Leipsic Leaving BVC

Parkway is not a geographical fit for the NWC. They are 60 miles or 1 hr from Ada and would be 55 miles, 1 1/4 hrs to NWC's newest member Leipsic. Even the closest NWC member, Crestview, is 20 miles, 27 minutes away
On the flip side, Parkway's furthest opponent in the MAC, Versailles, 38 1/2 miles, 47 minutes, its closest? Coldwater, is a mere 15 miles away
Competively , they would fit in the NWC but the travel to the NWC schools would be ridiculous especially for jr high events in the middle of the week
Bluffton, OH is twice as far from Parkway as Bluffton, IN, but somehow all these people still think Parkway is this great geographic fit for the NWC.

Again, Parkway is a great geographic fit for Crestview, Lincolnview, and Spencerville. If you want to throw Delphos Jefferson in there, too, sure. But that's it.

Records won’t matter has much starting next season with the expanded playoffs. So 6-4 vs 8-2 is moot outside of seeding.
I have said it before, I thought the move was strange,(Leipsic leaving) but I don’t have an association with these schools. I am sure in their eyes the NWC offers stability and that was worth some extra commuting.
One thing I would say is that if Leipsic felt under prepared for the playoffs they could up their non conference games. Carey and CG are great Small local schools, but when McComb is doing Home and Home with Marion Local (several years ago) and adding D5 Lake this year it might explain their extra success. Even North Baltimore has been scheduling Ostego and Elmwood, both much larger schools.

Bluffton, OH is twice as far from Parkway as Bluffton, IN, but somehow all these people still think Parkway is this great geographic fit for the NWC.

Again, Parkway is a great geographic fit for Crestview, Lincolnview, and Spencerville. If you want to throw Delphos Jefferson in there, too, sure. But that's it.

That was more of the point to start something different than the current NWC is why it was brought up.

It was my understanding that Elmwood was supposed to discuss the BVC invitation at last night's board meeting. I've heard nothing as of yet on that discussion.

Leipsic, Arlington were invited to the BVC. From my understanding Leipsic was in 100% from the get go, and Arlington was on the fence and cancelled their meeting the day of and backed out. McComb would have been the next one if Arlington would have gone.

The BVC invited Elmwood a month or so ago but it is on the table. Elmwood administration said it was not actively exploring for a new league but will do its due diligence about going a new conference.

If Elmwood goes I could see the NBC breaking apart, Woodmore would be by far the smallest at that point and they struggle to compete in anything. Rossford's enrollment is skyrocketing.

Leipsic, Arlington were invited to the BVC. From my understanding Leipsic was in 100% from the get go, and Arlington was on the fence and cancelled their meeting the day of and backed out. McComb would have been the next one if Arlington would have gone.
Assume you mean NWC?

The BVC invited Elmwood a month or so ago but it is on the table. Elmwood administration said it was not actively exploring for a new league but will do its due diligence about going a new conference.

If Elmwood goes I could see the NBC breaking apart, Woodmore would be by far the smallest at that point and they struggle to compete in anything. Rossford's enrollment is skyrocketing.

maumee to the nbc in place of woodmore?

Expect another BVC school to jump ship to the NWC by the end of the school year.

What the heck are they waiting for? Other than possibility of the BVC adding a member that would want them to stay - which seems like a pretty dumb reason to stay if you're already thinking about leaving - what is going to change between now and then as far as BVC and NWC for the future?

No they did not, the NBC asked them to hold off while they created their own proposal most likely a big school/small school set up. But, I am not sure what Elmwood is hoping for, the NBC has 1 D4, 1D6 and everyone else including them is D5. So who even knows if they would would end up in the smaller side of this set up. They just need to decide if they want to play smaller schools = BVC or school their size and larger = NBC.

At this point I would expect both Vanlue and CR not to have an 11 man teams next year. Not sure how that will impact BVC going forward.

I agree vanlue and CR not playing 11 man would be a win for both parties.

On the NBC front I did hear Van Buren got an invite to join and not LB. I would think competition and size both schools should entertain talking with the NBC. LB could compete for sure which is why they may not have received an invite. VB would struggle in most especially football considering they requested to play the lower teams this year with being the 2nd largest school in the league if VB is afraid of playing the better teams in the BVC the NBC football teams would be even harder.