Louisville Leopards Football 2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeopardNation

I know there has been a Louisville Football 2019 Thread Open Since February for Mostly Offseason Talk, but I figured it was time to start a new thread as the offseason is over and the new season begins one week from today!

I will keep this first post organized with game results, links to game threads, links to video highlights, etc.

Feel free to share your thoughts below and Go Leopards!!

Yappi Game Threads
Week 1: Canfield at Louisville
Week 2: Hoover at Louisville
Week 3: Louisville at Green
Week 4: Louisville at Lake
Week 5: Perry at Louisville

Varsity Schedule
Week 1: Canfield 24, Louisville 21 - Video, Stats, & Game Recap
Week 2: Louisville 43, North Canton Hoover 36 - Video, Stats, & Game Recap
Week 3: Louisville 49, Green 34 - Video, Stats, & Game Recap
Week 4: Lake 37, Louisville 27 - Video, Stats, & Game Recap
Week 5: Perry Panthers at Louisville Leopards (9/27)
Week 6: Howland Tigers at Louisville Leopards (10/4)
Week 7: Louisville Leopards at Cardinal Mooney Cardinals (10/11)
Week 8: Louisville Leopards at Point Pleasant (WV) Big Blacks (10/18)
Week 9: Louisville Leopards at Massillon Tigers (10/25)
Week 10: Central Catholic Crusaders at Louisville Leopards (11/1)

Scrimmage Recaps
1) 8/9 - Youngstown Ursuline Fighting Irish at Louisville Leopards
2) 8/16 - Louisville Leopards at Wooster Generals
3) 8/23 - Louisville Leopards at Orrville Red Riders

BREAKING:

Louisville Leopards Head Football Coach Jeff Twiddy has resigned after just one season. Read the official press release from Louisville City Schools here:

Last edited:

I’ll be as vanilla as the scrimmage last night.
Cautiously Optimistic
Twiddy is keeping this stuff close to the vest this year.
I kinda like it. Nobody knows what to expect Friday.
O-line still needs to do better, especially run blocking. Jones doesn’t look quite as comfortable as I would like, but it’s a new system and will take some time. Defense was pretty good. That RB is as slippery as we will see all season and we kept him in check.
Tackling not the greatest, but like I said that kid is good.
Penalties didn’t help, but that’s correctable.

Looking forward to Friday

I'm excited for the season to start ! The year shapes up as very unpredictable as far as a record is concerned, but I'm like Lynus- Cautiously Optimistic may be the best way to describe it.

I’ll be as vanilla as the scrimmage last night.
Cautiously Optimistic
Twiddy is keeping this stuff close to the vest this year.
I kinda like it. Nobody knows what to expect Friday.
O-line still needs to do better, especially run blocking. Jones doesn’t look quite as comfortable as I would like, but it’s a new system and will take some time. Defense was pretty good. That RB is as slippery as we will see all season and we kept him in check.
Tackling not the greatest, but like I said that kid is good.
Penalties didn’t help, but that’s correctable.

Looking forward to Friday

I think #18 will be fine as the season progresses. Twiddy's strength is developing QB's and I expect he'll have Jones in the discussion for county POY when it's all said and done. Jones has an opportunity to shine this season like no other. I believe that.

Any predictions in leps vs cards? I see it pretty lopsided Leopards 35-7. Leps are probably gonna play some old school ball with a TE and FB and just straight up run the ball down Canfields throat. Can’t wait can’t believe it’s almost time to watch the boys play some ball!!!

The trash talker in me says Leps win in statement fashion, but the reality is I don’t think Twiddy is going to throw the playbook at them with Hoover week 2, unless we’re behind late. Defense or special teams score would help out for sure. Leps by 2 scores.

The trash talker in me says Leps win in statement fashion, but the reality is I don’t think Twiddy is going to throw the playbook at them with Hoover week 2, unless we’re behind late. Defense or special teams score would help out for sure. Leps by 2 scores.
Lol you don’t think the guy who ran a hook and ladder in a scrimmage is gonna open his playbook ??????

Lol you don’t think the guy who ran a hook and ladder in a scrimmage is gonna open his playbook ??????
Nope...and I’ll take it a step further. Our last scrimmage against Orrville, every passing situation in the 2 minute part, the only thing Orrville was worrying about was the hook and ladder, which allowed us to get yards. That’s all anybody is going to worry about now.
But I’m sure you know more about Louisville than I do.

I would say this having watched 2 or the 3 scrimmages so far. Nobody knows what the heck to expect from the Leopards this year, which is a change from the last 8 years where everyone knew exactly what to expect. I think Leopard fans will be a bit confused seeing more then 1 running back in the backfield and more then 2 different formations. I am guessing this staff will run more then 6 plays, but that all remains to be seen. Also, don't be shocked if this staff gets the ball to the guys that can make plays more then 5-6 times a game. Finally, from what I saw in my 2 scrimmages was Mr. Twitty will leave his best players on the field at all times, no more 2nd tier players playing just so everyone can feel good about their experience as a Leopard. I remember when guys like Greco, Seaman, Arnold, Hall, Beatty, Aljancic, Kuhn, Burick, McCoy, Hildibrand, Crislip, Biery, Wilson, Swigert(s) Poyser(s) and many others would play every snap and we would win games. I think you may see that coming back again with this group.

Nope...and I’ll take it a step further. Our last scrimmage against Orrville, every passing situation in the 2 minute part, the only thing Orrville was worrying about was the hook and ladder, which allowed us to get yards. That’s all anybody is going to worry about now.
But I’m sure you know more about Louisville than I do.
Old Conway is gonna hitch and pitch everybody to death. They sure must be on top of stuff in the ville if they got time to be working trick plays during two a days while those other coaches are still installing basic stuff like counter and ISO. This man is gonna bring the leps back to the top!!! Can’t wait to watch Conway and the boys on Friday night!!! Almost time for the boys to play some ball!!!

I didn't get a chance to see any of the preseason games, but my neighbor talked my ear off the other night so here what I am hearing. New formations, new game plan that includes a running game, ton of kids going both ways, and he said he was very impressed with how the defense had played in the Orrville scrimmage. Now what all that means who knows, but we will all find out in a couple days.

Old Conway is gonna hitch and pitch everybody to death. They sure must be on top of stuff in the ville if they got time to be working trick plays during two a days while those other coaches are still installing basic stuff like counter and ISO. This man is gonna bring the leps back to the top!!! Can’t wait to watch Conway and the boys on Friday night!!! Almost time for the boys to play some ball!!!
there are some coaches who run their trick plays at least once every practice so if they need it the players are comfortable with it.

If you think running a hook and ladder play in a scrimmage is unconventional, embrace yourselves for what you'll see during the season...There are plenty of tricks and ploys in his playbook, trust me.

Awful lot of weapons out there on the field, and the days of playmakers like Tyler Adams only touching the ball 4-5 times a game are GONE! Defense is fast and has 6-7 guys with superior ball skills. Something like 7-8 picks in the scrimmages with 4-5 going back for scores. A coach turned me on to Twiddy weeks before he was hired and told me this was the guy that could get it done...
Proof will be what that scoreboard says Friday night...this is the game we need to win!

Lot of people looking at this new coach and the scrimmages through rose-colored glasses. Tonight is the real deal, no excuses, must-win for the leps.

I’m still concerned about our ability to run and stop the run. They’ve got some kids that will be a handful in Hofus, Minenok, Sammarone, and Crawford. I know we want to stay balanced but I think our receivers against their secondary is where we will have success.

Go Leps!!! Very excited to see what the new staff has put in to place! I am also realistic about the fact that this is the 1st game with a new offensive and defensive scheme. I'm sure a lot of work has went into it but people need to remember that we can't expect this to be a well oiled machine in week 1. Leps get the win tonight and continue to improve as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.