MAC 2020

96-91 Kent. Close enough to not tell us anything, lol.

I watched a great deal of it. BG played like a bunch of hyperactive 11 year olds and couldn't make a timely shot to save their lives. I really like Plowden on that team and Turner is very good, but the rest of the team and the coaching leave much to be desired.

I watched a great deal of it. BG played like a bunch of hyperactive 11 year olds and couldn't make a timely shot to save their lives. I really like Plowden on that team and Turner is very good, but the rest of the team and the coaching leave much to be desired.

hope that holds up because we got them next. Last time Toledo was having this great a season, it all fell apart. Another recent time, the best player got hurt before playing in the MACC. He'd have been the different and finally a trip to NCAA.

Akron gets Ball State tomorrow then heads to Toledo. From what I've seen Toledo is as good as anyone in the MAC. I think BG caves down the stretch.

Akron gets Ball State tomorrow then heads to Toledo. From what I've seen Toledo is as good as anyone in the MAC. I think BG caves down the stretch.

They did a bit of that last night. Fr Fulmer (Lima Sr) and Diggs seemed the only ones willing to take a shot. Meanwhile. Toledi is trying to find someone on that team that can't make a three. The bench shot a couple last night, FROM the bench. They were 1 out of 2. Not enough statistical sampling.

And as well as they've played, it comes down to a coach that can't grasp when you're up three, you foul or protect the perimeter so tight, it force the other team to only have a 2 shot. But no, he let's Akron tie in regular and win in OT. If they can't beat Akron, it's all gone to waste. Akron will have the tie breaker. The way Akron is playing, no other team is going to beat them like EMU (who they've since demolished) or NIU did earlier.

They did a bit of that last night. Fr Fulmer (Lima Sr) and Diggs seemed the only ones willing to take a shot. Meanwhile. Toledi is trying to find someone on that team that can't make a three. The bench shot a couple last night, FROM the bench. They were 1 out of 2. Not enough statistical sampling.

And as well as they've played, it comes down to a coach that can't grasp when you're up three, you foul or protect the perimeter so tight, it force the other team to only have a 2 shot. But no, he let's Akron tie in regular and win in OT. If they can't beat Akron, it's all gone to waste. Akron will have the tie breaker. The way Akron is playing, no other team is going to beat them like EMU (who they've since demolished) or NIU did earlier.

Akron is very deep and plays good defense. Hopefully, those help to get them by Toledo, but I think Toledo has to be the favorite at home. Littleson seems to be a decent three point shooter. Acunzo is also a good shooter for a big man. Jackson certainly isn't shy about shooting it from anywhere.

Akron and Toledo had no problem putting away BG at BG. They've gone from being the league pre-season favorites to pretenders.

NIU and EMU were awful games for Akron. They may have been a positive in that they woke the team up.

I don't think "at home" means a whole lot. Someone will no doubt do the stats when season completed.
Certainly not as much as usual but there has to be a little bit of an advantage in being in familiar surroundings and on your normal routine as opposed to travel, possibly staying overnight, etc. There can't be much of an advantage in a Kent/Akron or Toledo/BG game.

There’s definitely an edge at some level. Seems like it’s always been that way in the MAC.

Another “seems like it’s always been that way” in the MAC: After Toledo at #1, the MAC East is 2-7 and the MAC West is 8-12 in the standings

This "flop" call is ridiculous. Players getting lifted off their feet and the ref calls them for a flop.

Toledo just insane shooting. 50% FG, 45% 3pt, 89% FT and that's with the Freshman Rollins going o-fer. Seriously unusual game for him.
Newark's Shumate, who came to Toledo out of Walsh 8-11, 3-3, 6-6, this after 11-11, 5-5, 6-7 line against Miami two games ago. Where da heck this coming from?

2 and a half game lead. NOW of course the MAC will insist on a tournament so Toledo can get knocked out. lol.

Last edited:
Nice game for the Rockets. Great shooting but the Zips perimeter defense was very much lacking. The better team last night won. It should be a good game if they meet up in Cleveland.

KSU/Miami was an odd one. KSU got out to a big lead then Miami went on a huge run to go up by 7 at half. Kent then came back in the second half to win relatively easy. Kent/Akron at Kent Friday.

Nice game for the Rockets. Great shooting but the Zips perimeter defense was very much lacking. The better team last night won. It should be a good game if they meet up in Cleveland.

KSU/Miami was an odd one. KSU got out to a big lead then Miami went on a huge run to go up by 7 at half. Kent then came back in the second half to win relatively easy. Kent/Akron at Kent Friday.

I rarely watch the non-Toledo games let alone MAC games but that one, I may give a watch.

I rarely watch the non-Toledo games let alone MAC games but that one, I may give a watch.

Same here, but I did watch Toledo-BG. I watch some Kent as I am only 3 or 4 miles from their campus. I root for them most of the time unless they're playing Akron.

Same here, but I did watch Toledo-BG. I watch some Kent as I am only 3 or 4 miles from their campus. I root for them most of the time unless they're playing Akron.

Got lucky. I'd put the link here but afraid to draw attention and get it removed. Google Akron Toledo basketball go to video and set duration to long.... look for the 1:29:11 Well worth the watch. LC Jackson for Akron is a creative genius. For Toledo everything wraps through M Jackson but we have four guards, any two on the floor will keep us pretty even with anyone in the MAC for a spell. Now the forwards are getting into the outside scoring. I do NOT look forward to a 3rd game with Akron. They're only getting better as those transfers find their way and they are much deeper than Toledo.

Got lucky. I'd put the link here but afraid to draw attention and get it removed. Google Akron Toledo basketball go to video and set duration to long.... look for the 1:29:11 Well worth the watch. LC Jackson for Akron is a creative genius. For Toledo everything wraps through M Jackson but we have four guards, any two on the floor will keep us pretty even with anyone in the MAC for a spell. Now the forwards are getting into the outside scoring. I do NOT look forward to a 3rd game with Akron. They're only getting better as those transfers find their way and they are much deeper than Toledo.

The transfers have been up and down. Trimble, the kid from St. John's has been the best and is a very good 3 point shooter though streaky. Wynn, the kid from Wake Forest, started the season having to wait a year but was able to play after the NCAA made the Covid transfer exception. he is staring to come around. Dailey, the Iowa transfer, has been a disappointment and can't seem to get on track.

The transfers have been up and down. Trimble, the kid from St. John's has been the best and is a very good 3 point shooter though streaky. Wynn, the kid from Wake Forest, started the season having to wait a year but was able to play after the NCAA made the Covid transfer exception. he is staring to come around. Dailey, the Iowa transfer, has been a disappointment and can't seem to get on track.

You just described Toledo the first weeks of the season. Yep, not feeling comfortable playing Akron a third time. Toledo wins out but loses in MACC Final to Akron playing an insane game, MAC would have it's best chance in awhile of getting in two teams.

You just described Toledo the first weeks of the season. Yep, not feeling comfortable playing Akron a third time. Toledo wins out but loses in MACC Final to Akron playing an insane game, MAC would have it's best chance in awhile of getting in two teams.

I wish I could have the faith in the MAC getting two bids but history tells us that if you don't win the MAC championship you're not getting in. Akron had some great years where they lost in the big game then just got completely ignored by the committee.

Thanks for the MAC talk!

I wish I could have the faith in the MAC getting two bids but history tells us that if you don't win the MAC championship you're not getting in. Akron had some great years where they lost in the big game then just got completely ignored by the committee.

Thanks for the MAC talk!

I think that scenario is the best chance MAC has at two bids because Toledo is getting national press for it's outragious shooting. Mostly it's because they've been healthy and gotten in more games than most teams, the reason they have more 3's than anyone. By percentage, they're still top ten in the country.

Akron and Kent can't both win-out since they still play. Winner of tonight and Toledo I think hope have a win-out lose in the MACC chance of a second bid. Unfortunately all any can claim is a quality OOC LOSS, no wins. Toledo by one to X. Akron to Bonnies, assuming they keep their winning ways. And Kent to UVA. I'm hoping that plays with the selection committee.

Akron - Kent not on free ESPN3. Looks like I'm going to have to go russian.

Akron really took it to Kent in the first half and has a 20 point half. Kent made a comeback in the second half and got it down to 6 but Akron ended up winning by 11.

My russian connection let me down. Game was listed then it wasn't. Looks like Trimble had a monster game.

Pretty clear pecking order establish. Toledo could still pull what set Akron down with those losses to EMU and NIU. Ball St next. Lost more good seasons to inexplicable loses to them, mostly in football.

My russian connection let me down. Game was listed then it wasn't. Looks like Trimble had a monster game.

Pretty clear pecking order establish. Toledo could still pull what set Akron down with those losses to EMU and NIU. Ball St next. Lost more good seasons to inexplicable loses to them, mostly in football.

When Akron played Ball State they were down to 8 or 9 players. It was El-Amin and the seven dwarfs. They were pretty awful.

Zips get OU Tuesday, but word is that Covid is going to take that game down.

I think that scenario is the best chance MAC has at two bids because Toledo is getting national press for it's outragious shooting. Mostly it's because they've been healthy and gotten in more games than most teams, the reason they have more 3's than anyone. By percentage, they're still top ten in the country.

Akron and Kent can't both win-out since they still play. Winner of tonight and Toledo I think hope have a win-out lose in the MACC chance of a second bid. Unfortunately all any can claim is a quality OOC LOSS, no wins. Toledo by one to X. Akron to Bonnies, assuming they keep their winning ways. And Kent to UVA. I'm hoping that plays with the selection committee.

Akron - Kent not on free ESPN3. Looks like I'm going to have to go russian.
Saw this was available if one had one of several streaming services, but - alas - I have none of those.
1612642129589.png
:cry:

When Akron played Ball State they were down to 8 or 9 players. It was El-Amin and the seven dwarfs. They were pretty awful.

Zips get OU Tuesday, but word is that Covid is going to take that game down.
Someone on Ohio has it. Four games including one yesterday now postponed for Ohio.

Timing is annoying as Ohio had won 4 straight and was back towards the top of the MAC standings again

Someone on Ohio has it. Four games including one yesterday now postponed for Ohio.

Timing is annoying as Ohio had won 4 straight and was back towards the top of the MAC standings again

They had just started to come around and make themselves heard. I figured that with Preston, Wilson and VanderPlas (and the absence of Saul!) they'd eventually be a factor.

Toledo blew an easy regular season championship, has the tougher schedule remaining. One loss and Akron moves ahead.

Looks like Akron might only get 21 games in. Toledo 28. Even if Akron moves ahead, I wonder if they'll account in some manner for the game differential when seeding the MACC?

Akron continues to win but not look good doing it. Their defense has really dropped off since halftime of the Kent game.

Zips are at OU tomorrow night. OU seemed to be coming around before Covid set them back weeks. They haven't played since the 2nd. They'll be well rested or really rusty.