MAC rivalries

Talking about good rivalries as of late, the Fort Recovery/Minster Road rivalry has been one of the best recent series for the past 5-6 years.
Learned that they won't be playing each other in this rotation...

source.gif

Talking about good rivalries as of late, the Fort Recovery/Minster Road rivalry has been one of the best recent series for the past 5-6 years.

View attachment 8052

Huge baseball rivalry. For the 3 years before FR went to D3 - FR and Minster played in the District Final. Minster won the first time and FR won the next 2. No doubt they would have faced up the 2 years FR went D3, as FR made it to District only to lose to Coldwater twice. (And Coldwater was runner-up and state champs those 2 years) Each time FR won, they went to state. The games during the season were pretty epic also. Cade Wendel throwing a no-hitter comes to mind for FR.

View attachment 8052

That's one of the two issues issue I have with the MAC scheduling structure. The chance that rivalries could be missed out on.

The other is that the 5/6 matchup that would usually be entertaining doesn't happen.

It's been brought up around here about the WBL going with the 8 game model, and as a fan of the geographical outcast I like it. But I couldn't imagine Celina-St. Marys or Wapak-St. Marys or any of the 3 Lima schools not playing each other.

And just our luck, we'd probably draw OG or VW (aka the schools that AREN'T a total pain for us to get to) as our off school lol.

That's one of the two issues issue I have with the MAC scheduling structure. The chance that rivalries could be missed out on.

The other is that the 5/6 matchup that would usually be entertaining doesn't happen.

It's been brought up around here about the WBL going with the 8 game model, and as a fan of the geographical outcast I like it. But I couldn't imagine Celina-St. Marys or Wapak-St. Marys or any of the 3 Lima schools not playing each other.

And just our luck, we'd probably draw OG or VW (aka the schools that AREN'T a total pain for us to get to) as our off school lol.
There can be protected games that never rotate off. The WBL would not have to copy the MAC method.