Louisiana woman who used Gorilla Glue to style hair considers lawsuit

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
A Louisiana woman who’s gone viral as the “Gorilla Glue Girl” with a video on TikTok and Instagram is considering a lawsuit after using Gorilla Glue spray adhesive in place of actual hair spray.

TMZ reported that Tessica Brown has hired an attorney and is discussing possible litigation against Gorilla Glue. She reportedly spent 22 hours in the emergency room at a hospital after she used the company’s heavy-duty Spray Adhesive when she ran out of the hair spray she usually uses, Got2b Glued.

What's worse! A jury will award her $$$ or the company will settle out of court.
(the lawyers will get at least 1/3 + expenses)

Can't fix stupid!

:>---

SALT

getting a little gross in here
She should sue her parents and the school she graduate from if she is that dumb.

I think she took "if" out of the equation. I was thinking this was a reached for and got the wrong spray thing. I mean, who HASN't done that (looks around the room, slinks away).

I think the best thing she could have done is to own it. It's a gold mine. And the best thing Gorila Glue could have done was sign her to a contract and start making the commercials. Again, comedy gold.

Remember the good old days when people who did something really stupid were too embarrassed to draw attention to it? Now these challenged folks think anything that draws attention is good.
Agreed. If I did this, I would be going on a long "vacation" and wouldn't be seen for weeks or months. Definitely wouldn't be broadcasting it to the world.

This snowball might not been her doing though, social media being what it is. She did the dumb, sure, But then simply went to a hospital to get help. I don't watch these things, was she maybe just trying to warn people? Either way, I think owning it has better potential than slinking away. Deferring responsibility, not so much.

I saw her video and felt kinda bad for her. I’m still not sure wtf she was thinking, if she used it by accident or not. However, a lawsuit would make me lose all sympathy.

FWIW, she did not use it by accident. In her video she says she knew what she was doing and figured it would be fine. Agreed with Yappi, she should get an honorary Darwin Award.

Have you seen those hair care products? Actually touched hair subjected to them? Harder than the statue of David. It's not a huge leap of mistaken logic to think glue might do the trick. No Darwin award from me.

I can imagine the new disclaimer on glue products though. :LOL:

I'm feeling a need to defend this lady's honor!!!!

They may call it "L'Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray" or "Matrix Vavoom Freezing Spray" but do you really think anything other than "glue" can be responsible for this?
most-weird-hairstyles.jpg

I'm telling ya, she made an honest assumption!!! A creative one in fact. Could only have been better if she'd reached for a good carpenter's glue., put a nail in that sheez.

None of that will happen.

Liebeck v. McDonald's ~ The coffee case...

Jury awarded just under $3 millon
Judge reduced to amount to $650K +/-
Settled for undisclosed amount prior to appeal.

------

Glue case: Woman claims the warnings on label says nothing about
"DO NOT USE ON HAIR"

EGA

------

"DO NOT USE ON HAIR"

EGA

Different cases, McDonald's had been told numerous times it was serving coffee that was too hot and didn't make the change.

Gorilla Spray Adhesive forms a clear, permanent bond that is moisture resistant.

1613155442052.png

I think all Gorilla Glue needs to do is show a picture of her in court and the case will be thrown out.

------

"DO NOT USE ON HAIR"

EGA
McDonalds was serving coffee at a temperature that they knew would cause 2nd degree burns if it touched human skin. Since the purpose of coffee is to drink it, McDonalds knew that their coffee would cause harm when properly used.

Gorilla glue is not a hair care product.

McDonalds was serving coffee at a temperature that they knew would cause 2nd degree burns if it touched human skin. Since the purpose of coffee is to drink it, McDonalds knew that their coffee would cause harm when properly used.

Gorilla glue is not a hair care product.
The old lady shoulda just put the balm on and she woulda been fine.

------

"DO NOT USE ON HAIR"

EGA
I actually had to read the case brief on this for one of my classes. The majority of that jury award was punitive damages not money going to the victim. From memory all she really wanted was for her medical bills to be covered and a little bit for pain and suffering. The jury felt that only awarding for that would not put enough of a dent into McD's pocket to force a change so they made the award significantly higher to make it hurt a little.

The jury felt that only awarding for that would not put enough of a dent into McD's pocket to force a change ......
Interesting background on that case. "Change" doesn't begin to describe the difference between then vs. how they serve it nowadays. I'm always having nuke their coffee at work when I pick it up on the way.

Just last week I was at the drive-thru, the lid wasn't on tight, and the employee spilled some coffee on my hand while reaching the cup to me. He was horrified and apologizing profusely, but it didn't feel hot at all. I said, "Relax, kid. Just get me a couple of napkins and we'll call it even." And then I had to nuke it when I got to work.

Last edited:
Interesting background on that case. "Change" doesn't begin to describe the difference between then vs. how they serve it nowadays. I'm always having nuke their coffee at work when I pick it up on the way.
I mean $6 Mil will do that to you.

Different cases, McDonald's had been told numerous times it was serving coffee that was too hot and didn't make the change.
It's meant to be hot. You shouldn't get paid because you are too clumsy to avoid spilling it all over yourself.

This is as stupid as suing a gun manufacturer for some knucklehead shooting an innocent person. For all you youngins its call Personal Responsibility.

It's meant to be hot. You shouldn't get paid because you are too clumsy to avoid spilling it all over yourself.

Is it meant to cause 3rd degree burns and skin grafts all for the terrible irresponsibility of trying to put cream and sugar into a coffee she had just gotten at the drive through? If they're going to sell it at a drive through isn't it a reasonable presumption that the customer will be drinking it in a less than stable situation? Did you even bother to look up the facts? What if that 79 year old lady had instead decided to take a sip? Been your Mother? The company had been warned. They refused to listen.

.... For all you youngins its call Personal Responsibility.

Something corporations are required to have also. And since they are selling products that the average customer cannot possibly unstand all the details of, they have a higher responsibility in that regard.

As for Gorilla Glue lady, I don't think it's as cut-and-dried as you might think. "Glue" is meant to keep things in place. It's a spray. She used it to keep things in place. A little too creative of a solution IMO but we'll see. That's why I think this would have been best handled if the makers turned this into a positive by hiring her to promote the product.