Louisville Leopards Football 2020 Season

LeopardNation

I think its time to open up this thread! Looks like a lot of positive things happening under the new regime!

Coach Davis, Staff, and the TD Club Held a "Freshman Commitment Night". You can see some video on that on the Herald's Facebook Page:
Also it looks like we are getting a new scoreboard, 100% privately funded. Project was spearheaded by Dr. Thomas, here is the full press release: https://louisvilleleopards.org/louisville-leopards-stadium-new-scoreboard/

Here's to hoping their is a school year and a football season! Go Leopards!

A little off but ever happen to Coach Paul Farrah ?

I really thought he was a great coach and did a lot of great things. Is he coaching or teaching now days ?

I think its time to open up this thread! Looks like a lot of positive things happening under the new regime!
Also it looks like we are getting a new scoreboard, 100% privately funded. Project was spearheaded by Dr. Thomas, here is the full press release: https://louisvilleleopards.org/louisville-leopards-stadium-new-scoreboard/

Here's to hoping their is a school year and a football season! Go Leopards!

Fundraising for a scoreboard when Ohio unemployment is over 16%? I bet those were fun phone calls to make.

Fundraising for a scoreboard when Ohio unemployment is over 16%? I bet those were fun phone calls to make.
The local company that usually gives the most money for these school fundraiser has also been looking for a lot of potential new hires to join their team. So, if you know anyone looking for a job.

Just curious, why did Louisville back out of the home and home contract that was set to start this season with Steubenville??

I know the game got scheduled because of Twiddy and Reno, but why didn’t the new coach want it?

Just curious, why did Louisville back out of the home and home contract that was set to start this season with Steubenville??

I know the game got scheduled because of Twiddy and Reno, but why didn’t the new coach want it?

simple, Louisville felt they couldn’t win the matchup

Obviously the coaching staff and other personnel attending the "freshman event" on the video have NO concept of social distancing or the recommended use of masks. I hope they do better with our young players to keep them safe....

simple, Louisville felt they couldn’t win the matchup
Really? After the schedules that Louisville brought to the table the last few years you think they would back down to Big Red? If Big Red had Louisville's remaining schedule after week 2, they would be looking for some out of state cream puffs to play instead. Big Red had week 10 open and had the opportunity to schedule Warren Harding and wouldn't .

Really? After the schedules that Louisville brought to the table the last few years you think they would back down to Big Red? If Big Red had Louisville's remaining schedule after week 2, they would be looking for some out of state cream puffs to play instead. Big Red had week 10 open and had the opportunity to schedule Warren Harding and wouldn't .
Then why did they back out seriously? We have a tough schedule as it is I get that, but the buzz and hype around the game disappoints me we are not playing them

Then why did they back out seriously? We have a tough schedule as it is I get that, but the buzz and hype around the game disappoints me we are not playing them
I believe this was mutual for both schools at this time, but I see this game on the schedule in the future. With 5 Fed schools on the schedule, alliance, CCC and the other games already scheduled this might not have been the year to start a series. But, give me a football only conference with Dover, NP, Stubenville, Canfield, Louisville, Warren, Fitch and Boardman.

Your right.... because Dover, New Philly, DeSales, and Mooney are all cream puffs. Come on now

Your right.... because Dover, New Philly, DeSales, and Mooney are all cream puffs. Come on now
New philly will be this year, to me it seems louisville and possibly BR as well wanted an easier opponent week 1, neither would be scared to play one another but with tough schedules they both may have seemed it was the right way to move forward

New philly will be this year, to me it seems louisville and possibly BR as well wanted an easier opponent week 1, neither would be scared to play one another but with tough schedules they both may have seemed it was the right way to move forward

The game was scheduled for Week 2 with BR traveling to Louisville.

Oh well, it would of been a start of a nice series. Maybe they’ll meet up in the playoffs

And the remaining schedule??? I believe the 2 schools will be playing soon but Louisville has Barberton D-2 in week 1 and Copley in week 3, then 5 straight Fed schools, then an Alliance team that returns a lot and finishes with CCC. If BR would have scheduled Warren in week 10, then I would say strength of schedule would be close.

Why does anyone schedule them? If you do and lose it helps nothing, if you do and win a couple they never sign another contract with you again and replace you with a Junior High team from Saskatchewan.

Does South leaving the EBC help set anything in motion for a league with Alliance , Marlington , Louisville and fill in any appropriate names in the future? Asking for a friend.

It sure looks like Week 3 (September 11) is now in jeopardy:

1596572486511.png

Reschedule for later date (swap)? Does it count as a forfeit or just no game? Lots of interesting questions to be asked that's for sure.

I know news is pretty scarce, but does anyone have info on the staff and the number of kids who have turned out?

15 Seniors, 17 Juniors, 24 Sophomores = 56 Total Players

Initial look at the 2020 Louisville Leopards Varsity Football Numerical Roster:

https://louisvilleleopards.org/football/varsity/roster/

36 Freshman...I'll have that initial roster up soon separately...

Also updated the schedule to the best of my knowledge based on the announcements from the Federal League today + 6 Week Season announcement + Summit County School's COVID-19 announcements.

Only for sure confirmed games:
9/4 At GlenOak
9/17 At North Canton Hoover

What a mess...worth it all if these kids get to play though!!!