Loveland 1 Milford 0

ELKSONE

#EPND
Milford had two early scoring opportunities during the 1st 15 minutes, however they just couldn't find the net.

The Loveland Keeper had an amazing save late in the second half. A Milford player blasted the ball from 25 yards out and the keeper made a leaping dive, catching the ball in midair before crashing to the ground.

Milford lost #15 with about 18 minutes left in the match due to a collision with a Loveland player resulting in what appears to be an ankle injury.

Loveland scored with about 28 minutes left in the match from a throw in. See the video clip.

Sometimes arrogance gets in the way. Hopefully Milford can put the absurd regular season net cuttings, and regular season field storming's behind them and focus on the game. Their path to the district finals is pretty damn easy, so let's hope they can keep their energy on soccer rather than these superfluous celebrations and keep the D1 State title in SW Ohio, they have the talent to do it.

Sounds like a hard fought match to me that could have gone either way or ended in a tie. I'm not sure I'd blame "arrogance" based on some over-excitement along the way. Even the best discipline and composure from Milford may not have changed the outcome. In-conference rivalries can be the toughest on the schedule regardless of each team's record coming into the contest.

Loveland went toe-to-toe with them, got a few lucky bounces, and came away with the victory. Milford's best player was not herself, having suffered an injury in pre-game warmups. Regardless, the win should give Loveland some well-deserved confidence heading into the post-season. And may end up being a blessing in disguise for Milford. A helping of humble pie right before the tournament could be just what the doctor ordered to set them up for a deep run.

Sometimes arrogance gets in the way. Hopefully Milford can put the absurd regular season net cuttings, and regular season field storming's behind them and focus on the game. Their path to the district finals is pretty damn easy, so let's hope they can keep their energy on soccer rather than these superfluous celebrations and keep the D1 State title in SW Ohio, they have the talent to do it.
So winning your league outright and celebrating is arrogance..wow, speaking of arrogance.

Last edited: