Makur Maker

No, I hate the idea that they’re treated unfairly at P5 schools. I’m also tired of hearing about how important academics are when kids are only going to be in school for a year. I’m also annoyed bc I mentioned other P5 schools have been preaching about this for decades and were constantly ignored.
Lol, what’s wrong with the guy going to Howard and stating academics was a driver in that decision?

Jemele Hill wrote an article about this about a yr ago pushing the idea recruits should go to HBCUs bc they weren’t “appreciated” by P5. IDC where he goes, I’m just tired of hearing about how the athletes are “exploited” when they live better than any other student. And I don’t have a problem with them actually having those perks, but people need to stop acting like they don’t exist.
Come on, you know schools like Duke, Vandy, ND, etc do exploit these kids. The student body looks nothing like them.

Come on, you know schools like Duke, Vandy, ND, etc do exploit these kids. The student body looks nothing like them.
How are they “exploited?” Just bc the student body doesn’t look like them? They get free education at a prestigious university. That’s not to mention other things like: priority scheduling, free tutors, p*ssy, and parties. I think they should get paid for the use of their likeness in media, but let’s not act like they’re suffering during their stay in college.

How are they “exploited?” Just bc the student body doesn’t look like them? They get free education at a prestigious university. That’s not to mention other things like: priority scheduling, free tutors, p*ssy, and parties. I think they should get paid for the use of their likeness in media, but let’s not act like they’re suffering during their stay in college.
Exploited doesn’t mean suffering.

High profile visits help with recruting

Christopher and Maker both made their way to the school, but Christopher decided to go to Arizona State. Many speculated that these top recruits were flirting with the idea of attending HBCUs simply for “clout.”

But even if that was the case, Howard has benefited from it. Jordan Wood, an incoming freshman from Texas, said he hadn’t heard much about HU before Christopher’s visit.

Jordan Wood, Zach Kent may be two hoopers to watch at HBCUs this season
The players, who are both white, share why they chose to attend historically black colleges

No, I hate the idea that they’re treated unfairly at P5 schools. I’m also tired of hearing about how important academics are when kids are only going to be in school for a year. I’m also annoyed bc I mentioned other P5 schools have been preaching about this for decades and were constantly ignored.
Dude take a break from the internet lol

Dude take a break from the internet lol
What? It’s true. I don’t mind like the one & done rule and they should be paid for their likeness. However, they’re hardly “exploited” in getting free tuition and all of the other aforementioned perks.

What? It’s true. I don’t mind like the one & done rule and they should be paid for their likeness. However, they’re hardly “exploited” in getting free tuition and all of the other aforementioned perks.
2/3‘s of college students go to college on aid from the government. Not really a benefit

PBoy's head is gonna explode. Plz stop with the Howard updates before it's too late
It’s not about Howard, it’s the bogus idea major universities mistreat these athletes. They’re treated better than every student on campus and I don’t have an issue with that, bc they make the school $. I have an issue pretending that the preferential treatment doesn’t exist

Absolutely no one pretends athletes don’t get preferential treatment. Wtf are you even babbling about?
There’s all kind of talk about how they’re mistreated and exploited. I think the PAC 12 demands illustrate how so many don’t realize they’re better off than almost all of their peers.

There’s all kind of talk about how they’re mistreated and exploited. I think the PAC 12 demands illustrate how so many don’t realize they’re better off than almost all of their peers.
They are exploited without a doubt. And they don’t necessarily have it “better”. The football and basketball players are required to be full time athletes and students.

They are exploited without a doubt. And they don’t necessarily have it “better”. The football and basketball players are required to be full time athletes and students.
Yeah, but they have their hand held on everything. And I don’t mind that, but they don’t deserve the pity that the media seems to want to push on us

You should appreciate this

What am I missing? They’re happy with the school’s policies on Covid. I don’t like Ohio St, but this is a good sign for college football overall.

This kid made what he believes is the best decision for himself, and in the process has made Howard must-see TV for college hoops fans...if there is a season. It's a win for everyone...except Duke and Kentucky.