Louisville Leopards Football 2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn’t even scratch the surface of what’s going on in Louisville. The Levy was shot down handily, people haven’t forgot about strike just a few years ago. The HS principle cant retire soon enough. We have a few parents running the show on getting coaches fired because their kid isn’t playing enough or not good enough to make the team. Maybe we can get some input from Lynus, Hit Me, and coach xyz on the where abouts of twiddy today for the WHBC selection
I would love to hear from the 3 stooges also!!!

Reactions: ETD
I am starting to go back to my initial feeling. You should have never fired Demarco. He wasn't perfect but if he ever did half the crap Jeff pulled, Yappi would have crucified him. Grass is alway greener. Now it appears maybe no coach, no league, not even an official schedule for next year. I was pulling for Jeff but was starting to worry when he wouldn't show up for booster table, went 5-5 (and was missed field goals from being 4-6) with an outstanding senior class. Schedule may have been tough, but they should have been 6-4 and 7-3 if they pull out an upset. Not one win over a team that finished over 500. Sorry to say, but you guys are a mess. After today's failure to represent his kids, he shouldn't ever show his face in your town again. I feel bad for the kids in your district.

What do you mean not even an official schedule for next year?

You folks are having a good conversation, and I hope it continues. I'll add my outsider's point of view. I was at the week 10 game in support of Canton CC. My only thought after watching Louisville in that game was: "They got rid of DeMarco for this?" I couldn't figure out why they couldn't just line up and play straight football. Everything on offense had to be a trick play. Watching it got old fast, and I only had to watch it for 1 game. I saw last year's week 10 game as well. With what Louisville had coming back from last year, I expected more.

Last edited:
I think #18 will be fine as the season progresses. Twiddy's strength is developing QB's and I expect he'll have Jones in the discussion for county POY when it's all said and done. Jones has an opportunity to shine this season like no other. I believe that.
Can’t have a POY, let alone anyone on the first, second, or honorable mention list without a representative from the coaching staff to select anyone.

If you think running a hook and ladder play in a scrimmage is unconventional, embrace yourselves for what you'll see during the season...There are plenty of tricks and ploys in his playbook, trust me.

You folks are having a good conversation, and I hope it continues. I'll add my outsider's point of view. I was at the week 10 game in support of Canton CC. My only thought after watching Louisville in that game was: "They got rid of DeMarco for this?" I couldn't figure out why they couldn't just line up and play straight football. Everything offensive play had to be a trick play. Watching it got old fast, and I only had to watch it for 1 game. I saw last year's week 10 game as well. With what Louisville had coming back from last year, I expected more.
Gotta love when those trick plays carried you to a 5-5 season.

I would love to hear from the 3 stooges also!!!

How about you tell us? I have no idea what is going on since I'm out of town right now. If he didn't make the meeting today then it's either a clear indication he resigned or Louisville administration dropped the ball not appointing someone to take his place. I'm disappointed in hearing these accusations if indeed they are true. Perhaps you should elaborate since you disclaimed earlier he did not resign.

This doesn’t even scratch the surface of what’s going on in Louisville. The Levy was shot down handily, people haven’t forgot about strike just a few years ago. The HS principle cant retire soon enough. We have a few parents running the show on getting coaches fired because their kid isn’t playing enough or not good enough to make the team. Maybe we can get some input from Lynus, Hit Me, and coach xyz on the where abouts of twiddy today for the WHBC selection

I have no idea why he was a no show. If true, I've lost all respect for him, for lack of character, specifically letting the Seniors down.

It will be interesting to see if he has a good reason for skipping, hopefully nothing tragic happened. I am not sure why someone who coached those kids for the last 9 or so months would do that to them. Maybe he will work something out to still get those kids some type of honors. Not a good look for a first year head coach. Hopefully his excuse isnt that he didnt know about it.

what is truly sad is how gullible posters are on here allowing just a couple to put some rumors out there and everyone starting biting.

no resignation has been tendered
coach showed up at the county voting and submitted votes - did not stay for the luncheon afterwards which is a new addition to the voting.

I know this info doesn't go along with the smear campaign that seems to be happening. The parents and kids I have spoken with are all saying positives. I guess in these days its the "in" thing to be outraged by sound bites and rumors.

BACisBack isn't someone to post heresay. Interested in hearing his response since his post opened up the discussion stating Twiddy was a no-show.

well are we going to pick and choose which rumors to believe? Starting with resignation rumors.

it appears to me there are those trying to stir the pot. Ok thats a fun game, never thought Leps fans would play that game but here we are.
How bout this, believe what you want. Maybe some of these posters were there? maybe they are coaches from other schools? maybe they are former coaches from lville?

simply put the info I am getting isn't consistent with those trying to discredit. good luck all

Last edited:
well are we going to pick and choose which rumors to believe? Starting with resignation rumors.

it appears to me there are those trying to stir the pot. Ok thats a fun game, never thought Leps fans would play that game but here we are.
How bout this, believe what you want. Maybe some of these posters were there? maybe they are coaches from other schools? maybe they are former coaches from lville?

simply put the info I am getting isn't consistent with those trying to discredit. good luck all
Fake news

So I reached out to another coach that was there, that is two different coaches that we are the meeting for WHBC and both confirmed Jeff and none of the other Leps coaches were no shows. Not trying to stir the pot at all just repeating what i was told from people at the meeting. As far as the rumors of him resigning, I am not sure if he resigned or he was told he was going to be non-renewed, but at this point it is safe to say his career in Louisville has come to an end. My guess is he will probably be a no show at the team banquet as well. Even if you do not believe it, you have to realize that if you are a no show at the all county meeting, parents are going to be upset and when parents get upset people get fired.

Now my guess is Joe Palmisano will work with the others to figure out a way to give these players some honors. Joe is a pretty good dude and I cant see him punishing the players because of the coach. That is just speculation on my part, the only speculation i have made on this forum.

who are these coaches making these claims? let those that want to accuse, point a finger, come at someone else stand by their words.

where is this information coming from

This information is coming from other head coaches who were at the county meeting. Do you know any head coaches you can ask for yourself? I could tell you the coaches I talked to and that wouldnt do any good. Find out for yourself.
I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am just stating a fact, not point the finger at anyone. I am just telling everyone Jeff Twiddy was a no show at the all county meeting. That is fact, he wasnt there, i am not accusing him of not being there, because the fact is he wasnt there.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid or something?

I asked around as well....he was definitely a no show. He’s been a jerk to the media, he was a jerk at St. halambos for the stark county coaching preview, what’s this guys issue? I understand these are things most coaches don’t wanna do but not showing up to vote for your kids is absurd.

The question I am interested in...how did Louisville hire this guy and who actually made this decision....the board or the school admin?

I hope this is all vicious rumors and there is a good explanation. In the current state, is Louisville really an attractive job? No league, inconsistent schedule and a fan base the is extremely difficult to please. Or maybe they have someone in mind that can take them to the next level? It's going to be interesting to watch this unfold.

I asked around as well....he was definitely a no show. He’s been a jerk to the media, he was a jerk at St. halambos for the stark county coaching preview, what’s this guys issue? I understand these are things most coaches don’t wanna do but not showing up to vote for your kids is absurd.
I heard he was in and out at St. halambos as well. I know TD Club meetings he didnt say much. I just hope maybe some other coaches nominated some Leopards and they still get something.

Now my guess is Joe Palmisano will work with the others to figure out a way to give these players some honors. Joe is a pretty good dude and I cant see him punishing the players because of the coach. That is just speculation on my part, the only speculation i have made on this forum.

Joe has very little to do with the high school coverage this year. He filled in for 1 game I believe. He decided to step away from the booth this year.

what is truly sad is how gullible posters are on here allowing just a couple to put some rumors out there and everyone starting biting.

no resignation has been tendered
coach showed up at the county voting and submitted votes - did not stay for the luncheon afterwards which is a new addition to the voting.

I know this info doesn't go along with the smear campaign that seems to be happening. The parents and kids I have spoken with are all saying positives. I guess in these days its the "in" thing to be outraged by sound bites and rumors.
Wrong he was NOT there

When are the results of the County voting available? If Twiddy was there and did his job, Jason Goard will be get his honors as one one of the best in stark county this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.