PAC 2023

Lol I most certainly do and you’re arrogant if you believe otherwise. Norwayne, Dalton, Northwestern, Chippewa, and Hillsdale over the last ten years on any given year absolutely were better. Hillsdale played Manchester in a home and home and won both, as did Norwayne. Take Northwest and Canton South out the last 2-3 years and match up the leagues top to bottom. Not sure where the PAC arrogance comes from? The WCAL is an extremely underrated league that never gets the respect it deserves.

B32EBC96-1ECD-4513-9BE4-C07A2FFB42A1.jpeg

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Lol I most certainly do and you’re arrogant if you believe otherwise. Norwayne, Dalton, Northwestern, Chippewa, and Hillsdale over the last ten years on any given year absolutely were better. Hillsdale played Manchester in a home and home and won both, as did Norwayne. Take Northwest and Canton South out the last 2-3 years and match up the leagues top to bottom. Not sure where the PAC arrogance comes from? The WCAL is an extremely underrated league that never gets the respect it deserves.
It's a 8 team conference, you can't just remove 25% of the teams because they don't fit your narrative. If you step back and really look at the numbers your claim is pretty ridiculous

You guys really are something else. I give up. Good luck to all in the mighty PAC in ‘23. Hope all of you have a magical run in the meat-grinder of a league and the playoffs, just like last year.

I know what Orrville is and has and I’ll look at our league trophy from last year this week. Btw Norwayne, Dalton, Northwestern, Hillsdale, probably Smithville beats us and Chippewa abused us in our scrimmage. Alas I will step aside, I just needed reminded the PAC is NE Ohio’s version of the MAC

You can spin the stats however you’d like, but that tweet was from WQKT and 50 years is 50 years. Spin the hire however you see fit, but you wonder why Manchester people are upset. Furthermore, outside of the last 2-3 years, the WCAL top half has been better than the PAC.
WQKT BRING BACK ROY BATES AND JON MYERS

I know what Orrville is and has and I’ll look at our league trophy from last year this week. Btw Norwayne, Dalton, Northwestern, Hillsdale, probably Smithville beats us and Chippewa abused us in our scrimmage. Alas I will step aside, I just needed reminded the PAC is NE Ohio’s version of the MAC
Tuslaw is a soft more rural version of Jackson. The mom mini vans are strong.

For me CCC is the answer. I know they’re private but the “you’re getting too big” issue some have w/ CVCA is not a concern w/ CCC (The campus limits that). They also likely be the smallest school in the league on a regular basis so that could diminish the big bad parochial school spectre

Mogadore would be great for football but not sure the appeal for the rest of the sports exceeds the impact of travel.

We here all love football but these administrators have to balance the books and diesel prices aren’t going down anytime soon. Don’t be surprised if thy end up going with the easiest(aka- cheapest) option.
There is meeting of Portage County schools in several weeks about expansion with schools from another conference.

WCAL arrogance is so strong their fans are moving into other towns and assimilating their fan bases. It’s like one of those body snatcher movies, but the bad guys here are Mennonite, Methodist & Hillbillies. Talk about an unholy alliance…

You can spin the stats however you’d like, but that tweet was from WQKT and 50 years is 50 years. Spin the hire however you see fit, but you wonder why Manchester people are upset. Furthermore, outside of the last 2-3 years, the WCAL top half has been better than the PAC.
Follow me on this site at all and you will see that I'm a giant Dalton honk. That said, Dalton would compete in the PAC, but likely loses games to Northwest, CVCA, Canton South etc.....I realize you're trying to take out the last 2-3 years......but CVCA and NW specifically (outside of an occasional off year) have been consistently pretty good. I don't think Dalton would beat either of those teams consistently.

For example....in 2019 Dalton went 9-2 (7-0)(outright league title), lost in week 11 to a really tough Fort Frye team. Dalton and Fairless matched up in week 3. Fairless won 41-28. Fairless was 4-6 (2-5) on the season. Now, I was at that game and Dalton (like the Hillsdale game this year) just played awful. Didn't show up at all.....but goes to show you, in the PAC you can lose to a bottom half team if you don't show up and play. Just look at the PAC this year for proof....5 way tie!? Also - as bad as Manchester was last year, they would have beat Rittman and probably Chippewa - and would have had a punchers chance against Waynedale also.

Follow me on this site at all and you will see that I'm a giant Dalton honk. That said, Dalton would compete in the PAC, but likely loses games to Northwest, CVCA, Canton South etc.....I realize you're trying to take out the last 2-3 years......but CVCA and NW specifically (outside of an occasional off year) have been consistently pretty good. I don't think Dalton would beat either of those teams consistently.

For example....in 2019 Dalton went 9-2 (7-0)(outright league title), lost in week 11 to a really tough Fort Frye team. Dalton and Fairless matched up in week 3. Fairless won 41-28. Fairless was 4-6 (2-5) on the season. Now, I was at that game and Dalton (like the Hillsdale game this year) just played awful. Didn't show up at all.....but goes to show you, in the PAC you can lose to a bottom half team if you don't show up and play. Just look at the PAC this year for proof....5 way tie!? Also - as bad as Manchester was last year, they would have beat Rittman and probably Chippewa - and would have had a punchers chance against Waynedale also.
Was waiting for your perspective on this. Don't now anyone else here that has an equal amount of love for a WCAL & a PAC team.

The other side is that Dalton & Norwayne have been head & shoulders above the rest of the WCAL for almost a generation. Hillsdale jumps in once in awhile, but it's mostly the big 2. Last year each of those teams lost 1-2 league game in WCAL & would have lost at least that many in PAC.

Also, the PAC has sent EVERY member (yes, even Tuslaw & former member Loudonville) to the playoffs in the last 5 years prior to the Covid year & subsequent expansion. Been a LONG time since the bottom part of WCAL has earned a 1-8 seed.

Was waiting for your perspective on this. Don't now anyone else here that has an equal amount of love for a WCAL & a PAC team.

The other side is that Dalton & Norwayne have been head & shoulders above the rest of the WCAL for almost a generation. Hillsdale jumps in once in awhile, but it's mostly the big 2. Last year each of those teams lost 1-2 league game in WCAL & would have lost at least that many in PAC.

Also, the PAC has sent EVERY member (yes, even Tuslaw & former member Loudonville) to the playoffs in the last 5 years prior to the Covid year & subsequent expansion. Been a LONG time since the bottom part of WCAL has earned a 1-8 seed.
I do think that Dalton and Norwayne would absolutely compete in the PAC. The problem is, the strengths that those teams enjoy in the WCAL are not going to be strengths against the top half of the PAC. Dalton's physicality only goes so far when you're playing teams that outsize and out-man you every single week. Norwayne's size advantage that they often enjoy in the trenches would be gone - their line would be average in size with the rest of the league in the PAC. And the Jake Gills of the WCAL.....well pretty much every team in the PAC has a Jake Gill....only they all have 2-3 of them....

I do think that Dalton and Norwayne would absolutely compete in the PAC. The problem is, the strengths that those teams enjoy in the WCAL are not going to be strengths against the top half of the PAC. Dalton's physicality only goes so far when you're playing teams that outsize and out-man you every single week. Norwayne's size advantage that they often enjoy in the trenches would be gone - their line would be average in size with the rest of the league in the PAC. And the Jake Gills of the WCAL.....well pretty much every team in the PAC has a Jake Gill....only they all have 2-3 of them....
Full merger, big school / small school. Couple cross-overs a year. Finally bring Wayne County together under one roof!

Also, don’t bother telling me how dumb this is, I already know. Doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be cool. Wooster can even come too, why not. Tuslaw can maybe load up enough creampies to make the playoffs, Dalton / Orrville can start the most natural rivalry ever, maybe Lucas could even get a sniff with the expanded capacity and a little tweaking ;)

Full merger, big school / small school. Couple cross-overs a year. Finally bring Wayne County together under one roof!

Also, don’t bother telling me how dumb this is, I already know. Doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be cool. Wooster can even come too, why not. Tuslaw can maybe load up enough creampies to make the playoffs, Dalton / Orrville can start the most natural rivalry ever, maybe Lucas could even get a sniff with the expanded capacity and a little tweaking ;)

They sell those cream pies at Sunny Slope Orchard.....

From a fan point of view, I like the idea. Of course, it won't happen but it's just fun to discuss and think about.

Individually, there are some things in that idea for the PAC to think about.

1. Orrville vs Dalton. They should try a 2-year contract in a non-league game and see how it goes.
2. I've already mentioned Lucas as a football-only member of the PAC as Loudonville was previously.
- At least they could get a few PAC non-league opportunities if the PAC stays at 7 schools.

I love the idea, only because we could then force Tuslaw to still play Dalton 😂

I'm interested to see Northwest in 2023. Having Miraglia back will be really nice....Does Badger get more comfortable at QB, can they develop a more balanced passing attack? Is there a better option at QB, can Badger play WR? 4 or 5 new starters of the O-line.....lots of questions marks there...
Very valid questions. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

A couple of things. Stacy has a quality pedigree. Lets see how he does. I probably would have gone with Bohley or France. Bohley is a Manchester guy. He has a formula and is proven. He also has a good off season conditioning and lifting plan. France knows the community. He was good at offensive game planning and play calling. Stacy could be a good hire but we will not know until at least two seasons in.

Now for the WCAL and PAC merger talk. As I mentioned here a few years ago, there were discussions between the leagues. It started when Manchester, Chippewa, and Loudonville discussed moving Chippewa into the PAC and Loudonville into the WCAL. At that time the WCAL countered with a merger but it was shot down by members of both leagues. CVCA was the big stumbling block for the WCAL schools in those talks. Now that CVCA is gone maybe they could start talking merger again. If something is not done the PAC risks losing Manchester, Fairless and Tuslaw to a new league with Mogadore, Rootstown, Waterloo, and Southeast. Those preliminary discussions are happening now and the PAC commissioner knows about it.

Now for the WCAL and PAC merger talk. As I mentioned here a few years ago, there were discussions between the leagues. It started when Manchester, Chippewa, and Loudonville discussed moving Chippewa into the PAC and Loudonville into the WCAL. At that time the WCAL countered with a merger but it was shot down by members of both leagues. CVCA was the big stumbling block for the WCAL schools in those talks. Now that CVCA is gone maybe they could start talking merger again. If something is not done the PAC risks losing Manchester, Fairless and Tuslaw to a new league with Mogadore, Rootstown, Waterloo, and Southeast. Those preliminary discussions are happening now and the PAC commissioner knows about it.
Kids, this is a perfect example of the logical fallacy they call a "False dilemma." The phrase "If something is not done" makes it sound like the league is on a trail to a catastrophic situation when all they really need to do is replace CVCA with a school that fits the demographic of the rest of the league (D4/5 public).

As for the WCAL - PAC merger talk.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . I'm sure a few folks have talked over beer or coffee but there's no chance under the sun that the WCAL will change unless they are FORCED to. And to think that Fairless & Tuslaw would desire to start driving to Portage Co for half their league games... Now I could see the Blue Cup participants love adding Waterloo to their schedule, but not at the cost of having to take a spanking from Mogadore yearly.

Thanks, Stizo. Appreciate the laughter.