Lima Senior / Lima Central Catholic Thursday 8/29

WOSN did a show with both ADs on and they talked as if it was something they want to do for years to come. It very well could be a one year deal to start with, but I'm sure Frank Kill at LCC and Zell at Senior would love to keep it going. Its a long time coming to bring these teams back together playing eachother.

Not sure what the deal is at LCC but John Scheinders is the AD and the ohsaa website now has Kill as the AAD over there. Either way the game may become an annual tradition going forward but the initial announcement had it as a one year deal. Obviously this means both schools will have an open week 1 in 2020 so renewing the game would be easy to do I would imagine.

Not sure what the deal is at LCC but John Scheinders is the AD and the ohsaa website now has Kill as the AAD over there. Either way the game may become an annual tradition going forward but the initial announcement had it as a one year deal. Obviously this means both schools will have an open week 1 in 2020 so renewing the game would be easy to do I would imagine.
Gotcha. When did Zell step down? Maybe I have my ADs wrong. Frank is running the show at LCC as far as I know. He's a Lincolnview alum and married to a Crestview guidance counselor, so as far as we know in Knight country, Frank is the man. Regardless, I would love to see it renewed. I think it brings a bit of fun to the Lima Stadium turf for both schools.

Considering that LCC has not had a lot of success in their own division come the postseason I would have to think that the much larger Lima Senior should have their way with them.

With that said, whom enrolls in LCC can change like the wind so if they are the team currently getting the athletes then they could have a shot.

Gotcha. When did Zell step down? Maybe I have my ADs wrong. Frank is running the show at LCC as far as I know. He's a Lincolnview alum and married to a Crestview guidance counselor, so as far as we know in Knight country, Frank is the man. Regardless, I would love to see it renewed. I think it brings a bit of fun to the Lima Stadium turf for both schools.

cknights,

Zell didn't step down, he is still AD at Lima Senior. Kill stepped down as AD earlier this year at LCC.

JB

cknights,

Zell didn't step down, he is still AD at Lima Senior. Kill stepped down as AD earlier this year at LCC.

JB
Okay. Kill is staying on as the associate or assistant AD? That's news to me. Interesting. I haven't spoken to Kris (our kids' guidance counselor) all summer so maybe things changed with Frank and his status at the school. He is staying on as basketball coach, though, correct?

Anyway. Looking forward to hearing about the game tonight. Will probably tune into 93.1 to listen

LCC has Shawnee, DSJ, and Spencerville scheduled weeks 1-3 next year.

Okay. Kill is staying on as the associate or assistant AD? That's news to me. Interesting. I haven't spoken to Kris (our kids' guidance counselor) all summer so maybe things changed with Frank and his status at the school. He is staying on as basketball coach, though, correct?

Anyway. Looking forward to hearing about the game tonight. Will probably tune into 93.1 to listen

cknights,

Yes, it is my understanding that Kill will still remain as the varsity BB head coach at LCC. According to an article in The Lima News recently, when John Zell initially contacted LCC in January about the possibility of getting a game with Lima Sr and LCC for the first game of the season and first ever football meeting of the two schools, Frank Kill was still AD at LCC at that time. As they say, "the only constant is change."

JB

I know it’s pretty early but after 5 minutes it looks like LCC is going to win this game 42-0. I wasn’t expecting Lima Senior to get dominated in the trenches like they have been.

Fun game to watch. 21-20. Senior. LCC had a pick 6, and then missed the extra point. Game is on wosn. 1:00 left in the 2nd quarter.

21 - 20 half. Lima Sr., I know I am old but Lima Sr. with the turn over chain celebration. Really for a H.S. game.

You'd be surprised how many high school teams are copying college themes and antics. Down here in the south every other team I've watched has a turnover chain or a turnover belt or some kind of gimmick.

Spartans tackling was ABYSMAL!!! We are going to be hard pressed to beat the big boys in the TRAC if we don't get tougher in the trenches. Gave up 371 on the ground. Moore and Thomas killed us on the ground, but those two kids are special! Offense was really balanced and Lima Senior didn't run the ball too bad. Jawan Anderson, 22 carries for 183, kid can run the ball... 528 yards of total offense for Lima Senior. Well lets roll on to week 2.

Last edited:
Lima Senior has a Penn State commit and a few other kids getting D2 looks on their d line and they still got dominated. I thought the rest of the D played well though. Juwan Anderson is an absolute stud. Lima Senior has so many athletes on the perimeter, they need to find ways to get them the ball more. I see a 4-6 season for Lima.

21 - 20 half. Lima Sr., I know I am old but Lima Sr. with the turn over chain celebration. Really for a H.S. game.
Turnover chain at any level is idiotic. I sure hope my school never does something that stupid. If someone needs that to get excited about a TO then something is wrong.

Is WOSN doing live games this year? Caught a few minutes of it in the 4th and was surprised to see it live.

Understand it was warm last night but LCC better quit drinking pickle juice and start drinking water. Too many players with legs cramps, may have cost them the game.

Turnover chain at any level is idiotic. I sure hope my school never does something that stupid. If someone needs that to get excited about a TO then something is wrong.

Is WOSN doing live games this year? Caught a few minutes of it in the 4th and was surprised to see it live.
Not a fan of the turnover chain but good for the coaches to buy into the culture and how the kids relate to one another with something that has taken legs (see Miami U).

The crowd was packed. The game was all it was hyped to be. As I expected, Senior pulls it out in a close one. I hope they continue this game in the future. What a way to start High School Football in Lima-land and area. Fun stuff and always great to hear Koza on the radio and having WOSN live streaming a game to start the season.