MAC (NCAA) All Fall Sports to Spring

I'm not going to argue with you you speculate I make my claims off of news sources

I'm going to make it easy for you. Do you think DeWine and health boards are going to "okay" high school football being played when for kids similar in age aren't going to play in the same counties? You really think Ohio State Football not playing isn't going to influence virtually the entire state into a decision? Not sure what to tell you.

Sources? Look. If it is too dangerous for 18-22 year-olds from a liability and health point of view, the same goes for 14-17 year olds who are actually KIDS opposed to YOUNG ADULTS. They are cancelling knowing they will lose millions, billions of dollars. HS Football cancels knows they will pi$$ off a small group of parents at each school, and he!!, 25-30% already aren't even playing. Come on now.
OHSAA very well may go bankrupt if their is no football, and more importantly the play off money that goes with it.

I'm going to make it easy for you. Do you think DeWine and health boards are going to "okay" high school football being played when for kids similar in age aren't going to play in the same counties? You really think Ohio State Football not playing isn't going to influence virtually the entire state into a decision? Not sure what to tell you.
Yes High school is different than College And the OHSAA has made themselves very clear they are not going to be the ones that pull the plug

I agree , however maybe DeWine will grow some cajones and do what is right and surprise us all.

Yes High school is different than College And the OHSAA has made themselves very clear they are not going to be the ones that pull the plug

Right, the Governor will.

In regards to above, the OHSAA will get their playoff pay in Spring, maybe. If not, someone else will step up to bat.

You can hate it and call me a doom and gloomer, but I coach, I teach, I'm in admin, I am telling you, I will be surprised if;
1. Any school still has in class learning come Halloween virtually anywhere in the United States
2. We will not see any "Real sports" until Fall 2021 at the high school level.

Pandemics are a two-year ordeal, we are barely one quarter of a way into this thing. It sucks.

OHSAA very well may go bankrupt if their is no football, and more importantly the play off money that goes with it.
Why else go with a seven round playoff? The OHSAA is in a precarious position because their funding is tied almost exclusively to ticket revenue from state tournaments. Catastrophic loss coverage isn't cheap.

In regards to above, the OHSAA will get their playoff pay in Spring, maybe. If not, someone else will step up to bat.

You can hate it and call me a doom and gloomer, but I coach, I teach, I'm in admin, I am telling you, I will be surprised if;
1. Any school still has in class learning come Halloween virtually anywhere in the United States

Pandemics are a two-year ordeal, we are barely one quarter of a way into this thing. It sucks.
this all BS football can be played safely this is all a sham to get trump out of office you watch

this all BS football can be played safely this is all a sham to get trump out of office you watch

You are probably completely correct, I am just stating that those same people (keep in mind, most college presidents are very left-winged), and override any AD's decision will indeed be responsible for shutting everything down. I don't and doesn't mean I agree with any of it.

You are probably completely correct, I am just stating that those same people (keep in mind, most college presidents are very left-winged), and override any AD's decision will indeed be responsible for shutting everything down. I don't and doesn't mean I agree with any of it.
Ya I agree well Utah is still set to Kickoff next week so if they kickoff I think we can all agree that some High school associations may not follow what college does

TRUMP IS IN CHARGE OF THIS DEBACLE! What about that don't you get? Do you really think people are purposefully dying in Texas to hurt Trump? Is that Liberal hot bed Arizona in on the get Trump conspiracy? Mississippi? How about demanding that we get this garbage under control. Trump administration could have been big hero's, but they blew it big time. So now the Governor who is also a republican is out to get Trump too? Utah has had a total of 335 people die from Covid. Ohio has had nearly 11 times as many deaths. only 4 times the population. If we were doing as well as Utah, we would be playing for sure.

They decided Friday.
We are playing.

Six games.

Y'all forget that already?

Who did? You realize the OHSAA has no control if this happens. Even ADs do not know what the heck the OHSAA even is anymore. "Uh, well the governor can pass it!". Governor is not going to pass something that puts thousands of kids and coaches in a situation that college football does not. Go to bed.

Yes expert TheDug, you are so much smarter than the rest of us because you are in administration. Spoken like a true left winger.

Who did? You realize the OHSAA has no control if this happens. Even ADs do not know what the heck the OHSAA even is anymore. "Uh, well the governor can pass it!". Governor is not going to pass something that puts thousands of kids and coaches in a situation that college football does not. Go to bed.
You must be sundowning.

Health boards are a bunch of wussies

This is a highly over exaggerated pandemic. Play ball, and don't be a bunch of wusses

Last edited:
BS? Look at Twitter for about 60 seconds. It’s the main story. We’re done. I worry if Spring even happens.
Don't care about Spring. Don't know why some of the people here think that Spring would be so great. If they have any backbone, the season is played this Fall

To many teams are broke, no fans showing up.
They should take this time to look at those crap Tues Wed and Thurs games because that has hurt the conference, all but 3 programs. Fan bases are worse than many FCS and D2 teams also.

That’s exactly what elected officials always do.
Reported DeWine supported the season change. That doesn’t mean it was a go head but a good sign

Attachments

• 73B18557-D07C-4F4A-9C36-2C5125DA16DF.jpeg
    73B18557-D07C-4F4A-9C36-2C5125DA16DF.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 10
To many teams are broke, no fans showing up.
They should take this time to look at those crap Tues Wed and Thurs games because that has hurt the conference, all but 3 programs. Fan bases are worse than many FCS and D2 teams also.

Those crap Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday games are the only reason the MAC has any TV money. And at around $800,000 per school, giving that up would be basically cutting off a home game or 2.

It sucks for fan support and attendance, but it's the only reason the conference is on the map.