Lesson if UC makes the playoff

Just look at the recruiting rankings, the top teams get all the talent. G5 gets the left overs. And yes, they should split up. When Cincy plays a schedule with 10 P5 schools in it, then they are playing the same level of competition as a P5 school.
There's plenty of talent on this Bearcat team. At least 4 players will get drafted, we'll see if there are any more. The recruiting rankings will also show that UC has the best classes outside the P5 and even better than half the P5 schools, so thanks for proving my point.

There's plenty of talent on this Bearcat team. At least 4 players will get drafted, we'll see if there are any more. The recruiting rankings will also show that UC has the best classes outside the P5 and even better than half the P5 schools, so thanks for proving my point.
Making your point? The point is that they do not play a comparable schedule, when they do, that will be fine. Being in the top 50 for recruting is nice and all, but Ohio State would never win the BIG with that level of recruiting. Hence, they would never make the play offs.

I've seen some mocks/rankings that have Sauce, Sanders, Ridder, Pierce and Beavers all as guys going in the 1st 4 rounds. Sauce is for sure going 1st round, Sanders and Ridder might have a chance as well. Then I'd imagine Bryant and Cook will go later, possibly Brooks too. Ford has the option to come back next year if he wants, but one or two more big performances his draft stock might rise enough to where he's gone as well. Exciting time for the program all around.

Making your point? The point is that they do not play a comparable schedule, when they do, that will be fine. Being in the top 50 for recruting is nice and all, but Ohio State would never win the BIG with that level of recruiting. Hence, they would never make the play offs.
Then why did you bring recruiting classes into it? You keep talking in circles because you know your reasons and talking points are bogus.

The rules don't stipulate that a Playoff participant must be from the Power 5. The rules don't say that you must have a SOS above a certain threshold. Is Ohio St a better team than UC, that's very likely. Will we find out? No because Ohio St lost twice.

If you guys want to take the best team regardless of their record, then why play the regular season. Let's just hold a Playoff every year and we'll have Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio St regardless of record and how they play throughout the year. Sounds great, not.

Whether you like it or not, the most deserving teams got in. Most years that's the case because the best, most talented teams don't always win all their games. I'd argue if you lose multiple games should you really be considered the best, but that's another discussion for another time.

I've seen some mocks/rankings that have Sauce, Sanders, Ridder, Pierce and Beavers all as guys going in the 1st 4 rounds. Sauce is for sure going 1st round, Sanders and Ridder might have a chance as well. Then I'd imagine Bryant and Cook will go later, possibly Brooks too. Ford has the option to come back next year if he wants, but one or two more big performances his draft stock might rise enough to where he's gone as well. Exciting time for the program all around.
Get outta here with that stuff. Cincinnati don't put guys in the league. Guys like Travis Kelce or his brother Jason. Guys like Josiah Deguara, or Mike Boone, or James Hudson, or Chris Moore, or Brett Celek had to have played their college ball at big time schools like Columbus Tech or Our Lady of Perpetual Touchdowns to make it in the NFL....oh wait!!!! Never mind

Then why did you bring recruiting classes into it? You keep talking in circles because you know your reasons and talking points are bogus.

The rules don't stipulate that a Playoff participant must be from the Power 5. The rules don't say that you must have a SOS above a certain threshold. Is Ohio St a better team than UC, that's very likely. Will we find out? No because Ohio St lost twice.

If you guys want to take the best team regardless of their record, then why play the regular season. Let's just hold a Playoff every year and we'll have Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio St regardless of record and how they play throughout the year. Sounds great, not.

Whether you like it or not, the most deserving teams got in. Most years that's the case because the best, most talented teams don't always win all their games. I'd argue if you lose multiple games should you really be considered the best, but that's another discussion for another time.
Talking in circles, lol. The level of talent a team has matters, which is why the teams that win it every year have better talent than the vast majority of teams. UC doesn't have anywhere near the talent the top teams have, and they have not played the schedule the top teams have. They got in because the rules to not preclude them from getting in. But to think that they could play the same schedule as OSU or Alabama with their 50th ranked talent, and glean the same results as an OSU or Alabama is ludicrous. G5 should have their own playoff, and the rest of FBS should go to an 8 team playoff.

Talking in circles, lol. The level of talent a team has matters, which is why the teams that win it every year have better talent than the vast majority of teams. UC doesn't have anywhere near the talent the top teams have, and they have not played the schedule the top teams have. They got in because the rules to not preclude them from getting in. But to think that they could play the same schedule as OSU or Alabama with their 50th ranked talent, and glean the same results as an OSU or Alabama is ludicrous. G5 should have their own playoff, and the rest of FBS should go to an 8 team playoff.
You people are way too butthurt for something that's happened one time thus far and will probably revert to the status quo next season. Chill out and let the "little guys" have their moment in the sun.

Yes talking in circles. First it was, the schedule. Then it was the players/recruiting. What else ya got?

Cincinnati's team this year is not a flash in the pan. They were undefeated last year as well. Their players did fine going up against Georgia, in fact leading the entire game until the final seconds. They did fine against top 10 Notre Dame this year as well. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, go back to Bucknutz homer.

Yes talking in circles. First it was, the schedule. Then it was the players/recruiting. What else ya got?

Cincinnati's team this year is not a flash in the pan. They were undefeated last year as well. Their players did fine going up against Georgia, in fact leading the entire game until the final seconds. They did fine against top 10 Notre Dame this year as well. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, go back to Bucknutz homer.
Adding more info is talking in circles? LOL. Yep, they played 2 good teams in 2 years, and went 1-1. Which is of course exactly the same as playing 20 P5 schools over the same period of time. Way to avoid the obvious weakness in their schedule and recruiting. UC is a good team, why do feel the need to make them out to be elite?

If UC makes the playoff after playing one real team and 12 creampuffs, SEC and Big Ten ADs need to react accordingly by pulling any difficult non-conference matchups and replacing those opponents with tomato cans (e.g. any American team not named UC).

An SEC or Big Ten conference schedule is clearly more than enough to get a team in the playoff if a team with an atrocious strength of schedule is going to be rewarded with a playoff berth.

Why play difficult non-conference games if a possible loss only serves to vault a coasting mid-major team into the discussion over your team? Food for thought.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

AEW Champion: Greatness Personified

Adding more info is talking in circles? LOL. Yep, they played 2 good teams in 2 years, and went 1-1. Which is of course exactly the same as playing 20 P5 schools over the same period of time. Way to avoid the obvious weakness in their schedule and recruiting. UC is a good team, why do feel the need to make them out to be elite?
Why are you scared they have a chance to prove they're elite?

I'm not making them out to be elite? On multiple threads you're trying to discredit what they've done and say they aren't as good as x-y-z, but for starters that isn't the criteria, and Second you don't know that. You see AAC, G5 and think second class citizen. That's the problem I have.

Last edited:
Why are you scared they have a chance to prove they're elite?

I'm not making them out to be elite? On multiple threads you're trying to discredit what they've done and say they aren't as good as x-y-z, but for starters that isn't the criteria, and Second you don't know that. You see AAC, G5 and think second class citizen. That's the problem I have.
I just thing teams should all follow a similar path, the G5 schools do not. Go ahead and tell Nick Saban that he is wasting his time chasing after all of those 5 stars and just recruit the kids playing for G5 schools. By saying they should be considered in the top 4, that is by definition, elite.

The vast majority of the time G5 schools are locked out. UC started the year ranked highly and went undefeated, beating the #5 team. It would be ridiculous to leave them out

I just thing teams should all follow a similar path, the G5 schools do not. Go ahead and tell Nick Saban that he is wasting his time chasing after all of those 5 stars and just recruit the kids playing for G5 schools. By saying they should be considered in the top 4, that is by definition, elite.
LOL, They did follow a "similar path"
-Beat all the teams on their schedule, including, but specifically ranked opponents
-Win their conference championship game
-Be ranked inside the top 4 after the Final Rankings are revealed

What did they do differently than any other team that's made the Playoff before?

And I'm not sure if you're aware, but recruiting numbers don't win championships. That's definitely not part of the criteria for getting in the Playoff. So your comments about Saban and recruiting non 5-star players is more fluff for your weak *** argument.

Circles, again and again.

You people are way too butthurt for something that's happened one time thus far and will probably revert to the status quo next season. Chill out and let the "little guys" have their moment in the sun.
I'm a Buckeye Fan and UC fan. The Buckeye only fans are butt hurt because they don't want another power team in their backyard. They already have to compete with Michigan, Michigan State, ND and a few others for recruits in the Midwest now that Cincinnati is in the picture it makes recruiting home state athletes more difficult. UC has a chance to really shake things up by beating Alabama. Fickle has already been doing a good job recruiting and with a win in the Final Four his recruiting efforts will only get better. OSU's reloading is because they win the BIG frequently and are always in the hunt for the National Final Four as well as the number of kids that go into the pros. If Cincinnati continues it's upward growth it's bad news for Ohio State. I think they can both survive but OSU only fans aren't happy about another big time player in the state.

Last edited:
LOL, They did follow a "similar path"
-Beat all the teams on their schedule, including, but specifically ranked opponents
-Win their conference championship game
-Be ranked inside the top 4 after the Final Rankings are revealed

What did they do differently than any other team that's made the Playoff before?

And I'm not sure if you're aware, but recruiting numbers don't win championships. That's definitely not part of the criteria for getting in the Playoff. So your comments about Saban and recruiting non 5-star players is more fluff for your weak *** argument.

Circles, again and again.
lol, you are simply obtuse now. Talent wins championships. Their path included only 2 P5 schools, not 10 like everyone else. I guess in your world all football players are equal, or petty close to equal, and it is only coaching that makes a difference. And then it would also follow that all D1 conferences are pretty much equal too. I do not subscribe to those 2 schools of thought.

Hey CrowDude, if anyone should be able to identify with UC, it’s you. Didn’t your high school team get humbled in the semis just like UC will?

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

AEW Champion is runnin’ the show

lol, you are simply obtuse now. Talent wins championships. Their path included only 2 P5 schools, not 10 like everyone else. I guess in your world all football players are equal, or petty close to equal, and it is only coaching that makes a difference. And then it would also follow that all D1 conferences are pretty much equal too. I do not subscribe to those 2 schools of thought.
You say "10 like everyone else" as if beating teams like Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, Vandy, Tennessee, etc. is some big deal. Just because they're P5 schools doesn't mean they're P5 talent. Hell, little, poor, AAC Tulsa gave OSU all it could handle until very late in the 4th quarter. More than those other schools can say.

It should be noted ND did not play 10 P5 teams this year either. Just another reason they don’t belong in the playoffs.

You say "10 like everyone else" as if beating teams like Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, Vandy, Tennessee, etc. is some big deal. Just because they're P5 schools doesn't mean they're P5 talent. Hell, little, poor, AAC Tulsa gave OSU all it could handle until very late in the 4th quarter. More than those other schools can say.
If it were so easy to be a P5 school, schools like TCU or Utah would have already found their way to the top of P5. Utah is getting close, but it has taken them, 10 years? Do you think Tulsa would do as well vs OSU schedule as OSU did?

LOL, could you be any more butthurt about this whole thing? I never argued that P5 schools weren't better than G5 schools. Never argued that the P5 schedules were tougher than G5. Never argued they get better players at P5 compared to G5. But these are all objective measures, it doesn't actually take into account the play on the field. The G5 have never had that chance, now they do.

And talk about being obtuse. You're the one who wants to exclude half of Division 1 from the Playoff because of the conference they plays in. You think because a school plays outside the P5 they're automatically inferior to those that reside in them. Plenty of examples of that not being the case.

You do realize that FCS schools and G5 schools have beaten teams from the P5 right? Or do you not remember Appalachian St over Michigan or Boise St over Oklahoma?

But you're right about one thing - talent wins championships. Cincinnati is 24-1 in the last two year including back-to-back undefeated regular seasons and back-to-back conference championships. They've got 2 All-Americans starting at CB (Gardner 1st Team, Bryant 2nd-Team). They've got a LB that was named a Finalist for Butkus Award. Jerome Ford is so bad that started his career at Alabama.

I am curious now though, who would your four have been and why?

If it were so easy to be a P5 school, schools like TCU or Utah would have already found their way to the top of P5. Utah is getting close, but it has taken them, 10 years? Do you think Tulsa would do as well vs OSU schedule as OSU did?
Another strawman argument.

TCU should have been in the very first year. The Committee got cold feet on picking a Big 12 team that split it's conference Championship since there was no Championship Game.

LOL, could you be any more butthurt about this whole thing? I never argued that P5 schools weren't better than G5 schools. Never argued that the P5 schedules were tougher than G5. Never argued they get better players at P5 compared to G5. But these are all objective measures, it doesn't actually take into account the play on the field. The G5 have never had that chance, now they do.

And talk about being obtuse. You're the one who wants to exclude half of Division 1 from the Playoff because of the conference they plays in. You think because a school plays outside the P5 they're automatically inferior to those that reside in them. Plenty of examples of that not being the case.

You do realize that FCS schools and G5 schools have beaten teams from the P5 right? Or do you not remember Appalachian St over Michigan or Boise St over Oklahoma?

But you're right about one thing - talent wins championships. Cincinnati is 24-1 in the last two year including back-to-back undefeated regular seasons and back-to-back conference championships. They've got 2 All-Americans starting at CB (Gardner 1st Team, Bryant 2nd-Team). They've got a LB that was named a Finalist for Butkus Award. Jerome Ford is so bad that started his career at Alabama.

I am curious now though, who would your four have been and why?
Sure, those schools can win one game, every now and then, is that really the measuring stick that should be applied?

TCU should have been in the very first year. The Committee got cold feet on picking a Big 12 team that split it's conference Championship since there was no Championship Game.
Ohio State won it that first year, so it seems they should have been in and not TCU. At the very least we can know that Ohio State didn't not belong. Then TCU was never heard form again. So much so they just fired their coach.