Lima Senior / Lima Central Catholic Thursday 8/29

scbuckeye99

First time the two have ever met in football. Thoughts?

on the above note, are there any other schools out there who are part of the same city / town of similar size to Lima that have never met in football?

There have been some interesting letters to the editor in the Lima News leading up to this as well as some rebuttals in the local paper.

on the above note, are there any other schools out there who are part of the same city / town of similar size to Lima that have never met in football?

There have been some interesting letters to the editor in the Lima News leading up to this as well as some rebuttals in the local paper.
I think this situation only happens with the large public school and small private school towns.

I know that Lancaster and Fisher Cath as well as Zanesville and Bishop Rosecrans have not played in football. I don’t believe Newark and ‘Catholic have. I know that Steubenville HAS played Catholic Central.

I like Lima Senior. LCC has some nice players, But Lima Senior is full of good players. The only way LCC wins this game is off of much much better coaching, which i’m not sure they have over Lima Senior. I expect a big game from Sean Thomas of LCC and Brandon Taylor (Penn State commit) of Lima Senior.

Talent wise LCC should and will win in my opinion. Shawn Thomas is an absolute stud for LCC with over 2,500 all purpose yard coming into his Junior season. Lima Sr will be a lot bigger on both the O and D lines so that'll be the x-factor, how does LCC overcome that. Should be a huge crowd and a great game, very excited

I think the closest to this would be up until 10 years when Perkins and Sandusky finally met on the gridiron. Granted, not same towns, but same ZIP.

WOSN is carrying this game LIVE on Thursday night....I'll take LCC, heard that Lima Senior is down in talent, heard that from Troy who scrimmaged Senior

Delphos St. John's and Delphos Jefferson have only played once and that was in the play-offs. They are playing their first regular season game next year.

WOSN is carrying this game LIVE on Thursday night....I'll take LCC, heard that Lima Senior is down in talent, heard that from Troy who scrimmaged Senior

I was at the Troy scrimmage and talent is definitely not down. LSH will be as good as there OLine plays because they have plenty of talent surrounding the ball. Defensively i hope LCC's Oline is good because B.Taylor (Penn St commit) and K.Durr will be having meetings at the QB all night long.

I was at the Troy scrimmage and talent is definitely not down. LSH will be as good as there OLine plays because they have plenty of talent surrounding the ball. Defensively i hope LCC's Oline is good because B.Taylor (Penn St commit) and K.Durr will be having meetings at the QB all night long.
how did they do against Troy?

Lima Sr clearly has the talent edge, i'm surprised how many people on this board think it's the other way around.
Well, Lima Sr. was 1 - 8 last year with their only win being against COF. FWIW Marion Local's JV's played Lima Sr.'s JV's. 2 years ago and Lima Sr.'s JV's were totally unorganized had trouble just snapping the football to the QB.

Well, Lima Sr. was 1 - 8 last year with their only win being against COF. FWIW Marion Local's JV's played Lima Sr.'s JV's. 2 years ago and Lima Sr.'s JV's were totally unorganized had trouble just snapping the football to the QB.

Splitting hairs here but Lima beat Oregon Clay 27-23. The COF game did not count for Lima. So yes they were 1-8 but the 1 win came from Clay and the COF game was eventually not counted.

Well Lima Senior had to play TCC, Whitmer, SJJ, Northmont, etc.. LCC’s best team they played was either Lucas, who they lost to, or Spencerville.

LCC would not have fared any better against Lima Seniors schedule last year.

IDK. Lima, Clay, Waite, not much separating those teams last year. LCC beat Waite by 47 points. They gave Marion Local a solid game. I don't know LCC's roster size to know how they would have dealth with the weekly grind of a TRAC contest but taken individually, they would have been somewhere in the middle of the TRAC pack I think. Fair chance against any team except maybe Whitmer, SJJ and CCHS. SJJ maybe a longer shot. Whitmer and CCHS a definitely chore.

LCC won't get many points from this game. Lima Sr. maybe the worst team in the Trac. Only changes to win will be Clay and Ross. Dumb game to schedule for LCC.

Just curious. What are folks in the Lima community saying??
I agree will the letter saying Lima Sr should not have scheduled this game due to the fact it's a lose lose for them. It doesn't benefit them for playoff points. I do however love the city rivalry aspect of the game.

LCC won't get many points from this game. Lima Sr. maybe the worst team in the Trac. Only changes to win will be Clay and Ross. Dumb game to schedule for LCC.

this has been my argument since the announcement was made. If Senior High wins they'll get maybe a few points here and there depending on how LCC does. If LCC wins, they may get a point or two from senior high as far as L1 goes but not much else beyond.

Again I have no idea what either team looks like so who knows what the season holds.

If nothing else its a good community event with hopefully a solid gate for both sides (they are splitting the gate and concessions I'm told).

PLUS it saves each school an away game of sorts. Lima Senior has 6 home games now and LCC's schedule says they have 6 away games but lets be honest, they're playing at their "home" site as an away team.

Attended the Lucas @ LCC game last season. LCC should be coming back pretty stacked. I like them in a mild upset here.

This matchup in football and basketball is a huge one for both schools. It brings a bit of the rivalry back to Lima.

I personally like senior in this game. They return 8 offensive starters and have a very hefty D line. I will take senior by a TD. LCC is a very good team and will make noise in D6. But Senior will get the first of what is hopefully many rivalry games to come.

This matchup in football and basketball is a huge one for both schools. It brings a bit of the rivalry back to Lima.

I personally like senior in this game. They return 8 offensive starters and have a very hefty D line. I will take senior by a TD. LCC is a very good team and will make noise in D6. But Senior will get the first of what is hopefully many rivalry games to come.

it's a one year deal as is the current understanding

it's a one year deal as is the current understanding
WOSN did a show with both ADs on and they talked as if it was something they want to do for years to come. It very well could be a one year deal to start with, but I'm sure Frank Kill at LCC and Zell at Senior would love to keep it going. Its a long time coming to bring these teams back together playing eachother.