Legendary Broadcaster Joe Tait Passed Away

Just...wow. The voice in my transistor radio in my childhood that stayed with me well into adulthood. You always felt you were actually there with Joe.

Terry Pluto wrote an article this past weekend that subtly told us the end was near for Joe. I've missed that voice since the second it left the air. There will never be another Joe Tait.

Last edited:
Just...wow. The voice in my transistor radio in my childhood that stayed with me well into adulthood. You always felt you were actually there with Joe.

Terry Pluto wrote an article this past weekend that subtly told us the end was near for Joe. I've missed that voice since the second it left the air. There will never be another Joe Tate.
Exactly !!!!!The same transistor radio while shooting baskets and listening to the Cavalier games with Joe as a kid. In the words of Mr. Joe Tate as he signed off after each post game wrap up......" Have a good night everybody'' !!!

One of the last solo sports broadcasters, not only could he describe the action but he could also comment on it with great knowledge. No way would an ESPN allow that these days.

I really wanted him to be on the mic for that game 7 in Golden State. That would have been epic considering the journey we took with him over the decades. No offense to Austin Carr and Fred McLeod R.I.P. Maybe they are comparing notes right now. Fred's ties and Joe's sweaters. ?

Can anyone back up this story - rarely talked about publicly- I attended an event where Joe discussed at our table that he had a ghost living in his home.