Magic abruptly steps down as Lakers president

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Addition by subtraction...

In a bombshell that sent shock waves throughout the Lakers organization and the NBA as a whole, a teary-eyed Magic Johnson announced Tuesday night that he is stepping down after just two years as the team's president of basketball operations.

"It's a difficult decision. I cried before I came here," Johnson said as he choked back tears while making the announcement before the Lakers' regular-season finale against the Portland Trail Blazers, a 104-101 loss. "I am about to cry now. It's hard when you love an organization the way I love this organization. It's hard when you love a person like I love Jeanie [Buss]. I don't want to disappoint her."

Read more:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26482680/magic-abruptly-steps-lakers-president

If they stay "in-house", who do you want ?

Kobe Bryant or Jerry West ?

If you have to think about that one, you might be a racist :laugh:

It is all coming together.

Lebron James: Player.
Lebron James: Coach.
Lebron James: Dir of player OPS.

Then they can pay him for those positions get around the silly cap issue!

Running a team requires much more work then he was willing to put into it. The product on the court is the result of a poorly ran organization.

Running a team requires much more work then he was willing to put into it. The product on the court is the result of a poorly ran organization.

Are you calling him lazy?

I bet if he was white you wouldn't have said that.

Your white privilege is showing through.

Magic Johnson was a great player. He's struggled at being a coach/ GM, anything do to with the Lakers since.
He felt LeBron is here, we're going to win all the time, I can just kick back and not do anything...then the LeBron effect took over. I think Magic just didn't like the noise. And who blames him? He's in LA, he's got more money and fame than anyone. Why deal with these headaches?
Today's NBA is such a players driven league, and coaches, GM's, front office people have little power anymore. And many times fans side with the players because they are the one they cheer for.