LSU vs Clemson National Title Game

Who wins?

• Total voters
Joe Burrow/LSU now sets the college football scoring record for a season. Joe Burrow/Athens also owns the Ohsaa scoring record for a season
David Murray from Nordonia threw 60 TD passes against DII competition that same season, when Burrow threw 63 against a bunch of farmers and hill jack kids. I was more impressed by that, TBH.

I didn’t know Steubenville, Desales, Akron SVSM, and TCC are farmers
lol

I was referring more to the first 11 games of the season.

I’m just busting your chops. I’ve been rooting for Burrow ever since 2014.

Murray had better receivers, and a bunch of them. He wasn’t even the best QB on the team that year, but he was a senior and had started the season before.

Geaux Tigers!!

I still don’t think Orgeron is that good of a coach. I think he’s being more hyped up by the media based on his personality. Joe Burrow is why they dominated. No Burrow, no title.

lol

I was referring more to the first 11 games of the season.

I’m just busting your chops. I’ve been rooting for Burrow ever since 2014
Joe Burrow did put up 58 at Reno’s place during the regular season. They are still mad Burrow took knees at the 5 instead of setting the all time Steubenville record

I still don’t think Orgeron is that good of a coach. I think he’s being more hyped up by the media based on his personality. Joe Burrow is why they dominated. No Burrow, no title.
No coach has ever won a game. Players win games. College football is based on talent alone

No coach has ever won a game. Players win games. College football is based on talent alone
That’s not entirely true, but just 2 yrs ago, Orgeron lost to Troy at home. The media just inflated his ability bc he’s affable and talks funny. I’d say Joe Brady was more important for LSU winning this title than Orgeron.

That’s not entirely true, but just 2 yrs ago, Orgeron lost to Troy at home. The media just inflated his ability bc he’s affable and talks funny. I’d say Joe Brady was more important for LSU winning this title than Orgeron.
Ed Oregon created the USC dynasty. College football is all recruiting. The NFL is coaching

I enjoyed hearing Herbie say “.....Brady took LSU’s archaic offense...”

Ed Oregon created the USC dynasty. College football is all recruiting. The NFL is coaching
He’s partially responsible, but Pete Carroll was a bigger driving force behind that. Even Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush said that

I enjoyed hearing Herbie say “.....Brady took LSU’s archaic offense...”
It’s true. They had a decent Offense last yr and with most of the same personnel returning, you’d expect an increase in production, but nothing anywhere near the extent of what we saw this yr.

Check these stats out: Early in the 2nd quarter and after Clemson had taken a 17 - 7 lead and Venerables D had held Burrow to three consecutive 3 & outs, LSU:

* Outscored Clemson 35 - 8.

* Out gained Clemson 511 yards to 124 yards.

Total domination.

Clemson played like it's hair was on fire early on, once LSU settled in and made some adjustments, the talent took over. Burrow was rattled early and LSU's O-line had a very difficult time keeping the rush out, but it's pick your poison with LSU, you blitz, you open yourself up to big plays and that's exactly what happened. LSU had a heck of a season, one of the best ever.

What an incredible game. Joe Burrow's escapability is insane. Always has his eyes down the field when scrambling making huge plays when the play broke down. An incredible game to cap an incredible season and he even got in on Neck towards the end of the game when the band started playing it. Great turnaround by the LSU WRs after struggling to hold onto the ball when catching on the first few drives. Lawrence looked good IMO even with the sub 50% passing. Higgins and Ross were disappointing last night. I thought they would have had a better game.

Great game tonight. And Burrow has cemented himself as the top pick in the draft (he was already there really). After winning the Heisman and leading LSU to an undefeated national championship.....he gets to come home and play for the trainwreck known as the Bengals. Poor guy doesn’t deserve it

Clemson played like it's hair was on fire early on, once LSU settled in and made some adjustments, the talent took over. Burrow was rattled early and LSU's O-line had a very difficult time keeping the rush out, but it's pick your poison with LSU, you blitz, you open yourself up to big plays and that's exactly what happened. LSU had a heck of a season, one of the best ever.

I know its part of their overall scheme, but that all happened whenever LSU was in their bunch package. Clemson would have 8-9 in the box, auto blitz package and Burrow had someone in his face by the time he looked up from the snap. After the opening drive of the 2nd half, LSU never ran that formation package again and Burrow picked them apart from the 4-5 wide look. Like he did whenever they ran it in the 1st half. This game shouldn't have been as close as it was.

I know its part of their overall scheme, but that all happened whenever LSU was in their bunch package. Clemson would have 8-9 in the box, auto blitz package and Burrow had someone in his face by the time he looked up from the snap. After the opening drive of the 2nd half, LSU never ran that formation package again and Burrow picked them apart from the 4-5 wide look. Like he did whenever they ran it in the 1st half. This game shouldn't have been as close as it was.
I was surprised LSU didn't at least try to run Edwards-Hellaire more early on, they pretty much went pass happy from the jump. Nice calls on the QB runs up the middle, basically had to block one blitzer and Burrow had all kinds of time to run. Dabo had his boys ready to go, no doubt. I thought Clemson abandoned their running game a little early. There was time for them to drive and get back in the game and they were just all out pass. Lawrence showed some flaws last night.

Great game tonight. And Burrow has cemented himself as the top pick in the draft (he was already there really). After winning the Heisman and leading LSU to an undefeated national championship.....he gets to come home and play for the trainwreck known as the Bengals. Poor guy doesn’t deserve it
The thing people need to understand is many times these players come from really good college teams, and the transition to an substandard NFL team is difficult. I just hope Burrow expectations are not too high. We've seen great college QB's fall flat, sometimes their fault, sometimes not. Vince Young and Matt Leinert were "can't miss" guys and never made it. The Bengals will have to get better at a lot of positions, not just QB. I'd actually consider keeping Andy Daulton for a season and let Burrow sit back and learn.

I was surprised LSU didn't at least try to run Edwards-Hellaire more early on, they pretty much went pass happy from the jump.

I truly believe that was by design. With Clemson wanting to bring constant pressure, they're willing to put their DBs on an island. For the most part (an especially in the ACC :)) they get to someone or force hurries before they're exposed. But against Burrow, he carved them up when he had time. Further having me scratch my head as to why LSU went to bunch sets bringing all 22 players inside the hashmarks. It was really the only time Clemson got pressure on him.... when the numbers game in the box favored Clemson.

Nice calls on the QB runs up the middle
I totally agree. On TD #2 after Chase got tackled at the 2, LSU went bunch for the 1st 2 plays and thus faced 3rd and goal from the 5. They went spread and Burrow walked in untouched. Later he killed them multiple times when Simmons was forced to drop and help in coverage from wide sets.

LSU's offensive formations were Clemson's best defense IMO..... and also its worse nightmare. :D

82628386_2387675651545727_1909382077132832768_o.jpg