Manchester's Jim France Retires

Well said. I don’t think Manchester needs to look outside their current staff.
I believe there are 2 on the current staff worth keeping - Brophy and Chadima. Not real sure about other younger coaches. But, Brophy and Chadima have the respect and confidence of the players.

I believe there are 2 on the current staff worth keeping - Brophy and Chadima. Not real sure about other younger coaches. But, Brophy and Chadima have the respect and confidence of the players.

Why is Jason France not considered? He's been the OC for some time now.

Why is Jason France not considered? He's been the OC for some time now.
infi,
"We have about 20 applicants thus far,” Manchester Schools Superintendent Dr. James Robinson said Monday, adding that none are from within the school system.
“These are definitely big shoes to fill, but we want to find not just a good football coach, someone who be able to continue the high standards that have been set here for so long with the winning tradition, but also a good educator, and a good teacher in the classroom.”

Have they started the process?
joe, the article also included a quote from the Supt. that the process for the Girls BB Coach was down to 5 finalists and that he inferred they will probably start the process for the FB Coach after that hire.

joe, the article also included a quote from the Supt. that the process for the Girls BB Coach was down to 5 finalists and that he inferred they will probably start the process for the FB Coach after that hire.
Girls BB Coach is teacher AJ Hite. Now they can start the process of replacing Koach.

Girls BB Coach is teacher AJ Hite. Now they can start the process of replacing Koach.
Hite? Didn't he just step down as AD a couple years ago? Does he have a kid playing or something? Apologies for asking Girls BBall question on Football thread, just curious.

Hite? Didn't he just step down as AD a couple years ago? Does he have a kid playing or something? Apologies for asking Girls BBall question on Football thread, just curious.
Yes, stepped down as AD, took a year off then stepped into the assistant varsity boys BB coach for two years. Left that position yesterday for the girls varsity offer. Annnnd yes, his daughter is a sophomore player. Unless I'm missing someone, all of the varsity sports are coached by parents/grandparents. While it's not in the contract, the superintendent makes it a practice of hiring only teachers for the top spots. He wants the added security, accountability and background verification that come with employees. An expected change in his thinking after getting burned a few years back with a non-employee varsity coach scandal.

Boys Basketball, Football, Boys and Girls Soccer, Boys and Girls Tennis, and Softball all coached by non-teachers ...
Thanks for the correction. Admittedly I don’t follow some of those. Football until now had two principals involved, two or three teachers and a school board member. So no, not all are teachers but the majority involved are/were. Boys basketball is a retired teacher and AD, assistant was until this week a current teacher and former AD, boys JV coach until this past season was an elementary teacher who transitioned to football. I guess my point is that after the scandal a couple of years ago he’s trying to place employees of his into those positions as much as he can for the security reasons I wrote above. Robinson said as much to the Suburbanite when he stated he’s looking for “...a good educator, and a good teacher in the classroom.” He may have to compromise but its definitely been his M.O.

Thanks for the correction. Admittedly I don’t follow some of those. Football until now had two principals involved, two or three teachers and a school board member. So no, not all are teachers but the majority involved are/were. Boys basketball is a retired teacher and AD, assistant was until this week a current teacher and former AD, boys JV coach until this past season was an elementary teacher who transitioned to football. I guess my point is that after the scandal a couple of years ago he’s trying to place employees of his into those positions as much as he can for the security reasons I wrote above. Robinson said as much to the Suburbanite when he stated he’s looking for “...a good educator, and a good teacher in the classroom.” He may have to compromise but its definitely been his M.O.
So the Supe wants a teacher. That's good, but do they have teaching positions open to bring someone in or does that mean someone on the current staff is getting the job?

So the Supe wants a teacher. That's good, but do they have teaching positions open to bring someone in or does that mean someone on the current staff is getting the job?
At this point I’m just spectating and guessing like most of us here. Sup said in the same article that there are no candidates within the system. So that, with the addition of him seeking a “good teacher in the classroom” leads me to believe he’s considering teachers from other districts to come and work in the classroom and on the field. Again, just trying to interpret what he’s saying.

Down to 5 candidates. None are teachers or coaches in the Manchester District including a college coach who was an assistant in college. They would like to present their choice at the May 19th Board Meeting.

1588352404867.png

ray, ????
Heard the 1 year Triway coach was asking around about open jobs. Would be shocked to see someone in PAC give him a 2nd chance at a head job, but had to chuckle thinking about Manchester wearing TTIO shirts the year AFTER Wright & Foster graduate. : )