Loudonville to join the KMAC

i thought Lucas should’ve gotten the nod over Loudonville. smaller, yes, but better program and even closer proximity

i thought Lucas should’ve gotten the nod over Loudonville. smaller, yes, but better program and even closer proximity
We thought so too. We are stuck alone in the middle of three/four good area football conferences but no one will take us. Ugh.

Lucas might have to work out a scheduling agreement with the SBC River for football, similar to what Crestline did with the BVC.
Yup. We scheduled Gibsonburg for this coming season. I am sure the AD will be looking for more to fill 21-22.

Budgets are going to be tightening....they would all be closer trips than some of the ones Lucas made last year.
I agree. We have traveled to the four corners of the earth and played teams 5 divisions above us to fill the schedule. It is a huge pain in the , however, I believe, it has strengthened our program. The kids are travel/battle tested.

I remember when Loudenville joined Cardington/Highland/Northmor/Mt Gilead/Fredericktown in the early 1980s. That was a disaster. Winter travel was a nightmare. The relationships between coaching staff in several sports were strained. Utica would be a much better alternative.

I remember when Loudenville joined Cardington/Highland/Northmor/Mt Gilead/Fredericktown in the early 1980s. That was a disaster. Winter travel was a nightmare. The relationships between coaching staff in several sports were strained. Utica would be a much better alternative.

Takes two....apparently Utica passed.

Better fit for Loudonville. Football only is tough for any school, but they were so far away from other PAC schools, in distance & size, they weren’t even playing them in other sports.

Lucas would have been a good fit as well. Makes ya wonder if a “mega” league would work in the area.

Better fit for Loudonville. Football only is tough for any school, but they were so far away from other PAC schools, in distance & size, they weren’t even playing them in other sports.

Lucas would have been a good fit as well. Makes ya wonder if a “mega” league would work in the area.
so like a southern version of the SBC?

so like a southern version of the SBC?
Yep. Portage Co had it for awhile too before some schools started getting cliquey. A bigger conference would help on minimizing a lot of variables for these schools (scheduling, travel budgets, etc) and make it easier to react to issues in the future.

Yep. Portage Co had it for awhile too before some schools started getting cliquey. A bigger conference would help on minimizing a lot of variables for these schools (scheduling, travel budgets, etc) and make it easier to react to issues in the future.
Yes, but depending on the language in the conference's bylaws, it's hard as heck to make changes to the league when a minimum of 75% approval is required. If 1/2 your league is bigger schools and half 1/2 smaller schools (like the PTC), it's hard to agree on the major issues like re-alignment and adding new members to the league. IIRC, the PTC would need 13/16 member schools to vote "yes" on anything for it to be changed. That's hard to get a consensus when schools like Norton, Ravenna, Coventry, Springfield, etc. don't have so much in common with schools like Lake Center Christian, Rootstown, Mogadore, Garrettsville Garfield, etc. Eventually, even the smaller schools didn't feel they had enough in common to stay together.