MAC Basketball

I'm really surprised by the score of Russia vs JC, that seems like a high scoring game for them two

Yes JC handled them the night before. I truly believe (up 8-14 the entire night)

Jackson Center
Russia
Marion Local

are the 3 best teams in this area and I don't think it is even close. If you want to include surrounding areas you can add Miami East in there. Outside of that I am not sure anyone can compete with those 3.
By the end of this season, I’m expecting new bremen to be serious players. Coldwater is also controlling the MAC right now and need to be given their props. I think Fort Loramie is also going to be a serious player later on. I’m really confident in Bremen. Bremen and Loramie (and coldwater for that matter) are probably still mostly in a football frame of mind… I think Spencerville is really good too.

Carter played the entire night. Didn’t score until the 4th quarter. FL had a great game plan to take him away.
40-9 at halftime. FL scored the first 5 of the second half for a running clock.
Not sure if I have heard or seen such a thing before.
Botkins def. FL tonight 47 - 40.

Loramie lost their starting post player to a season ending injury. Their point guard who is a 2 year varsity letter winner is trying to comeback from a foot injury but he doesn't look good.

FL would have been a favorite in a lot of eyes to start the season, but with 2 of their 5 starters out, I just don't think they are very good. Might have just caught lightening in a bottle the first time against Botkins.

Loramie lost their starting post player to a season ending injury. Their point guard who is a 2 year varsity letter winner is trying to comeback from a foot injury but he doesn't look good.

FL would have been a favorite in a lot of eyes to start the season, but with 2 of their 5 starters out, I just don't think they are very good. Might have just caught lightening in a bottle the first time against Botkins.
I went to the MLK classic and they played between ML and SMM and they looked pretty good to me.

I'm really curious if how many actual SCAL fans (not Mac fans who follow Loramie) thought they'd be the favorite.

I'm not that connected but the connections I have talked about Russia and Jackson over the summer, and they have shown this season to be a good bit better than Loramie (and everyone else). They've been waiting on this group in Russia. They would have been my pick before the season, based on what I've seen of the group in tourney the last few years.

I went to the MLK classic and they played between ML and SMM and they looked pretty good to me.
I didn't make it to the MLK Classic. How was it. Obviously FL has a nice enough facility, but were the games intriguing enough to pay $15 a ticket for? I thought that was pretty steep.

If FL's post player doesn't tear his ACL in football and their point guard doesn't have foot surgery I think they would have been as good if not better than Russia and JC.

Last year FL beat JC both times before a one point loss in the sectional final. Lost a close one with Russia the last game of the year. They were really good this summer and played some really good basketball teams.

With the situation they are in now I don't think they are better than Anna or Botkins. Its unfortunate, but that is how High School sports goes sometimes.
Do they have enough talent to overcome the injuries? Some people were enamored with the fact they started 5 seniors in the crowd.

the Skins have about 8=9 seniors? Is the Raterman boy out? I'm sure he has struggled anyways this season, getting hurt in FB. Haven't seen JC play( sure they play great D) but i wuld think Russia has the best chance to move on through the tournament

I didn't make it to the MLK Classic. How was it. Obviously FL has a nice enough facility, but were the games intriguing enough to pay $15 a ticket for? I thought that was pretty steep.
$15 got you into ALL games, you could buy a ticket from the other schools for $10 and $5 of that went to the school where you bought it... pretty good deal.... they had great crowds and also had the JV's playing in another gym in the building..... watched a bunch of good games... well worth the price... they are having it next year, if you like watching great basketball, put it on your schedule for next year..

From what I was told Friday he had surgery Friday to fix his knee. Their point guard is really gimpy and is teaching his foot how to walk and run again (no clue if it is that serious).

I don't think they have enough talent to compete with JC or Russia. They got beat by Botkins Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if they get beat by Anna tonight. Coach Britton is pretty good, but its been tough over there for them. Both of those kids who are out are seniors too.
To many good Senior players hurt this year. Brumbaugh at Milton Union, Davidson at Bradford both season Enders now FL battling.

From what I was told Friday he had surgery Friday to fix his knee. Their point guard is really gimpy and is teaching his foot how to walk and run again (no clue if it is that serious).

I don't think they have enough talent to compete with JC or Russia. They got beat by Botkins Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if they get beat by Anna tonight. Coach Britton is pretty good, but its been tough over there for them. Both of those kids who are out are seniors too.
Well if they have some injuries and down on some talent, we will see how Britton is, it will be interesting to see. It’s always interesting to see which teams can overcome some injuries. I know the Flyers are currently dealing with some injuries as well

If FL's post player doesn't tear his ACL in football and their point guard doesn't have foot surgery I think they would have been as good if not better than Russia and JC.

Last year FL beat JC both times before a one point loss in the sectional final. Lost a close one with Russia the last game of the year. They were really good this summer and played some really good basketball teams.

With the situation they are in now I don't think they are better than Anna or Botkins. Its unfortunate, but that is how High School sports goes sometimes.
I still find it hard to believe either make that big of difference given the number of players (and in the case of Raterman, how many other post players) they still have. From the (admittedly few) games I've seen, including that sectional final, this group (with the exception of Maurer) look like athletes playing basketball. Russia and Jackson have tons of basketball players.

It is too bad about the injuries. Would have been nice to see them at full strength.

In the next few years, I am expecting minster to have a phenomenal team. Mcclurg does a great job over there and they are the youngest team I’ve seen this year and they compete strongly in most games. Not to mention Stephey and Niemeyer haven’t even played this season. They’re both sophomores as well. So next year their rotation will probably be 2/3 sophomores, and 5/6 juniors.

In the next few years, I am expecting minster to have a phenomenal team. Mcclurg does a great job over there and they are the youngest team I’ve seen this year and they compete strongly in most games. Not to mention Stephey and Niemeyer haven’t even played this season. They’re both sophomores as well. So next year their rotation will probably be 2/3 sophomores, and 5/6 juniors.
Neimeyer played a couple games, and Stephey hasn'r played since the second game, i think he was first team all MAC last year as a freshman, and Niemeyeris a very solid player.... Minster now has 3 freshman in the rotation for playing time, with 2 of them starting.... kids have been in a ot of games, had a shot against Loramie last weekend, and lost by 3.... and gave a very good Miami east a game, but faded at the end.... by the way if you have a chance to watch ME, do it, Enis is a very good player, but the Roeth kid is a special type of a player, and BOTH are Juniors

Discuss...

1674242577800.png