LeBron: "Wherever Bronny is at, that’s where I’ll be"

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
LeBron James said the final year of his NBA career will be played with his oldest son, Bronny.

"My last year will be played with my son," James told Jason Lloyd of The Athletic. "Wherever Bronny is at, that’s where I’ll be. I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year. It’s not about the money at that point."

Seems like Bronny is not a lock to make the NBA but having Dad come along as a package might sweeten the pot for a team if LeBron doesn't slip too much these next couple seasons.

The sad part about it, there will be a team that takes his son to get Lebron. They say having Lebron on your team brings in 65mm a year. This would be even greater in a farewell tour type of season. They say his sons draft stock is dropping....this will obviously improve it greatly. Hes putting his son in a bad spot.

Seems like Bronny is not a lock to make the NBA but having Dad come along as a package might sweeten the pot for a team if LeBron doesn't slip too much these next couple seasons.

I don’t think anybody can guarantee they’d be on the same squad? If Bronny were to start a career he could be drafted by a different team than the Lakers? In which case, they’d both be NBA players, just wouldn’t be together?

The point was that LeBron will be a free agent and will follow his son to whatever team drafts him.

But will lebron play for the League minimum? Maybe only way a Team could afford at that point.
I think LeBron would be willing to play for less than his current rate if it meant his son got an opportunity to play in the NBA, especially if his son is scouted as less than NBA worthy at the time of the draft.

I wonder if he's willing to play in Grand Rapids, Canton or Greensboro. It's pretty presumptuous at this point to assume his kid's going to be in the NBA.
Right now, there’s no way in hell he’s an NBA prospect. He might become one after a few yrs of development in college, but LeBron would only hurt his son’s career by trying to rush him into the League.

This is again another ploy by LeBron to get his kid drafted. As we all know, the NBA just bows down to players wishes. First of all, if, IF Bronny gets on an NBA roster, that TEAM will decide if they want to bring in LeBron or not. If it's a potential contender, do you really want to bring him in that locker room, even temporarily.
I find it amusing that LeBron has floated out there he may want to return to Cleveland. The Cavs have taken years to rebuild and want nothing to do with him.

Right now, there’s no way in hell he’s an NBA prospect. He might become one after a few yrs of development in college, but LeBron would only hurt his son’s career by trying to rush him into the League.
He don't need no edjewcashun.

He don't need no edjewcashun.

The kid is far from uneducated. My son went to school with Bronny until they left Cleveland and the family definitely took education seriously. He's no honor student, but he's not stupid by any means.

I agree with everyone here, though - while he could be an NBA prospect at some point, I don't think he's a one-and-done talent. I'm sure he'll be heading to one of the major D1 programs (Duke and OSU are always mentioned), so there's the chance he can develop. But I agree that he might need a couple years in college first.

The sad part about it, there will be a team that takes his son to get Lebron. They say having Lebron on your team brings in 65mm a year. This would be even greater in a farewell tour type of season. They say his sons draft stock is dropping....this will obviously improve it greatly. Hes putting his son in a bad spot.
That's what I thought when I saw this circus. One, How old is he. Two, Does he plan to go to college (where?) or is he trying to skip the NCAA? Is he good enough?

That's what I thought when I saw this circus. One, How old is he. Two, Does he plan to go to college (where?) or is he trying to skip the NCAA? Is he good enough?
He's 17 and a junior this year. Last I've heard, his top 4 schools right now are Ohio St., Duke, Texas and Tennessee.

He's 17 and a junior this year. Last I've heard, his top 4 schools right now are Ohio St., Duke, Texas and Tennessee.

That’s like Eddie Haskell saying he and his dad “Are keeping an eye on both Annapolis and MIT”

That’s like Eddie Haskell saying he and his dad “Are keeping an eye on both Annapolis and MIT”
From what I understand, he’s already got offers from Duke and OSU, at a minimum. He’s not NBA ready yet, but he is a 4 star prospect right now.

Ok, going to just throw some things out there. Imagine being LeBron's kid. You have NO worries ever of income. LeBron's family is set for generations. So what's the carrot? Is Bronny as competitive as LeBron? Does he love basketball? Has he got to where he's at today because of his skill level, or because of his dad?
If you're a college coach, and Bronny wants to come to your school, do you really want that? As a coach, you are now exposed to 24/7 ridicule, you are going to be influenced by LeBron, weather you want it or not. As we know, when LeBron's invovled, it's his way or the hyway, and generally when he exits, it's a dumpster fire. Cleveland once, Miami, Cleveland twice and now LA. The Lakers may not recover from LeBron's failings for a decade. They have no draft picks and no one wants go there and play for LeBron.

Ok, going to just throw some things out there. Imagine being LeBron's kid. You have NO worries ever of income. LeBron's family is set for generations. So what's the carrot? Is Bronny as competitive as LeBron? Does he love basketball? Has he got to where he's at today because of his skill level, or because of his dad?
If you're a college coach, and Bronny wants to come to your school, do you really want that? As a coach, you are now exposed to 24/7 ridicule, you are going to be influenced by LeBron, weather you want it or not. As we know, when LeBron's invovled, it's his way or the hyway, and generally when he exits, it's a dumpster fire. Cleveland once, Miami, Cleveland twice and now LA. The Lakers may not recover from LeBron's failings for a decade. They have no draft picks and no one wants go there and play for LeBron.
That kid will be in the transfer portal at the end of each semester.

That kid will be in the transfer portal at the end of each semester.
And it's not fair to Bronny, but this is one of those rare situations where the Dad has injected himself into the narrative. So many times today, I see/ hear of kids in college and I didn't even know it. Larry Nance's son is at Northwestern and I didn't even know it until midway through this season. No comparing the two, but for many, even star athletes you just don't hear about their kids.

This is again another ploy by LeBron to get his kid drafted. As we all know, the NBA just bows down to players wishes. First of all, if, IF Bronny gets on an NBA roster, that TEAM will decide if they want to bring in LeBron or not. If it's a potential contender, do you really want to bring him in that locker room, even temporarily.
I find it amusing that LeBron has floated out there he may want to return to Cleveland. The Cavs have taken years to rebuild and want nothing to do with him.
No way they let that egotistic clown show 2.1 back in CLE.

I would not let them anywhere near my program as a coach. The juice I'd get from the player isn't worth the squeeze in the media from the dad. Every time he doesn't get his way, LeBoob will be whispering to someone. Screw that.