the smallest corner sink in the three county area.