Louisville @ North Canton Hoover (9/2/2016) Thoughts & Predictions

Levi

Hoover despite their struggles this decade are 3-3 vs Louisville.

Both teams had four point road wins last night.

Hoover forced SIX turnovers (vs only 1 turnover committed) which is great but they barely won against a 1-9 team and allowed 250+ yds rushing. Their passing game was pretty efficient completing a high percentage of passes.

CalPreps has Louisville 38-17 but you know how inaccurate they are early in the season (they did have Hoover by 9 on a neutral field vs Brush).

Last edited:

That 257 rushing yds allowed stat is not a good sign. They also only managed 95 yds rushing on 42 attempts. Hoover may have the same basic problem they had last year -- an inability to run the ball or defend the run. Looks like Louisville does most of their damage through the air, so that at least throws things into question a bit. Forcing six turnovers is also impressive.

Hoover is 3-3 against Louisville and 3-3 against Jackson in the 2010s. They have always played their rivalry games with a heightened intensity. I don't think the game will be 38-17 Louisville. Right now I'd say Louisville by 7 but you can't tell everything about a team by week 1 -- I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoover win.

The rushing numbers both ways are scary IMHO. It is week 1 and things can change and teams improve.

The rushing numbers both ways are scary IMHO. It is week 1 and things can change and teams improve.

Coach Demarco always says the biggest improvement is from week 1 to week 2. So I am sure both teams will be much better than they were last night.

I always look forward to this game, I liked it because it is always a good clean game and most of the time a really good game.

It is so hard to tell week 1 how good a young team or team with little experience will be.

That was the best Canfield team we've seen over the last 5 years. They were flying around on defense and the DBs were hitting a lot harder than they have against us in the past. We turned it over twice and didn't force any turnovers of our own. We did drop what would have been an easy pick 6 in the 1st half that might have changed the complexion of the game. We also had trouble running the ball, I'm not sure how much of that was a good Canfield defense and how much of that was the 4 new offensive linemen and new RB. I think there's a chance we see them again if we make the playoffs. As for next week Keller could hurt us with his legs the way the Canfield QB did last night. We also need to sort out our secondary because we gave up some big pass plays and narrowly avoided some others that were overthrown.

Not a fan of either team, but Hoover really isn't a football power anymore they have become a school that is more steered towards excelling in the off sports or Olympic sports. I doubt Hoover wins three games this year, they wont stay within 14 points of Louisville. It will take 4 to 5 years before Hoover is once again a threat in the Fed.

Not a fan of either team, but Hoover really isn't a football power anymore they have become a school that is more steered towards excelling in the off sports or Olympic sports. I doubt Hoover wins three games this year, they wont stay within 14 points of Louisville. It will take 4 to 5 years before Hoover is once again a threat in the Fed.

:laugh:

Is the 9 oclock different from the 7 oclock show?

Great input.

Hoover despite their struggles this decade are 3-3 vs Louisville.

Both teams had four point road wins last night.

Hoover forced SIX turnovers (vs only 1 turnover committed) which is great but they barely won against a 1-9 team and allowed 250+ yds rushing. Their passing game was pretty efficient completing a high percentage of passes.

CalPreps has Louisville 38-17 but you know how inaccurate they are early in the season (they did have Hoover by 9 on a neutral field vs Brush).

80 came on one play. The Hoover D has some things to clean up but didnt play that badly overall. 2 of Brushes scores were the 80 yard run and a 4th and 25 miracle.

Special teams were also solid.

Bodaiz, I think you're wrong about Hoover not being a power for another 6 or 7 years. The Frosh team beat Brush 56 to 6. Hoover's QB ran for close to 250 yards and 4 TDs. He runs that triple option thing like a pro, half the time you don't know who has the ball and he's running 60yards for a TD. I don't see anyone stopping him. Defensivly I think Brush only had maybe 20 yards of offense. Baum must plan on going to the option next year. Plus Hoover's 8th grade class is loaded with talent. Both Frosh and 8th grade could go undefeated. only a year or 2 before Hoover is back on top! One of my wife's co workers said Louisville has some pretty good young talent as well.
That being said Louisville is always a hard game, both team come to play. Two quality communities. Friday night should be fun. Good Luck to both teams. Should be a big crowd. Stay Safe

Wish I had posted in time to open the thread, hope everyone who sees enjoys. I'll try to have a preview up by mid-week. Plan to cover all three games Freshman, Varsity, and JV. Stay tuned!

ALL-TIME SERIES

Louisville Leopards Vs. North Canton Hoover Vikings All-Time Football Series

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS - GAME ARCHIVE

VARSITY

1964 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1971 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1992 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1993 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1994 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

1995 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

1999 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights

2004 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

2011 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2012 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2013 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Pictures

2014 Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings Football Video Highlights

2015 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

JV

2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Highlights & Pictures

2014 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights

Freshman

1961 Louisville Leopards Vs. North Canton Hoover Vikings Freshman Football Video Highlights

2012 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights

2014 North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights

I miss this game...Throw out the records.This is a game between two communities.It's a great game!

I used to root for North Canton to win when going to this game.I'm still rooting for Hoover down here in Florida.:)

North Canton 27

Louisville 21

Bodaiz, I think you're wrong about Hoover not being a power for another 6 or 7 years. The Frosh team beat Brush 56 to 6. Hoover's QB ran for close to 250 yards and 4 TDs. He runs that triple option thing like a pro, half the time you don't know who has the ball and he's running 60yards for a TD. I don't see anyone stopping him. Defensivly I think Brush only had maybe 20 yards of offense. Baum must plan on going to the option next year. Plus Hoover's 8th grade class is loaded with talent. Both Frosh and 8th grade could go undefeated. only a year or 2 before Hoover is back on top! One of my wife's co workers said Louisville has some pretty good young talent as well.
That being said Louisville is always a hard game, both team come to play. Two quality communities. Friday night should be fun. Good Luck to both teams. Should be a big crowd. Stay Safe

Routing Brush should be expected, we're talking about a bad D2 program that has won 4 games in the past two seasons, so I would take the Frosh score with a grain of salt. I don't put much stock into 8th grade scores, too many variables change between now and when they reach high school. I don't see where going to the option benefits Hoover, they rarely have the speed to truly make the option work, going to the option is usually a desperation move because you lack size and quality athletes. The people that I have spoken to that are highly tuned to Hoover sports, plainly state that they don't feel they will be a Fed contender for the next 3 or 4 years with what's in the pipeline. With that said, maybe they will progress this season and get ahead of that timeline, in dealing with kids this age, it's tough to put a firm timeline into place. Louisville has better players this season, I can't see Hoover stopping them on defense, but with a rivalry game anything is possible, but I will stand by my projection of Louisville by two scores.

Hoover always plays us tough so I got this one as a toss up.
Hoping the leopards can get some sort of running game going, if not we should just go 5 wide and let Hahn do his thing back there for our rushing yards. WR's looked pretty good, had a couple of drops but over all the young guys stepped in and the passing game looked good for week one. Run defense looked real good for week one, would really like to see 51 and 88 in there at the same time b/c both have a better pass rush than any other combo I saw last week, but both are under class men so we'll see what the coaches thought. Pass defense just needs to stay disciplined when the qb scrambles....half the pass yards we gave up were on late throws after we flushed the qb out of the pocket. Solving that will come with experience. Hoping to steal one on Hoovers field and build some confidence for the young guys.

How did the new linebacker look for Hoover? Wondering if he was as big of a factor at a bigger school?

Routing Brush should be expected, we're talking about a bad D2 program that has won 4 games in the past two seasons, so I would take the Frosh score with a grain of salt. I don't put much stock into 8th grade scores, too many variables change between now and when they reach high school. I don't see where going to the option benefits Hoover, they rarely have the speed to truly make the option work, going to the option is usually a desperation move because you lack size and quality athletes. The people that I have spoken to that are highly tuned to Hoover sports, plainly state that they don't feel they will be a Fed contender for the next 3 or 4 years with what's in the pipeline. With that said, maybe they will progress this season and get ahead of that timeline, in dealing with kids this age, it's tough to put a firm timeline into place. Louisville has better players this season, I can't see Hoover stopping them on defense, but with a rivalry game anything is possible, but I will stand by my projection of Louisville by two scores.

3 or 4 years? No reason to not be a contender this year.

Hoover is the underdog again this year but feel there is more reason for hope this year. Hoover needs to establish a running game of some kind enough to keep Louisville's D honest. I did expect a bigger win against Brush however it was a road game and an hour away and they got it done after a 2-8 season a year ago.

Hoover finds a way to get it done:

Hoover 27 Louisville 24 (maybe in OT)

I'll take the Ville in this one 24-14. BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if Hoover pulled it off. Always a great rivalry game to watch.

probably closer to reality..:shrug:

:help: I hope I am right just going on a hunch, a hope, a feeling like 2 years ago:

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269131
As far as this game Hoover needs to establish a running game. Really though they need good line play on both sides of the ball. Louisville is always ready to play in this game. My head says Louisville 24-19 my heart says Hoover 17 Louisville 14.

Again just like that game my head says Louisville, but my heart is saying Hoover pulls it out at home. The narrative is the same as 2 years ago funny but true establish a running game or at least some semblance of one.

I am sticking with Hoover 27 Louisville 24 and have a hunch we could see OT. Hopefully Friday night we will see something like this again:

I thought of your prediction as the field goal went through. Yappi never lies right? Best of Luck to Hoover, hopefully we can get you a ton of points.

:help: I hope I am right just going on a hunch, a hope, a feeling like 2 years ago:

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269131

Again just like that game my head says Louisville, but my heart is saying Hoover pulls it out at home. The narrative is the same as 2 years ago funny but true establish a running game or at least some semblance of one.

I am sticking with Hoover 27 Louisville 24 and have a hunch we could see OT. Hopefully Friday night we will see something like this again:

Your head needs to call somebody. :thumb: Louisville hasnt proven anything yet. No reason to think itll be a miracle if Hoover wins.