PAC 2023

I just think the 7 team league is not the answer. Look at the EBC - that league is and has been hanging on by threads. When you drop down to 7 teams, you're always 1 team away from not having a league. Other leagues see this, other leagues will then look to poach schools from your league.

From a predominant source in the Metro - they are looking to expand. You drop to 7 teams, you're opening up to being disbanded altogether. It's interesting that CVCA still has what 2 more years left in the PAC......based on the rumor mill, I think the league landscape could be drastically different by the time they leave the PAC....

I just think the 7 team league is not the answer. Look at the EBC - that league is and has been hanging on by threads. When you drop down to 7 teams, you're always 1 team away from not having a league. Other leagues see this, other leagues will then look to poach schools from your league.

From a predominant source in the Metro - they are looking to expand. You drop to 7 teams, you're opening up to being disbanded altogether. It's interesting that CVCA still has what 2 more years left in the PAC......based on the rumor mill, I think the league landscape could be drastically different by the time they leave the PAC....
Think you nailed it - 2 more years with the Wyoga Lake Warriors on the schedule. No pressure to force anything now.

I think under the league bylaws there can only be one "no" vote. Two no votes kills whatever is being voted on. I may be wrong on this, but I think that's how it works.
If this is true . . . wow. Going to be VERY interesting how it turns out. You've got schools all heading in wildly different directions. Just look at the non-league schedules the last 2 & next 2 years. Some only want backyard games for the gate, some want challenges, some want to play pile of SnowBalls from the movie Zombieland . . . definitely different priorities at least from a football perspective.
1674076519822.png

What sort of offense does Stacy run? Any idea of what sort of defensive set he prefers. The talent pool at Manchester is pretty typical of a small D5 school, so he won't be able to force schemes. He's going to have to play the cards he's dealt, and that means adjusting his strategy and schemes to the personnel he has.
What sort of offense and defense??? He's never ran one before... unless you include the pick and roll/flex offense and a 2-3 zone on D.

Very much so. Don't throw square pegs into round holes, but it's different overseeing all of for the first time. There is no proven track record of it. Ontop of running an off-season, which is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.

I believe a 7-team PAC could see numerous PAC teams playing Central Catholic, Minerva, and Marlington in non-league games since the EBC is only a 6 school league and needs 5 non league games to fill (until they probably add East Liverpool and Beaver Local).

Going to Carrollton sucks but some PAC teams will put their kids, coaches and fans through that patience testing drive.

Central is an independent as we all know and needs opponents.

It could almost mean a partial PAC membership for those schools.

Also until the Ohio Cardinal Conference adds an 8th team to replace Mount Vernon, those schools like Lex, Madison and Ashland will need a 4th non league game.

Then there's Aquinas. You could see some PAC schools wanting to schedule that mess.

Aquinas - welcome to Justus, Ohio, and The Ring of Fire!!!!

Fairless does what's best for them, so good for them but Perennial Winery closing down is -50 points for them and Tuslaw since that business was on the Poorman Street border of The Bleu Cup.

If you include Brewster Dairy as a sponsor you could have the Bleu Cheese Cup for Fairless and Tuslaw although the Mustangs have amazing feta cheese from John George's.

Last edited:
Kevin Stacy will use the shotgun which Koach said was the "fancy snap" per the Zac Jackson article on Fox Sports Ohio.

I wish the best for Manchester and that's a very complicated situation in the former Franklin Township.

You have no idea who they just hired. You don't know the guy and the person he is. You don't know the player he was. You don't know the coach he has been. You don't know his father and his coaching pedigree. You and cronies like you in Manchester are the reason your program is where it is right now. I personally think Kevin is better than this, and frankly, too good for Manchester. You all are lucky he was even interested - don't believe me, fine, yet somehow he beat out "choices 1-2" (who were manchester blue bloods) for the job. 🤷‍♂️
There was nothing appealing with choice one or two … another guy with no HC experience and guy with a well below .500 career record

Hey Sheldon that’s twice you’ve taken shots at Bohley’s coaching record. Nothing said on this forum is going to change the hire, but to say he can’t coach, because he coached at Atwater Waterloo and Chippewa is ignorant. He’s won a state coach of the year, he’s took Chippewa to an elite 8, he has an inland coach of the year, and a simple Google search shows a PTC County coach of the year. So before you take shots at someone’s coaching record at those two schools, at least acknowledge the fact that the new HC has never even called a play.

Hey Sheldon that’s twice you’ve taken shots at Bohley’s coaching record. Nothing said on this forum is going to change the hire, but to say he can’t coach, because he coached at Atwater Waterloo and Chippewa is ignorant. He’s won a state coach of the year, he’s took Chippewa to an elite 8, he has an inland coach of the year, and a simple Google search shows a PTC County coach of the year. So before you take shots at someone’s coaching record at those two schools, at least acknowledge the fact that the new HC has never even called a play.
100% look at what Waterloo has done since he left? Uh yeah not good. Take a look at the history of Chippewa before him. 1 winning season in the 70s. 3 straight playoff appearances for a school that has 1 in its existence. Lost and coached against a Coldwater team that...you can look them up too! The community in doylestown isn't quite the same as Manchester either. He is loved and respected there because he has done things that they have never done EVER!

(Little known fact the Elite 8 team. How many coaches were on staff for a team that went 9-3. 4 coaches because administration couldn't get anyone in building to help. He has done more with way less)

Now your asking someone who was "underutilized" AKA wasn't trusted eith responsibility as a football coach and basketball coach.

Part of me thinks The Chester is still back in the days of Tom Melody writing in the Akron Wreaking Urinal, the Red Pepper Steak House on Barber Road, Billy Soule on Channel 23, Howie Chizek on The Talk of Akron WNIR, the smell of popcorn at Rolling Acres near the fountains and escalator, and Acme Click.....not Acme Fresh Market.

As a lifetime Panther, I like this hire. It's time to turn the page from the Koach legend. There will be a new school building and new stadium in 2024, might as well move forward. Stacy will have one year in the old stadium to take in all the smells and "aura" of the old place, that will give him some old time perspective of the program. He'll get whatever else he needs from the fence posts.

The comments about lack of experience remind me of a time (long ago) when a local school hired another inexperienced coach to follow the footsteps of a retiring legend that had a .680 winning percentage over a 25 year career. The locals were up in arms, crying how could our school hire THAT coach. THAT coach was only about 30 years old and had one year of HC experience, which was a 3-7 stint at Coventry (you know, the cradle of coaches known as Coventry). Anyway, this happened about 50 years ago and THAT coach was named Jim France and the rest of the story y'all know!

Did the olde tuffs at The Elms approve? That's your problem with that.

Personally, I think Mogadore is a great add.

---
The PAC needs this as its new theme song reppin the Portage Lakes, Western Stark County and Wayne County. Canton is ok but not further east. Notice the highway sign in this video - it's a tradition, a culture and a mentality.

Last edited:
As a lifetime Panther, I like this hire. It's time to turn the page from the Koach legend. There will be a new school building and new stadium in 2024, might as well move forward. Stacy will have one year in the old stadium to take in all the smells and "aura" of the old place, that will give him some old time perspective of the program. He'll get whatever else he needs from the fence posts.

The comments about lack of experience remind me of a time (long ago) when a local school hired another inexperienced coach to follow the footsteps of a retiring legend that had a .680 winning percentage over a 25 year career. The locals were up in arms, crying how could our school hire THAT coach. THAT coach was only about 30 years old and had one year of HC experience, which was a 3-7 stint at Coventry (you know, the cradle of coaches known as Coventry). Anyway, this happened about 50 years ago and THAT coach was named Jim France and the rest of the story y'all know!
This comment is amazing and totally Southern Summit County Portage Lakes Amazing like the Red Pepper salad bar and old Brown Derby steak house on Waterloo Road.

Not taking shots just sharing info … numbers are numbers

Not taking shots just sharing info … numbers are numbers
And that analytical approach is why the Browns blow. You have no idea what coaching at some of those schools is like. Extremely tight budget, pay to play, kids that come from far than less ideal circumstances. But yeah, lets talk winning percentages

And that analytical approach is why the Browns blow. You have no idea what coaching at some of those schools is like. Extremely tight budget, pay to play, kids that come from far than less ideal circumstances. But yeah, lets talk winning percentages
Damn, only took 8 pages for someone to complain about using numbers to evaluate sports

Why is Brophy gone ? He lost ? It isn’t rocket science

Why is Brophy gone ? He lost ? It isn’t rocket science

Winning cures a lot. But speaking from experience, I know teams that did not like playing or preparing for a certain person in this hunt. No matter the talent (and over the last couple years that has been few and far between) you had kids who are bought in to lifting weights, practicing, working hard, and giving everything they had. Coaches knew regardless of the talent disparity they were in for a War.

That has way more to do with culture and program building than numbers can show. Stats lie can definitely be deceiving.

No idea what the hell you're talking about. Glad it gives you a laugh I have new member status. 👍
In the last 2 pages of this thread there are 6 new members to Yappi. New member status sometimes indicates a regular "well-known member" on this site that doesn't want everyone to know it was him/her posting. So they create a new account to post under and use as a burner account.

Wasn't referencing you specifically

Mark Wahlberg Chill GIF