Mahoning Valley Playoff Thread

Mogadore 49 Brookfield 28

Very tough game for the Wildcats. 28 up at half
Only close for the 1st half. Mogadore made halftime adjustments, Brookfield only had 2 players who contributed. Mogadore s total team. Held the WARRIORS scoreless in 2nd half.

Down to 4. Header is updated. I'll put in the locations when they come out.

Springfield and JFK have the best chance, IMO, to win their region. I picked Springfield weeks ago and I don't have any reason to change. JFK impressed this week. They have a shot against Cuyahoga Heights. STA, though, may be too much.

Poland is stuck in a region with Perry and South Range has to deal with Kirtland. I think they're both 2nd best in their regions.

Does anyone know what Indian Creed does well? Just looking at their schedule it looks they only played 2 good teams all year in the regular season, Indians Valley & Saint Clairsville, both losing in the first round. Hubbard could've very well won last night so just basing off schedule I'd think Poland has the edge. Good luck to all of the Valley teams

Check out the Hubbard-IC thread. Hubbard fans can weigh in as well. From what I've gathered, Indian Creek is going to have a very difficult time dealing with Poland's power. Hubbard had some criminally bad mistakes last night, but when they weren't muffing kicks they were moving the ball.

Check out the Hubbard-IC thread. Hubbard fans can weigh in as well. From what I've gathered, Indian Creek is going to have a very difficult time dealing with Poland's power. Hubbard had some criminally bad mistakes last night, but when they weren't muffing kicks they were moving the ball.
Thanks just looked at it. Sure sounds like Hubbard's special teams cost them the game. Definitely sounds like Poland is a solid favorite.

Only close for the 1st half. Mogadore made halftime adjustments, Brookfield only had 2 players who contributed. Mogadore s total team. Held the WARRIORS scoreless in 2nd half.
Seems the Brookfield QB injured his hand making it impossible to throw the second half. That may have had as much to do with it as any adjustments.

Poland will roll IC. Poland has a better defense and is far superior on offense. They generally don’t make the mistakes Hubbard made all year.

Down to 4. Header is updated. I'll put in the locations when they come out.

Springfield and JFK have the best chance, IMO, to win their region. I picked Springfield weeks ago and I don't have any reason to change. JFK impressed this week. They have a shot against Cuyahoga Heights. STA, though, may be too much.

Poland is stuck in a region with Perry and South Range has to deal with Kirtland. I think they're both 2nd best in their regions.
Aquinas is in JFK’s region. They already rolled them 31-0 a few weeks ago so I don’t think that’s happening. And Heights is no walk over.

Kirtland struggles a bit last night scoring two late TDs to win it. South Range is very very good and has played a tough schedule with five or six playoff teams and will challenge them.

Poland has a really good defense and can be a ball control offense. They can play even with Perry if they can pressure the QB because Perry is throw first and looks to throw deep. That extra second it takes for that longer pass can lead to sacks.

I like Springfield too.

I went back and checked and South Range played Kirtland in the playoffs twice in 2007 & 2008. In 2007 SR won by 15, and in 2008 Kirtland destroyed SR 63-7.

Just seen South Range vs Kirtland is playing not far from me in Niles. Might attend this. Could be a good one

Don't know what IC has, but any team that has speed, and has a coaching staff, that knows how to use it, will be a problem for Poland. Does Perry have any speed this year?
Struthers has a ton of speed. No help. 31-0 last night.
Perry has speed but Poland certainly isn’t slow. Perry likes to throw deep early and often and has some big receivers. Poland will need to get some pressure and cover well. Poland’s coaching staff will match up well with any team they meet. But there’s another team in the way first. Take care of business.

Don't know what IC has, but any team that has speed, and has a coaching staff, that knows how to use it, will be a problem for Poland. Does Perry have any speed this year?
I mean with all of that they'd be a problem for any team. If Poland plays their game they should win

Struthers has a ton of speed. No help. 31-0 last night.
Perry has speed but Poland certainly isn’t slow. Perry likes to throw deep early and often and has some big receivers. Poland will need to get some pressure and cover well. Poland’s coaching staff will match up well with any team they meet.
Struthers does have speed, but obviously their coaching staff does not create the plays to seal the edge and get them vertical. Saw Poland, and they are big, and well coached, but yes they are slow. Believe me I saw nobody on the Poland defense that would be fast enough to catch #1,#5, or #6, from Struthers

Struthers does have speed, but obviously their coaching staff does not create the plays to seal the edge and get them vertical. Saw Poland, and they are big, and well coached, but yes they are slow. Believe me I saw nobody on the Poland defense that would be fast enough to catch #1,#5, or #6, from Struthers
Well then they must have a great coaching staff that prepares then to be in great position to stop them before they get started. And apparently the Bulldogs were fast enough to run to the end zone before those speedy guys from Struthers could catch them. They’ve won six games against playoff teams. Slow teams don’t do that. Either way, Poland’s pretty sound on both sides of the ball.

Well then they must have a great coaching staff that prepares then to be in great position to stop them before they get started. And apparently the Bulldogs were fast enough to run to the end zone before those speedy guys from Struthers could catch them. They’ve won six games against playoff teams. Slow teams don’t do that. Either way, Poland’s pretty sound on both sides of the ball.
I already gave Poland the credit of being well coached. That is what you are seeing, because a well coached team, that plays assignment discipline football, will give some viewers the illusion that they are actually faster on defense then what they are. On offense be serious.Poland similar to the old Mooney teams. 3 yards and a cloud of dust, following big lineman.

Poland schemed well and trusted their corners in 1v1 and shut down the outside run game of struthers. They had their chances moved the ball well at times but drives stalled inside the Poland 30 3 times. Down 14-0 going into score with 2 minutes before half struthers throws a int with a huge return by the Poland player then scores with 20 seconds left in half to go up 21-0. A team with speed doesn’t hurt poland a team that has speed and a QB that can throw effectively can hurt them. I see them go in Perry everything they want

Poland schemed well and trusted their corners in 1v1 and shut down the outside run game of struthers. They had their chances moved the ball well at times but drives stalled inside the Poland 30 3 times. Down 14-0 going into score with 2 minutes before half struthers throws a int with a huge return by the Poland player then scores with 20 seconds left in half to go up 21-0. A team with speed doesn’t hurt poland a team that has speed and a QB that can throw effectively can hurt them. I see them go in Perry everything they want
Don't know much about Perry this year. I still think a team with a lot of speed will hurt Poland, if they design the right plays against them. I don't even mean throwing the ball that much.