MAC Basketball

They agree it was a push off before the shot?
It wasn’t a push off before the shot. Stop b I t c h I n g about the “push off”. I thought ML was all about physicality? Everyone needs to stop complaining and get their referee license. They are always looking for high quality officials, you know

Fort Recovery agrees
I am not saying it was a foul on Crestview, I am just posting time on the clock has nothing to do with a foul being called. I mean the zebras called a foul on ML with a .5 2nd left, very doubtful the Crestview player would have even got a shot off if he had it would have been off balance. As far the ML - FR game you don't think any ML players were slapped on the hand in the game while shooting?

For those of you debating whether or not it was a foul on Marion Local, the Daily Standard has some perfect pictures of the play from directly behind. You see the entire sequence.

Looks like a foul to me. After reading the Daily Standard who interviewed the ML player involved in the last play Who said; “Asked whether he felt contact before the ball arrived, Hess said, "Nope. No, it was clean." I have a great appreciation for the class the kid displayed. Certainly more then his coach displayed with his comments to the media.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ML foul on the Crestview player was clearly a foul. Saw it from three different angles. The Hail Mary pass, I only saw it from a WOSN highlight on Twitter and couldn't tell one way or the other. Even if the ML player could have caught it cleanly he couldn't have turned and gotten a shot off in .5 seconds.
Wouldn’t have had to shoot had the foul been called. Credit is given, great pass break up if we’re taking football.

Wouldn’t have had to shoot had the foul been called. Credit is given, great pass break up if we’re taking football.
I don't know if there was or wasn't a foul on the long pass. I haven't seen a replay that would confirm it either way. But terrible decision for the Crestview player to even try to challenge it. But the Crestview player being fouled was pretty obvious.

Looks like a foul to me. After reading the Daily Standard who interviewed the ML player involved in the last play Who said; “Asked whether he felt contact before the ball arrived, Hess said, "Nope. No, it was clean." I have a great appreciation for the class the kid displayed. Certainly more then his coach displayed with his comments to the media.
What did the coach say to offend your tender sensibilities?

Marion Local went about as far as their talent could take them, last nights game could have went either way but as most posters know doubtful any of the 3 teams remaining come with in 20 pts. of RH.
You could argue that ML had the more talented team. I feel we got outcoached again. He doesn't seem to know how to use
his big men. Reminiscent of several years ago with 6'11' Knapke, 6'9" Bruns ( who both did well in college) and 6'5" Bertke
and couldn't get out of regionals...

You could argue that ML had the more talented team. I feel we got outcoached again. He doesn't seem to know how to use
his big men. Reminiscent of several years ago with 6'11' Knapke, 6'9" Bruns ( who both did well in college) and 6'5" Bertke
Maybe so but in 2018 the Flyers beat heavily favorite CC who had Mike Bothwell playing for them. Speaking of whom scored 36 pts. in his league's championship game, and avg. 18 ppg this year. Furman plays Virginia in the 1st rd. of the NCAA tourney; I believe this Thursday.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t complain about Goettemeller. Crestview is a very good, balanced team that shoots and finishes well they are hard to beat.

Just seems odd that will all his years coaching at MSML, he has not been hired as a teacher there, hasn't he done enough? Schools find a way if they really like him. Just seems odd. I know several Steiners are not big fans, but wow, look what he has done, and the cupboard will not be empty for a while.

Just seems odd that will all his years coaching at MSML, he has not been hired as a teacher there, hasn't he done enough? Schools find a way if they really like him. Just seems odd. I know several Steiners are not big fans, but wow, look what he has done, and the cupboard will not be empty for a while.
They need to stop b I t c h I n g and realize how good they actually have it

Winning a state title in boys bball is very difficult to do and maybe now more than ever with recruited all-star teams like Richmond Heights. The MAC has won 10 boys bball titles in all, with ST. Henry winning 4 titles and Marion Local next with 3. 6 MAC teams have never won a single state title (Fort Recovery's title pre MAC) and several of them have never been to state. Coaches who have won numerous games never won a single state championship. I can remember SH fans complaining that they should have won more titles under Guilbault, comes with the job.

Last edited:
Are you certain he has applied?

I wouldn’t complain about Goettemeller. Crestview is a very good, balanced team that shoots and finishes well they are hard to beat.
Why can't posters complain about a coach? Never understood that thinking, like I said it comes with the job.

Last edited:
Why can't posters complain about a coach? Never understood that thinking, like I said it comes with the job.
Posters can complain about anything they want. Heck, you can call your next door neighbor fat if you want, but it’s not very nice. I’ve always hesitated to criticize coaches because I know so much less than they do and am woefully under qualified to do so. Apparently a lot of people on this forum know more than the coaches and are clearly at every practice 🙄

The ML foul on the Crestview player was clearly a foul. Saw it from three different angles. The Hail Mary pass, I only saw it from a WOSN highlight on Twitter and couldn't tell one way or the other. Even if the ML player could have caught it cleanly he couldn't have turned and gotten a shot off in .5 seconds.
But the CV player coming in too hot, falling over his feet, could have got a shot off..RIIIIIIGGGGHHHHT.

I've seen that often in the MAC...

Look at St Henry during the Huelsman, Hartke, Boeckman years....

I've seen that often in the MAC...

Look at St Henry during the Huelsman, Hartke, Boeckman years....
Personally felt pg is the most important position in bball. However when ML won state in 18 the Flyers had Nate Bruns and Tyler Mescher both among the top 5 scorers in ML history. This years team although good defensively was offensively challenged.

Agree..but my point is....ya have to know how to play with the height ya have.

Having 6'7 guys outside the arc throwing up threes....not good
Disagree on that esp. when you have a 6'9'' player under the basket. (6'7") player is only a sophomore he'll get better, but the Flyers biggest issue next year will be finding a pt. guard.

Personally felt pg is the most important position in bball. However when ML won state in 18 the Flyers had Nate Bruns and Tyler Mescher both among the top 5 scorers in ML history. This years team although good defensively was offensively challenged.
Those Bruns boys were incredible.