Manchester's Jay Brophy Retires

Stizostedion

Look at my last three posts. I told you it was not anyone named previously on this thread. Then I simply posted K the next two posts. K was a hint. I could not tell you because I was told to keep it quiet. K as in Kevin as in Kevin Stacy was a pretty big hint for anyone paying attention. Once again I am correct!

Footballdad23

Manchester REALLY messed this up, they missed out on choices 1-2 with budd and Bohley which forces their hand into desperate situation. This job will be open again in 2-3 years

Footballdad23

6 posts all in threads about coaches getting fired or hired. Guess that makes you an expert in this area . . .
I mean it’s pretty obvious to see they missed out on a proven HC in Budd, a former Manchester grad in Bohley for a guy who’s never called an offense before. Really not that hard to see how bad this went for the panthers.

Raylan_Givens

I mean it’s pretty obvious to see they missed out on a proven HC in Budd, a former Manchester grad in Bohley for a guy who’s never called an offense before. Really not that hard to see how bad this went for the panthers.
Not disputing your opinion, just the phrasing. Saying "missed out" makes it sound like those other guys got hired away by other schools before your Panthers could get them. This isn't the NCAA D1 mercenary coaching pool. These are high schools with budgets & a specific # of positions.

That said, I'm yet to be convinced Budd would have taken the job. No disrespect to Panther faithful, you have a great history, but seriously doubt the money or optics (leave competitive D1 for a winless D5?) were right. And Bohley is a great dude & has done as well as anyone could at Chippewa, but he's been in the game long enough could the district afford to give him a staff job along with the coaching gig?

Take all the names away and you have a D5 program coming off a winless season about to have their 3rd coach in 4 years. They hired a bright young offensive minded guy who already has a teaching job 10 minutes away. If you're truly disappointed about this then I feel bad for whoever prepares your dinner...

ShootNation

This program survived for years with France calling plays who could fit every play he ran on a single index card, let's not act like calling plays is some fine science

doubtme

Not disputing your opinion, just the phrasing. Saying "missed out" makes it sound like those other guys got hired away by other schools before your Panthers could get them. This isn't the NCAA D1 mercenary coaching pool. These are high schools with budgets & a specific # of positions.

That said, I'm yet to be convinced Budd would have taken the job. No disrespect to Panther faithful, you have a great history, but seriously doubt the money or optics (leave competitive D1 for a winless D5?) were right. And Bohley is a great dude & has done as well as anyone could at Chippewa, but he's been in the game long enough could the district afford to give him a staff job along with the coaching gig?

Take all the names away and you have a D5 program coming off a winless season about to have their 3rd coach in 4 years. They hired a bright young offensive minded guy who already has a teaching job 10 minutes away. If you're truly disappointed about this then I feel bad for whoever prepares your dinner...
The one thing hurting so many schools is the inability of them to offer teachers who have 10 plus years their full years of service to switch districts. This can definitely hamper coaching searches when looking for people with 10 plus years experience in education as well. I'd say its likely that these things hurt school.

However, I don't think there are any schools in the Fed who are going to challenge the big D1 teams in region 1 for a while. Competitive in the league as a D1 yes Jackson, GlenOak, McKinley are that. Competitive in terms of making a playoff run... no not at the current moment.

CasualFan24

Manchester REALLY messed this up, they missed out on choices 1-2 with budd and Bohley which forces their hand into desperate situation. This job will be open again in 2-3 years
You have no idea who they just hired. You don't know the guy and the person he is. You don't know the player he was. You don't know the coach he has been. You don't know his father and his coaching pedigree. You and cronies like you in Manchester are the reason your program is where it is right now. I personally think Kevin is better than this, and frankly, too good for Manchester. You all are lucky he was even interested - don't believe me, fine, yet somehow he beat out "choices 1-2" (who were manchester blue bloods) for the job. 🤷‍♂️

the123kidz

You have no idea who they just hired. You don't know the guy and the person he is. You don't know the player he was. You don't know the coach he has been. You don't know his father and his coaching pedigree. You and cronies like you in Manchester are the reason your program is where it is right now. I personally think Kevin is better than this, and frankly, too good for Manchester. You all are lucky he was even interested - don't believe me, fine, yet somehow he beat out "choices 1-2" (who were manchester blue bloods) for the job. 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what changed in 3 years though. He was the choice 3 years ago and turned it down at the last second.

Football IQ

I don't think you realize the mistake that was made. Beat out doesn't quite mean the same when you're in the good ole boy club. The job description wanted some to restore tradition and pride that the community is built on. "Tradition Doesn't Graduate" well you just threw a bomb on that, with someone who doesn't know.

Too good???? Sure he may be a good person but anyone can be a used car salesman, selling themselves to people who don't know them.

Too good?? Explain to me his head football coach experience? There's a reason there has been many stops on that list pf places. The pressure changes under the lights and everyone wants to be that person until they are that person. The press release says co-offensive coordinator?? He has never called a significant play where he has been. At Waynedale, Coach Zuercher was in that role (also never had success vs a candidate in the running) His role was doing basketball ball handling skills with his QBs pregame. Coach DeMarco has called plays forever he wasn't giving that role up.

I'm sure the new school way of football will be great throwing it around with grades who do not have a TRUE QB among them. What staff comes with him that isn't a rehash of the 2 years they want to erase from memory. People who thought the idea of coaching was fun but weren't invested in the kids.

We will check back in a few years and see how soft of a community and football program are presented through this proces.

Raylan_Givens

I don't think you realize the mistake that was made. Beat out doesn't quite mean the same when you're in the good ole boy club. The job description wanted some to restore tradition and pride that the community is built on. "Tradition Doesn't Graduate" well you just threw a bomb on that, with someone who doesn't know.

Too good???? Sure he may be a good person but anyone can be a used car salesman, selling themselves to people who don't know them.

Too good?? Explain to me his head football coach experience? There's a reason there has been many stops on that list pf places. The pressure changes under the lights and everyone wants to be that person until they are that person. The press release says co-offensive coordinator?? He has never called a significant play where he has been. At Waynedale, Coach Zuercher was in that role (also never had success vs a candidate in the running) His role was doing basketball ball handling skills with his QBs pregame. Coach DeMarco has called plays forever he wasn't giving that role up.

I'm sure the new school way of football will be great throwing it around with grades who do not have a TRUE QB among them. What staff comes with him that isn't a rehash of the 2 years they want to erase from memory. People who thought the idea of coaching was fun but weren't invested in the kids.

We will check back in a few years and see how soft of a community and football program are presented through this proces.
THIS! The Manchester fans I know personally share these sentiments almost to a tee. And that's why we try REALLY HARD to not talk football when we hang out because you can get them spooled up in about 16 seconds.

Manchester has a great tradition, but that does NOT change what the program is today - a winless team in a league that is significantly better than it was the last 30 years. Reminds me of the great graduation speech "You are not special" (
) You can live in the past, but it won't change your future. I'd think Panther fans would be more worried about the future because their present is . . . not great.

Careful. Enough Panther faithful put up posts like this and you may be looking for another coach before the 2023 season kicks off . . .

CasualFan24

Yes. Too good for the politics and some of the azzhats that live in Manchester. Until there are major changes in that community, you could hire Bill Belichick and he still wouldn't be successful in that program.

Hit it on the head! Seems like you may have had a dog in the running of some sort or have a connection. We'll use the browns theory on this one, "if it works out, he was a great hire, if it doesn't we can say we all saw it coming.

Raylan_Givens

Yes. Too good for the politics and some of the azzhats that live in Manchester. Until there are major changes in that community, you could hire Bill Belichick and he still wouldn't be successful in that program.
For decades change in Manchester was the equivalent of Paris Hilton dating one of Billy Graham's great grandchildren. The problem is, she's now with you in the family car on the way to Sunday school so you better get used to it.

Rich Kotite

For decades change in Manchester was the equivalent of Paris Hilton dating one of Billy Graham's great grandchildren. The problem is, she's now with you in the family car on the way to Sunday school so you better get used to it.
I thought change in Manchester was a new meatloaf recipe at The Manchester Tavern although the closure of Cope Pharmacy had to be shocking and disheartening.

TopCat

What sort of offense does Stacy run? Any idea of what sort of defensive set he prefers. The talent pool at Manchester is pretty typical of a small D5 school, so he won't be able to force schemes. He's going to have to play the cards he's dealt, and that means adjusting his strategy and schemes to the personnel he has.

Football IQ

What sort of offense does Stacy run? Any idea of what sort of defensive set he prefers. The talent pool at Manchester is pretty typical of a small D5 school, so he won't be able to force schemes. He's going to have to play the cards he's dealt, and that means adjusting his strategy and schemes to the personnel he has.
What sort of offense and defense??? He's never ran one before... unless you include the pick and roll/flex offense and a 2-3 zone on D.

Very much so. Don't throw square pegs into round holes, but it's different overseeing all of for the first time. There is no proven track record of it. Ontop of running an off-season, which is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.

Rich Kotite

Kevin Stacy will use the shotgun which Koach said was the "fancy snap" per the Zac Jackson article on Fox Sports Ohio.

I wish the best for Manchester and that's a very complicated situation in the former Franklin Township.

sheldoncooper

There was nothing appealing with choice one or two … another guy with no HC experience and guy with a well below .500 career record

RedRiderRTR

Hey Sheldon that’s twice you’ve taken shots at Bohley’s coaching record. Nothing said on this forum is going to change the hire, but to say he can’t coach, because he coached at Atwater Waterloo and Chippewa is ignorant. He’s won a state coach of the year, he’s took Chippewa to an elite 8, he has an inland coach of the year, and a simple Google search shows a PTC County coach of the year. So before you take shots at someone’s coaching record at those two schools, at least acknowledge the fact that the new HC has never even called a play.