MAC 2020

Preston will get drafted (2nd round) IMO if he wants to go pro. I don't think he can improve his stock by returning to OU. One more year in college and he's just another year older as a prospect and more likely to end up in Europe.

Preston will get drafted (2nd round) IMO if he wants to go pro. I don't think he can improve his stock by returning to OU. One more year in college and he's just another year older as a prospect and more likely to end up in Europe.

That's what I say!

Marreon Jackson just announced for the portal.He gave four years to Toledo. Wish him the best wherever and whatever his next stop.

He won’t get drafted. Next year he will get drafted after killing the MAC

He won’t get drafted. Next year he will get drafted after killing the MAC

Probably less likely to get drafted next year. If he waits until next year he'll be a few months past 23 by the time his rookie year begins and over two years older than the average age of a draftee at the draft.

NBA teams strongly favor younger prospects and would rather draft some 20 year old kid from Europe in the second round than a 22-23 year old college kid. If the goal is to get drafted, unless he scores 25 PPG next year he's making a big mistake if he doesn't go now.

Probably less likely to get drafted next year. If he waits until next year he'll be a few months past 23 by the time his rookie year begins and over two years older than the average age of a draftee at the draft.

NBA teams strongly favor younger prospects and would rather draft some 20 year old kid from Europe in the second round than a 22-23 year old college kid. If the goal is to get drafted, unless he scores 25 PPG next year he's making a big mistake if he doesn't go now.
Yes if he’s going to get drafted I say go but idk if he will. He’s still a raw talent that keeps getting better

Marreon might be better than everyone I've seen announce for the portal so far except for Marcus Carr (Minnesota). If he does play in college next year he's going to have a few really good options.

Marreon might be better than everyone I've seen announce for the portal so far except for Marcus Carr (Minnesota). If he does play in college next year he's going to have a few really good options.
I was thinking the same. I’d expect Marreon Jackson to end up at a high-major.

A 3rd Bobcat big has transferred (Nolan Foster) so Boals definitely has an opportunity now to add some talent this offseason. I am excited to see what he does. Most obvious addition will be another grad transfer big like Dwight Wilson last year

Loren Jackson not coming back to Akron. He announced he's declaring for the NBA draft. It was nice to see him win the State Farm 3 point shootout. One of the guys he beat was Littleson from Toledo.

Loren Jackson not coming back to Akron. He announced he's declaring for the NBA draft. It was nice to see him win the State Farm 3 point shootout. One of the guys he beat was Littleson from Toledo.

Got him back in the team competition. I didn't see it. The photos look like they were really rooting each other on.

Littleson looking to test the Euro pro opportunity, eventually wants to get into coaching.
Marreon Jackson going transfer portal has Az St, Arkansas, G-Town, and Miami as possible stops according to the Toledo board.
Komagum who barely played landed well at Sacramento St.
Acunzu, who has great potential for some reason settled on Robert Morris. Hope it works out for him.

The only one not accounted for at Toledo is Marranka, who is probably at best D2. He was a homeschooled high schooler given a chance but apparently never developed.

Got him back in the team competition. I didn't see it. The photos look like they were really rooting each other on.

Littleson looking to test the Euro pro opportunity, eventually wants to get into coaching.
Marreon Jackson going transfer portal has Az St, Arkansas, G-Town, and Miami as possible stops according to the Toledo board.
Komagum who barely played landed well at Sacramento St.
Acunzu, who has great potential for some reason settled on Robert Morris. Hope it works out for him.

The only one not accounted for at Toledo is Marranka, who is probably at best D2. He was a homeschooled high schooler given a chance but apparently never developed.

One of the funnest things in that competition was the kids all rooting for one another. Littleson and Loren were having a good time together. When they intereviewed him after winning, Jackson said it was fun to beat Littleson again! Pretty funny.

Jackson is "going pro." I love the kid but he's not likely an NBA player. Senior Cam Reece (an average post player), junior Jermaine Marshall (a juco transfer who was a backup), Taylor Currie (a juco that started his career at Wisconsin but only played 16 minutes all year), and Edwards (a redshirt freshman who only played 11 minutes all year) are in the transfer portal for the Zips. Marshall actually already committed to Samford. Most are looking at these as no great loss and open roster spots to bring in good players from the transfer portal.

Kent lost Owen Bainbridge (a backup 4) and Nuga to the portal.

Arkansas is the first place I thought of when Marreon entered the portal. Fits to a T the Musselman recruiting strategy. IMO if he wants to go, the Razorbacks will definitely take him.

West Virginia is another prep school/JUCO/transfer lover when it comes to recruiting. I expect Huggy Bear to be hot on the trail as well here.

Very solid pickup for Akron.

Jason Preston has declared for NBA Draft. I haven’t seen him listed in mocks which gives me hope he is looking for scouting feedback and will then opt to return next season

Very solid pickup for Akron.

Jason Preston has declared for NBA Draft. I haven’t seen him listed in mocks which gives me hope he is looking for scouting feedback and will then opt to return next season

I think that's what he's doing. Graves did it after his junior year. I like the kid and he's a great story but he got a little exposed against Creighton. Then again, there's not much more for him to accomplish at OU.

Akron picked up point guard Xavier Castaneda from South Florida from the portal. During the 2020-21 season, he averaged 8.5 points and 2.3 rebounds per game in 20 games played with five starting appearances for South Florida.

Coach at Toledo is hoping for a 6'2" and under league.

You talking AJ Brown? What other offers? His twitter says 4.2 GPA. He'll be bored in Athens. :D

Coach at Toledo is hoping for a 6'2" and under league.

You talking AJ Brown? What other offers? His twitter says 4.2 GPA. He'll be bored in Athens. :D
Yes AJ Brown, offers from USF, Bama, FGCU, Buffalo, Iona, Penn State, Temple, Yale, Penn, Drake, Penn State, VCU, Clemson, Murray State probably some others I missed :)