Marion Local (1-1) @ Parkway (2-0)

Msfootball

Parkway has beaten Crestview and Spencerville. Marion Local showed their inexperience @watterson in week 2 losing 31-7. Big factor in that game were the 3 turnovers lost by Marion Local compared to zero lost by Watterson. Add the more polished quarterback of Watterson to the equation and it wasn't bound to end well for Marion Local. Bright spot is that Marion had the time of possession advantage and slight advantage in rushing yards over Watterson. Total yards Watterson edge 305 - 276. Certainly wasn't a case of MSML being pushed around. Flyers are physical enough this year, they just have to clean up a lot offensively.

Parkway's season depends on keeping Eli Rich and Nick Hawk healthy. As long as those two are healthy and they have enough competent lineman to block for them, Parkway should be competitive. I think I'm going to agree with Stirred on the score.

Marion Local 21
Parkway 14

Parkway has beaten Crestview and Spencerville. Marion Local showed their inexperience @watterson in week 2 losing 31-7. Big factor in that game were the 3 turnovers lost by Marion Local compared to zero lost by Watterson. Add the more polished quarterback of Watterson to the equation and it wasn't bound to end well for Marion Local. Bright spot is that Marion had the time of possession advantage and slight advantage in rushing yards over Watterson. Total yards Watterson edge 305 - 276. Certainly wasn't a case of MSML being pushed around. Flyers are physical enough this year, they just have to clean up a lot offensively.
What was the breakdown on passing and rushing yards for BW and ML?

I have a feeling Watterson will have a pretty decent team this season so I won't take too much from that game and ML struggling. Even if the Flyers are down, they should still have enough to win this game against Parkway. I'll go with:

Marion Local 28
Parkway 7

Marion will play cleaner than last week - no more than one turnover - and the Flyers' big roster will be an advantage. I'm looking forward to seeing Hawk and Rich.

ML - 29
P - 7

Believe the last time Parkway def. ML was in 1998, some kid for Parkway set a Panther record for all purpose yds. in that game. Name might have been Roebuck not for sure. Hopefully for the Flyers Hawk does not have a similar type game.

Believe the last time Parkway def. ML was in 1998, some kid for Parkway set a Panther record for all purpose yds. in that game. Name might have been Roebuck not for sure. Hopefully for the Flyers Hawk does not have a similar type game.

If you’re referring to Greg Roebuck he graduated in 1979 and was one of the best athletes ever at Parkway.

watched the Parkway - Spencerville game which Parkway won, this game between the Locals and the OLD army helmet Panthers, might be closer then people think. My understanding in the scrimmage with the Locals and Spencerville, it was pretty much a even scrimmage......that's the one that Loramie decided not to participate in ( :) )….. I'll take the Locals by this much...……...

watched the Parkway - Spencerville game which Parkway won, this game between the Locals and the OLD army helmet Panthers, might be closer then people think. My understanding in the scrimmage with the Locals and Spencerville, it was pretty much a even scrimmage......that's the one that Loramie decided not to participate in ( :) )….. I'll take the Locals by this much...……...
I don't put a lot of stock in scrimmages but I do agree with u that this will be a close game. ML has no where near the talent that they have had the last 7 or 8 years. In fact it would not surprise me if the Flyers at the end of the season do not have anyone make 1st team All - MAC.

I don't put a lot of stock in scrimmages but I do agree with u that this will be a close game. ML has no where near the talent that they have had the last 7 or 8 years. In fact it would not surprise me if the Flyers at the end of the season do not have anyone make 1st team All - MAC.
You might be right although Fleck may repeat as the punter......