Lorain CCC District Course Conditions

KevinL

I saw the course on Wednesday night. The flat plains at LCCC were very wet last night, and it rained more this morning.

The woods right before the hill, and the base of the hill itself, are slippery mud, especially the turns. A load of wood chips has been dumped / spread on the first several feet going up. There is still unsure footing right before & after the wood chips.

Several parts are under standing water. Most noticeable is the path between trees, from the turn after the hill all the way to the finishing straight. This path is under standing water, 6-8 inches deep, all the way across. This water will be deep & unavoidable.

The condition of the course will surely become worst throughout the day on Saturday.

I saw the course on Wednesday night. The flat plains at LCCC were very wet last night, and it rained more this morning.

The woods right before the hill, and the base of the hill itself, are slippery mud, especially the turns. A load of wood chips has been dumped / spread on the first several feet going up. There is still unsure footing right before & after the wood chips.

Several parts are under standing water. Most noticeable is the path between trees, from the turn after the hill all the way to the finishing straight. This path is under standing water, 6-8 inches deep, all the way across. This water will be deep & unavoidable.

The condition of the course will surely become worst throughout the day on Saturday.
Not that they need help, but this helps Woodridge boys. The two Freshman girls are little but the rest of the girls are pretty strong. I think Woody will be ok.

It was beautiful Thursday. Friday is going to be close to 80 degrees.

course conditions would never enter my mind going into a race other than the length of the spikes I used.

Word is out that they changed the course due to the standing water. We’ve never raced there, so it doesn’t matter.