Legacy Christian recruiting

This would be a much closer dual match up than the finals were in D3 this past year. Possibly coming down to one match like in D1 and D2 were last year. Those finals matches were so much fun to watch. Edison was a runaway winner against Waynedale, Legacy would be a much different situation and would be an excellent match up.

Please keep Milan Edison out of your posts. If anyone has a question or comment about the program please contact me directly. We are not a program that is going to call out other programs or put interviews online talking about how we are better than other programs. We worry about Milan Edison and respect everyone else as a competitor. This program has never been respected in the rankings and that doesn't bother us a bit. We were a huge underdog in 2017 when we beat Mechanicsburg to win the state championship. We were ranked 3rd last year behind two other D3 schools. We went 34-0 in duals and beat some very quality opponents along the way. Never once did we talk about another program and how we felt we were better than them. Our kids, parents, and coaches believe we can beat anyone but we won't sit around and call people out on social media. Instead we will train like we always have and see what happens on the weekend! If we get beat it will be by a team that is better than us and we won't make excuses. I wish everyone the best of luck next season if we are able to wrestle.

David Hermes
Milan Edison Head Coach
2012, 2017, 2019 Division III State Dual Champions
Outstanding coach, finally someone with some common sense:)

With all due respect to Coach Hermes, your team doesn't stand a chance to beat Legacy out for the D3 title this year. I'm sure you guys take pride in your program, but you will never be able to compete with the monster Jason Brown has created in Xenia, Ohio. These guys train 340 days a year probably and Jason's full time job is building the program. He is probably the best wrestling parent in Ohio and knows what he is doing! They had a bunch of hired guns a couple years ago, but he chose to move them all down the road. At the time, it seemed like Legacy was falling apart, but I have to give major credit to JB. He got rid of every problem family & decided to surround himself with a bunch of 2nd tier level wrestlers that hadn't accomplished much in grade school or middle school. Seems like a knock, but the end result has been incredible as Jason Brown is now the clear leader on the Legacy campus with a bunch of quality Indians following him. He has taken a bunch of average kids and turned them into flat out studs! Both the kids & parents have bought in and they have trained like crazy. Everyone harps on the program for recruiting, but all I see is Jason Brown turning every day kids into hammers! Say what you want, but Gavin Brown is one of the top 5, pound for pound, wrestlers in the State of Ohio, regardless of division. The kid is legit and his dad has done an incredible job with him! Gavin is the clear & confident leader of that team and the other kids know it! Jason Brown is building a true "legacy" that is going to do damage for years to come! I had my doubts for a while, but they have made me a true believer! They will be nationally ranked in the next year or two, guaranteed.
With all due respect, you showed no respect, he asked not to talk about his team or school, you choose not to, this is a major problem we're experiencing throughout our country, do what you are told or asked to do, unreal....

In light of new developments looks like Legacy is the team to beat now in D3.
Nobody's considering Miami East or Marion Pleasant. Both teams should be good dual teams also. Versailles was in the hunt last year also. Milan Edison was very good last year, they should be really good again, Legacy has a very strong lineup this year so it should be very fun to watch. Good to see D3 fielding some tough teams

Please keep Milan Edison out of your posts. If anyone has a question or comment about the program please contact me directly. We are not a program that is going to call out other programs or put interviews online talking about how we are better than other programs. We worry about Milan Edison and respect everyone else as a competitor. This program has never been respected in the rankings and that doesn't bother us a bit. We were a huge underdog in 2017 when we beat Mechanicsburg to win the state championship. We were ranked 3rd last year behind two other D3 schools. We went 34-0 in duals and beat some very quality opponents along the way. Never once did we talk about another program and how we felt we were better than them. Our kids, parents, and coaches believe we can beat anyone but we won't sit around and call people out on social media. Instead we will train like we always have and see what happens on the weekend! If we get beat it will be by a team that is better than us and we won't make excuses. I wish everyone the best of luck next season if we are able to wrestle.

David Hermes
Milan Edison Head Coach
2012, 2017, 2019 Division III State Dual Champions

Much Respect for Coach Hermes and Milan Edison.