Loveland/Milford

FormerRef

Does anyone know if Loveland and Milford are really playing twice? If so, why? Every schedule resource I have looked at says so. I assume neither could find a week three opponent out of conference.

It is allowed per the rules, but rare. For some reason there are more cases of doubling up (talking OHSAA teams only) with an opponent this year than the previous 20 years combined.

Loveland / Milford
Chalker / Pymatuning Valley
Newbury / Pymatuning Valley
Newbury / Ashtabula St John
Portsmouth Sciotoville / Symmes Valley

It is allowed per the rules, but rare. For some reason there are more cases of doubling up (talking OHSAA teams only) with an opponent this year than the previous 20 years combined.

Loveland / Milford
Chalker / Pymatuning Valley
Newbury / Pymatuning Valley
Newbury / Ashtabula St John
Portsmouth Sciotoville / Symmes Valley
Asking in the hypothetical: can a school who doubles up an opponent three times be eligible for OHSAA playoffs?

And, if a team doubles up an opponent just once, and assuming their remaining eight opponents play 10-game schedules, does said team have an L2 of 89?

Maybe I do not understand your post, but nothing special happens when playing a team twice. Points calculate the same.

Unless Joe Eitel is wrong, they did not play twice last year or any year since 2010. I know it is not a big deal just odd I thought.

I thought the Skyline Crosstown Showdown had teams cancel out so Milford and Loveland will play each this year. Odd they play again in 2 weeks.

I coached at a school where we played a league foe twice due to inability to schedule other games.

Computer points address it like it's 2 entirely different games against different teams.

If the season ends and say they're both 6-4:
Milford wins both: milford gets 12 1st level points for beating a division 2 team 2 times....plus the 2nd level points twice.
Loveland wins both: loveland gets 13 1st level points for beating d 1 team 2 times...plus 2nd level poiints twice
If they split....milford gets 6 first level plus 2nd level. Loveland gets 6.5 first level plus 2nd level.

Not sure i recall seeing this in Cincy in a long time...but it happens around the state

I understand the calculations with the Harbins, but I appreciate you putting them on here. My point was playing each other twice could knock one of the teams out of a potential playoff spot if they could have played someone else. This could really hurt Milford playing a woeful Loveland team twice.... Not getting very many points from them, especially when you play mostly D2 teams and you are D1.

I also find it hard to believe that these two schools were having that great of difficulty finding opponents to play. Milford is a great matchup for tons of teams.... Why not play Winton Woods or a GCL, they are always complaining about never finding anyone to play. I'm sure lots of teams would love to beat up on Loveland to help boost confidence for your program.

Sounds like two ADs who need to be fired. No excuse for these two teams to play each other twice, period. These two schools also definitely have the funding to travel to play. Someone was just too lazy to schedule someone else.

I understand the calculations with the Harbins, but I appreciate you putting them on here. My point was playing each other twice could knock one of the teams out of a potential playoff spot if they could have played someone else. This could really hurt Milford playing a woeful Loveland team twice.... Not getting very many points from them, especially when you play mostly D2 teams and you are D1.

I also find it hard to believe that these two schools were having that great of difficulty finding opponents to play. Milford is a great matchup for tons of teams.... Why not play Winton Woods or a GCL, they are always complaining about never finding anyone to play. I'm sure lots of teams would love to beat up on Loveland to help boost confidence for your program.

Sounds like two ADs who need to be fired. No excuse for these two teams to play each other twice, period. These two schools also definitely have the funding to travel to play. Someone was just too lazy to schedule someone else.
Couldn't agree more. Maybe both schools had their week 3 opponents drop them last minute, but I highly doubt that's the case here.

It wont be an issue next season, now will it.
181ec249c138159bbdada3ca6100f58a.jpg

Does anyone know if Loveland and Milford are really playing twice? If so, why? Every schedule resource I have looked at says so. I assume neither could find a week three opponent out of conference.
I think this is really sad. Elder is bringing in a team from Florida, and both these teams were afraid to driver around 275.

Well when you play the same team twice and Elder had an open date, that is what makes them affraid. Elder probably would have turned it into a home and home.
Loveland and Milford cant do a home and home with Elder. Winton Woods, Lebanon and Little Miami is entering their conference next season and that will leave only one or two non league games to schedule. So there is absolutely no room for Elder next season. I dont know if Elder contacted either school but I know for a fact that where a potential game is played can kill a potential matchup. And lets face it the experience of playing at the Pit isnt special anymore. Would Elder insist on playing a single game at home? Heck its doubtful that the Winton Woods/Elder series can continue because it would have to be played in the first two weeks.

Now my opinion is Winton Woods should had been playing one either Milford or Loveland in week 5 instead of St. Eds but this is a once in a lifetime chance for Winton Woods to play St. Eds and WW just couldnt pass on it. The Warriors will get with Milford (we are scrimmaging) and Loveland soon enough. But as a future conference member Winton Woods should had extended the courtesy of scheduling one of the two in week 5 instead of Eds.

In 2011 Elder did a one game contract with Lakota West, at West. Elder would have traveled. I give Winton Woods credit for playing Elder the last 8 to 10 years. I understand why they are going to a conference, but it is still weak of Loveland/Milford to not try a one game contrac.e

In 2011 Elder did a one game contract with Lakota West, at West. Elder would have traveled. I give Winton Woods credit for playing Elder the last 8 to 10 years. I understand why they are going to a conference, but it is still weak of Loveland/Milford to not try a one game contrac.e
You just cant be sure that it wasnt tried and did Elder try? My question is why Elder didnt continue the series with Cleveland St. Ignatius? And Elder might have some serious issues scheduling next season, especially if the GMC keeps BSing. Some of the out of conference games scheduled by the GMC is an absolute joke. Examples; Middletown vs Western Hills, Princeton vs Withrow. Princeton should be playing Moeller or Elder in week two.

Winton Woods or GCL. Milford could probably compete but Loveland. Winton Woods has beat the ECC best by almost 40. Loveland is just as bad as bad, thats easily a 60 point blowout.

I agree that it's kind of weak that Milford and Loveland are playing twice if there are other opponents in the region with openings.

But Loveland has nothing to gain and everything to lose playing Elder-even at home. It would be the Panther JV playing by halftime with hopes that the Tigers just got out injury free. Milford would be a little more formidable but it would also be a comfortable win for the men in purple.

But heck, Loveland agreed to an extra non-conference game against a school that dropped a 71 spot on them last year so why not?

As others have said, it may have very well been discussed between the schools and couldn't be worked out.

With the ECC moving up to 8 conference games next year there will be an impact on the GCL teams, most notably Winton Woods no longer having as much of a schedule to flesh out. Could end up that Colerain and maybe Winton Woods depending on other schedule commitments are the only Cincinnati area teams playing the GCL-South in the regular season.

I also agree that the GMC has some poor non-conference games. My best guess is the coaches/ADs have realistic expectations for their teams and figure if they can try to go 2-0 to start the year they may be able to make the playoffs with a 5-3 or 4-4 conference record.

I agree that it's kind of weak that Milford and Loveland are playing twice if there are other opponents in the region with openings.

But Loveland has nothing to gain and everything to lose playing Elder-even at home. It would be the Panther JV playing by halftime with hopes that the Tigers just got out injury free. Milford would be a little more formidable but it would also be a comfortable win for the men in purple.

But heck, Loveland agreed to an extra non-conference game against a school that dropped a 71 spot on them last year so why not?

As others have said, it may have very well been discussed between the schools and couldn't be worked out.

With the ECC moving up to 8 conference games next year there will be an impact on the GCL teams, most notably Winton Woods no longer having as much of a schedule to flesh out. Could end up that Colerain and maybe Winton Woods depending on other schedule commitments are the only Cincinnati area teams playing the GCL-South in the regular season.

I also agree that the GMC has some poor non-conference games. My best guess is the coaches/ADs have realistic expectations for their teams and figure if they can try to go 2-0 to start the year they may be able to make the playoffs with a 5-3 or 4-4 conference record.
Good post. And if it is an 8 game non conference schedule for the ecc next season those two non conference games will be week 1 and week 2. I believe and hope that Winton Woods keeps Trotwood Madison in week 1 because they are heading towards where the Warriors have been. Week 2 is going to be a GCL school that can accomdate a week 2 matchup. I would like to see Colerain and Winton Woods play in week two but it would be devastating to the GCL if it happened. The GMC really needs to step up and schedule the GCL in weeks 1 and 2. It would make everything smoother in the Cincinnati area. Princeton should not be playing Withrow and Middletown should not be playing Western Hills and Oak Hills should not be playing Simon Kenton.

Good post. And if it is an 8 game non conference schedule for the ecc next season those two non conference games will be week 1 and week 2. I believe and hope that Winton Woods keeps Trotwood Madison in week 1 because they are heading towards where the Warriors have been. Week 2 is going to be a GCL school that can accomdate a week 2 matchup. I would like to see Colerain and Winton Woods play in week two but it would be devastating to the GCL if it happened. The GMC really needs to step up and schedule the GCL in weeks 1 and 2. It would make everything smoother in the Cincinnati area. Princeton should not be playing Withrow and Middletown should not be playing Western Hills and Oak Hills should not be playing Simon Kenton.
Princeton should definitely not be playing Withrow, but their staff and all the blow-hards over there need to pump themselves up about how good they are at the beginning of every season when they destroy terrible opponents. Middletown and West High actually seems like a decent match up. Oak Hills and Simon Kenton is really good match up..... I have seen SK play a handful of games over the past few years, they are a great fit for Oak Hills. They are 6A in KY and typically do very well.... winning at least 8 games per year. If Oak Hills wins that game, it's a great win for them. Simon Kenton last had fewer than 8 regular season wins in 2012. That's a well scheduled game and a winnable game for Oak Hills.

Princeton should definitely not be playing Withrow, but their staff and all the blow-hards over there need to pump themselves up about how good they are at the beginning of every season when they destroy terrible opponents. Middletown and West High actually seems like a decent match up. Oak Hills and Simon Kenton is really good match up..... I have seen SK play a handful of games over the past few years, they are a great fit for Oak Hills. They are 6A in KY and typically do very well.... winning at least 8 games per year. If Oak Hills wins that game, it's a great win for them. Simon Kenton last had fewer than 8 regular season wins in 2012. That's a well scheduled game and a winnable game for Oak Hills.
I wasnt suggesting that Simon Kenton is bad opponent. Oak Hills has opponents right here in the Cincy. Oak Hills should be playing Elder week two. Princeton should be playing Moeller instead of Withrow.