Live Albums..... recommend me some

Genesis-Three-Sides-Live-Atlantic-Photo.jpg

Lots of good raw music on this one.
Not really live "as in with a audience" but has that feel of a few great musicians just hanging out.

I can remember listening to a simulcast of Springsteen playing the Cleveland Agora Ballroom on WEBN the summer of 1978 and then listening to bad bootlegs of that concert for years. I know there is already a Springsteen concert from 1978 mentioned but the Agora is by far the best. I believe you can get a clean recording online now.

That concert made me a Springsteen fan for life.

Last edited:
I can remember listening to a simulcast of Springsteen playing the Cleveland Agora Ballroom on WEBN the summer of 1978 and then listening to bad bootlegs of that concert for years. I know there is already a Springsteen concert from 1978 mentioned but the Agore is by far the best. I believe you can get a clean recording online now.

That concert made me a Springsteen fan for life.

That show is legendary in CLE, as an 8th grader I wanted to go so badly but the parents would not allow a 14 year old to go to a high demand show where you had to camp out just to buy tickets. Remember that the Agora only held 1,000ish at best and at this time Bruce was playing mostly arenas. Many folks ripped the FM broadcast on to a cassette and copies were passed around to all who wanted them. The Darkness & River tours were his high point; great in that Bruce played 2 full sets and they were before the Born in the USA casual fans went to shows for a social experience more than the music. Bruce recorded many of his shows and the live music site nugs offers some for download including this one: https://www.nugs.net/bruce-springst...nloads-in-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/

As far as the music is concerned there are not a lot of rarities or unique covers but the small room gives the band a lot of energy to feed off of and it comes through the music. The 1st set ending sequence of Racing in the Streets>Thunder Road>Jungleland is vintage Bruce and speaks to a city and generation at a crossroad. If there is one show to get from the download series it is either this or the 12/31/80 show from Nassau Coliseum.

Eagles Live from 1977 and Metallica S & M (1999) are two of my all-time favorites. The Metallica album is the one they recorded with the San Francisco Symphony.

Metallica was my favorite band until January of 1989. I had seen them many many times in the early and mid 80's preach the word but then the mighty dollar was flashed in front of them and we learned that they were hypocrites as they told their original faithful following to go F* off. Hated them ever since.....

Eagles on the other hand could be interesting even though we all know that Hotel California was stolen from a Jethro Tull song back when the Eagles opened up for them..... but, I don't care as that song is one of the best ever while Tull's song was lost in the mix!!!!!!

Metallica was my favorite band until January of 1989. I had seen them many many times in the early and mid 80's preach the word but then the mighty dollar was flashed in front of them and we learned that they were hypocrites as they told their original faithful following to go F* off. Hated them ever since.....

Eagles on the other hand could be interesting even though we all know that Hotel California was stolen from a Jethro Tull song back when the Eagles opened up for them..... but, I don't care as that song is one of the best ever while Tull's song was lost in the mix!!!!!!

I was late to Metallica. I believe S & M may be the only Metallica I have owned. I was not a metal fan but that album mixing the metal and the symphony got my interest.

The Eagles were more the music I grew up with. I played that Eagles Live cassette to death in the early 90's. Finally got to see them last year and it just wasn't the same without Glenn Frey. Vince Gill is very good and a worthwhile replacement and his kid Dylan does a nice job, buy it wasn't the same.

U2 Under a Blood Red Sky/Live at Red Rocks is very good also. The video is even better.

Last edited:
Listen and watch. If nowhere else, YouTube.

AEROSMITH | Live at Tokyo Stadium (Japan, 2002)

Any Woodstock "69" footage you can find. I have yet to find footage of a full day.

New Musical Express, 1965. "Old Stuff". Admittedly, there is some real garbage, but fun to watch the format and old Groups play what were their hits at the time.

Last edited:
Listen and watch. If nowhere else, YouTube.

AEROSMITH | Live at Tokyo Stadium (Japan, 2002)

Any Woodstock "69" footage you can find. I have yet to find footage of a full day.

New Musical Express, 1965. "Old Stuff". Admittedly, there is some real garbage, but fun to watch the format and old Groups play what were their hits at the time.

huge fan of Woodstock and I likely have seen everything available but you never know.... maybe lurking somewhere some new footage will be discovered.

as for Aerosmith, the older the better for me. If I was going to do them it would be Live! Bootleg from 1977/1978

Good luck!
Glad I did not pick the one in ft Wayne in March!
We.bettwr have concerts by then.

To be fair, they should allow folks to refund the Tix if they don't feel safe and not cancel.

Another love album......
AC DC had a good one as well.