LeBron James High School Football Video against Hoban (2001)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Last edited:

The same thing said about lebron is being said about a WR committed to OSU from Massillon ... I’m not going to hate on Lebron seeing as he was playing football for fun and not a career move ... STVM was Div 4 or 5 at the time .... he also played basketball year round never really time to train or take football seriously and Urban Meyer still thought he was worth the scholarship offer to ND ..... Thank you for posting the vid !!!

The same thing said about lebron is being said about a WR committed to OSU from Massillon ... I’m not going to hate on Lebron seeing as he was playing football for fun and not a career move ... STVM was Div 4 or 5 at the time .... he also played basketball year round never really time to train or take football seriously and Urban Meyer still thought he was worth the scholarship offer to ND ..... Thank you for posting the vid !!!
I saw the same thing about the lack of being physical. He took most plays off but was enough of a threat to change the game. IF he had focused on football, I suspect he could have been a great receiver. Some of what I saw made it look like he was just a great athlete that was playing the game purely for fun. I wish we could get more kids to do that. Some of the best receivers I've seen over the last couple decades were basketball players that played football for fun.

I saw the same thing about the lack of being physical. He took most plays off but was enough of a threat to change the game. IF he had focused on football, I suspect he could have been a great receiver. Some of what I saw made it look like he was just a great athlete that was playing the game purely for fun. I wish we could get more kids to do that. Some of the best receivers I've seen over the last couple decades were basketball players that played football for fun.
Your right !!! I still wish Romeo Travis took Football seriously to this day !

??

It was nice to watch a game between two good teams, both teams grinding it out and the refs keeping their flags in their pockets. And LeBron definitely chose the right sport.

This LBJ fan on Twitter tried to say that SVSM would've beaten Warren G. Harding in 2001 in football. I seriously doubt that.

LBJ has always been a phenomenal athlete though. Needless to say, he chose the right sport.

This LBJ fan on Twitter tried to say that SVSM would've beaten Warren G. Harding in 2001 in football. I seriously doubt that.

LBJ has always been a phenomenal athlete though. Needless to say, he chose the right sport.
STVM would have gotten twacked !!! STVM was. Division 4 team with Lebron being the star player you can’t run go rotes all game especially with Warren Harding throwing STVM Oline man into the QB every play ... I Love Lebron but he would only be able to do so much

I’ve heard multiple college coaches say LeBron had the best high school highlight film they had ever seen.

Off-topic, but another player who was talked about with the greatest highlight tape was Allen Iverson.

Both phenomenal athletes who chose the right sport.

I’ve heard multiple college coaches say LeBron had the best high school highlight film they had ever seen.

Off-topic, but another player who was talked about with the greatest highlight tape was Allen Iverson.

Both phenomenal athletes who chose the right sport.

His highlight film obviously didn’t include much from those Hoban games because he looked terrible. Dude would have gotten wrecked in major FBS level ball. Waaayyy too soft.

His highlight film obviously didn’t include much from those Hoban games because he looked terrible. Dude would have gotten wrecked in major FBS level ball. Waaayyy too soft.
He was the only offensive threat STVM had ...... I played against him.... he is everything but soft

He was the only offensive threat STVM had ...... I played against him.... he is everything but soft

LOL maybe you were just softer? If he had “the best high school highlight film” ever, he should have been able to make a few more plays against freaking 2001 Hoban.

I’ll tell ya what...when there’s a full LeBron high school football highlight film on the internet we can compare it to the REAL 4 and 5 star WRs of years past and then we’ll judge. Because if you watched those tapes and had no idea it was LeBron, all you would see is a very tall kid with decent athleticism, poor fundamentals and zero physicality.

Is there a chance he could have developed into a good college WR? Maybe. But this talk about him being one of the greatest high school receivers ever is absurd.

I’ll tell ya what...when there’s a full LeBron high school football highlight film on the internet we can compare it to the REAL 4 and 5 star WRs of years past and then we’ll judge. Because if you watched those tapes and had no idea it was LeBron, all you would see is a very tall kid with decent athleticism, poor fundamentals and zero physicality.

Is there a chance he could have developed into a good college WR? Maybe. But this talk about him being one of the greatest high school receivers ever is absurd.
No one ever said he was the greatest Wr ever ... where did you pull that from ?! .... his highlights are great for a kid who played Football just because his friends played and still dominated 1300 yards and 16tds doesn’t usually happen for a decent athlete that got double teamed ... if I’m not physical... I doubt I’m playing football

No one ever said he was the greatest Wr ever ... where did you pull that from ?! .... his highlights are great for a kid who played Football just because his friends played and still dominated 1300 yards and 16tds doesn’t usually happen for a decent athlete that got double teamed ... if I’m not physical... I doubt I’m playing football

Lol what plays did he make on that film that were “physical”? And what highlights are so great? If you have more please share them. I’ll wait...

those of you talking trash about arguably one of the greatest athletes alive...unreal

Football and basketball are two VERY different sports. That should be obvious to anyone that knows anything about said sports. And I’m not denying that he’s one of the greatest basketball players of all time. Just speaking the truth that his football skills were very overrated.

Lol what plays did he make on that film that were “physical”? And what highlights are so great? If you have more please share them. I’ll wait...
Your argument sounds personal like he didn’t sign an autograph or something ... people that get paid to scout and coaches that won national championships decided he was worth a scholarship ... and his 17 year and counting NBA first ballot Hall of Fame career speaks to that “not physical” or “decent athlete” you sound butt hurt that people have the audacity to speak highly of him as an athlete...

Your argument sounds personal like he didn’t sign an autograph or something ... people that get paid to scout and coaches that won national championships decided he was worth a scholarship ... and his 17 year and counting NBA first ballot Hall of Fame career speaks to that “not physical” or “decent athlete” you sound butt hurt that people have the audacity to speak highly of him as an athlete...

I’m looking at the tape objectively. You’re the the one that sounds butthurt lmao.

Your watching a game tape .... of one game ..... hate to tell you but a lot of those 4 star and 5 star guys you speak of game tapes look like this until you make a highlight tape ...

Your watching a game tape .... of one game ..... hate to tell you but a lot of those 4 star and 5 star guys you speak of game tapes look like this until you make a highlight tape ...

So you’re conceding that the film above was unimpressive? And do those same 4 and 5 star guys jog off the line on run plays, whiff on blocks all game and generally avoid contact? And I’m still waiting on those great highlights you mentioned earlier....