Local games and touneys

coachg

So any good local matches happening soon? Also what are your favorite local tournaments? local as in SW Ohio or NKY.

I don't coach any more but I always enjoyed the MASC and Beavercreek tournaments. The sheer number of brackets allowed for a great competitive environment. Having all the games in one place creates a very nice environment of like-minded people. I did not like the tourneys at 5-6 different locations.

https://tourneycentral.com/tournament-calendar

Found this list. The only local ones for the Spring that stand out to me are MASC and Warrior Classic. I haven't attended, but there are some Michigan tournaments listed hosted by top level clubs like Jaguars and Midwest United, so I would assume they should be good.

On a side note, does anyone know if MEAD Cup has recovered after the disaster from 4 or 5 years ago when bad storms caused almost the entire tournament to not be played, yet champions still crowned? I know that led to a lot of top level clubs not returning to what was always one of the best local tournaments.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On a side note, does anyone know if MEAD Cup has recovered after the disaster from 4 or 5 years ago when bad storms caused almost the entire tournament to not be played, yet champions still crowned? I know that led to a lot of top level clubs not returning to what was always one of the best local tournaments.

I don’t believe they’ve recovered to the level that they used to be. You are correct that it was one of the best tournaments but they went through a few changes at the top and let non-soccer people run the club I think at that time was CUSA. Really sad actually as they had a few excellent coaches and teams on the girls side that disbanded around the time the Mead Cup blew up. There’s quite a few girls from those top teams that are now in D1 College soccer or are committed - a lot of them either went to CUP or OE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this list. The only local ones for the Spring that stand out to me are MASC and Warrior Classic. I haven't attended, but there are some Michigan tournaments listed hosted by top level clubs like Jaguars and Midwest United, so I would assume they should be good.

Do you honestly look at the MASC as a good tournament? Oh boy..The Blue Chip Showcase is not what it was but is still better than either of those as is the Elite thaw. Hammer does tournaments well and typically draws better comp, most certainly better than the warrior or for sure the MASC. You may as well have said Middleton spring blast or the Strawberry fest nothing brings out low quality soccer and rec+ teams like them and the MASC lol.

Players have to start somewhere. I'm glad there are other options than the "elite" tournaments that people praise.

If we want soccer to grow in America, we can't just tend to [and praise] the elite.

No offense, but I could not find ONE tournament on this site that ANY D1 college coach would attend.