Little League World Series

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Anyone watching?

This pitcher/hitter for Hawaii, Jenna Sniffen, has been amazing so far. Pitches up to 63 MPH. Consistently at 60.

Batting 14 for 16 with 2 homeruns. If you haven't seen her yet, when the championships are on ESPN, watch this girl. She is fun to watch.

Really crazy, the Hawaiian team lost to the team from Italy. Hawaii looked to be the odds on favorite but they just didn't have it today.

Italy had already lost games 12-2, 12-4, and 12-2. Their only win was against Canada (10-0) before tonight.

Just shows that anything can happen any given game...

North Carolina defeated Louisiana yesterday to win the World Series.

I wish more communities played Little League softball. It is the greatest youth sporting event in female sports. Something special about picking players from a small area and representing that community.

North Carolina defeated Louisiana yesterday to win the World Series.

I wish more communities played Little League softball. It is the greatest youth sporting event in female sports. Something special about picking players from a small area and representing that community.

I wonder how good the females that are playing in the boys game would do in fast pitch? I think a girl from Minnesota played this year. She looked really good.

I wonder when these girls who grow up playing with the boys make the switch to underhand? Especially with the talented girls, its such a different movement. Even the swing is different with the ball on the level plane etc etc. Interesting if it helps/hurts/neither growing up playing overhand.

Mo'ne Davis was the most well-known girl to play at the Little League World Series. She ended up having a decent HS career in softball but was passed by many other softball players. Obviously, she wasn't going to be a pitcher in softball as it's a completely different delivery. I don't think playing baseball hurt her. While very similar, there are some major differences.

Mo'ne Davis was the most well-known girl to play at the Little League World Series. She ended up having a decent HS career in softball but was passed by many other softball players. Obviously, she wasn't going to be a pitcher in softball as it's a completely different delivery. I don't think playing baseball hurt her. While very similar, there are some major differences.

What if she was underhand from > 11. Are you thinking that throwing hard over hand does not necessarily mean you throw hard underhand?

What if she was underhand from > 11. Are you thinking that throwing hard over hand does not necessarily mean you throw hard underhand?
I would think arm speed would translate to both as that is critical. But maybe not.

I think it would be very difficult to begin pitching at 12 years old. Biggest reason would be lack of reps. Getting on a team and displacing the other pitchers in softball is much more difficult than baseball due to the number of pitchers you need. Not unheard of for every kid on a baseball team to be a pitcher. 3-4 pitchers is normal in softball.

I'm sure she has the athleticism to be a softball pitcher but it doesn't happen over night. She could have been a great tennis player or golfer too. Both would have taken alot of time to become very good.

I've seen plenty of 12 year old boys with strong arms try to pitch a softball. It wasn't pretty. It is a skill like anything else that is developed over time.