Lima Sr Hires New Football Coach

Since a simple google by someone who doesn't know him came up with it, probably best bring up possibly why he's available.

2 game alchohol related suspension

Reading comments and between the lines... could have been an opportunity to resolve a personality conflict. Could be he didn't take his suspension seriously and still coached... ? Eh, everyone is going to have opinions on what was acceptable regards the beer and whether he coached from the end zone. Since it's not exactly hidden, I imagine it was all discussed in the open and LCS is confident everyone is clear on their rules.

Looks like he knows the game. Has had success at his last two stops. TRAC looks like it has taken a step up if he can get the kids out of the hallways, on the team and taking the academics seriously.

Lima has the athletes to compete within the TRAC Agree with Eastisbest, the new coach will need to find a way to get these athletes out for football. Lima Senior was going in right direction under Fell, but took a step back with Griffin. Hopefully Smith has what it takes to coach these kids

In the cities, coaches pretty much come from the system or if from outside, came in as teachers and worked their way into the coaching system. They transfer from one school to another, knowing the system. They know the feeder systems, the parents, the ADs, the logistics...

Can't even begin to imagine the challenges this guy has. I have to believe there are those whose "guy" didn't get the job. Hopefully he is well welcomed. He's going to need those people.

Now if we can just get Lima back into R8 where they belong so they're not competing with the city teams for region. :D

It was not approved on Thursday. However, I think it will be approved shortly. Release was premature by the media.

Are there any other candidates?
Hope coach Smith gets his shot, it’ll be interesting to see if he can turn around a third program.

It was not approved on Thursday. However, I think it will be approved shortly. Release was premature by the media.

It was clearly stated that the hire was pending BOE approval. They got the information and reported it correctly. That’s not premature reporting.

So was he approved by the Administration?
Wouldn’t that be a binding deal, what would be the hang up? I suppose there’s politics in everything.

Heard the board voted him down. Can anyone confirm that?

That would be really sad if true.

Next meeting isn't until 2/10/20. They went into executive session during last week's meeting, but they can't vote in executive session on something like this; and we don't even know if they entered it regarding the football coaching vacancy.

It was clearly stated that the hire was pending BOE approval. They got the information and reported it correctly. That’s not premature reporting.

They did not get the information from the school. One media outlet released it, others jumped on board. None contacted the school to confirm. Which makes it extremely premature. Hopefully it doesn't cost Coach Smith a job (which I know wasn't the intent).

You shouldn't publish the information until 1) it's either been approved by the board or 2) the school's administration has confirmed and approved the release.

True. But people have just got to get the information out. It just seems like it should have been a done deal when the article also said he would be teaching PE.

They did not get the information from the school. One media outlet released it, others jumped on board. None contacted the school to confirm. Which makes it extremely premature. Hopefully it doesn't cost Coach Smith a job (which I know wasn't the intent).

You shouldn't publish the information until 1) it's either been approved by the board or 2) the school's administration has confirmed and approved the release.

Looking at it from the school’s perspective, sure. But any newspaper worth its salt isn’t going to wait to get an entity’s approval before going with a story. They had apparently solid information and stated that it was pending BOE approval so they printed it.

Looking at it from the school’s perspective, sure. But any newspaper worth its salt isn’t going to wait to get an entity’s approval before going with a story. They had apparently solid information and stated that it was pending BOE approval so they printed it.
Any newspaper worth it's salt ISN'T going to get an entity's approval before running a story. They might give the entity to chance to comment, but asking for their approval? Absolutely not.

Any newspaper worth it's salt ISN'T going to get an entity's approval before running a story. They might give the entity to chance to comment, but asking for their approval? Absolutely not.

Right. That’s what I said.