Least favorite bands/artists

TroyTrojan05

Got me to thinking today. For whatever reason our radio station at work is set to 107.7 which is basically a list of migraine music. Hear the same 20 songs over and over pretty much. Nickelback just played and I had to walk out of the room. So my top 10 bands or artists I can't tolerate....

Nickelback
Florida Georgia Line
Bruno Mars
Taylor Swift
John Mayer
Drake
Katy Perry

* I did not list any new age main stream rap/hip hop groups or artists other than Drake because I personally can't name them all. But they are all pretty miserable outside of Kendrick Lamar.

Of "new" rappers I think J Cole is the best.

Also good to know you can count to 10 ;)

I dislike all on your list. I would add Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Halsey, any mainstream country act, Cardi B, Ariana Grande. Pretty much anything you probably hear on that station.

Lol figured someone would catch that. I started to name rappers but there’s too many so I stopped at 7.

I think you may need to find new employment or lead a workers revolt over the radio being played

Got me to thinking today. For whatever reason our radio station at work is set to 107.7 which is basically a list of migraine music. Hear the same 20 songs over and over pretty much. Nickelback just played and I had to walk out of the room. So my top 10 bands or artists I can't tolerate....

Nickelback
Florida Georgia Line
Bruno Mars
Taylor Swift
John Mayer
Drake
Katy Perry

* I did not list any new age main stream rap/hip hop groups or artists other than Drake because I personally can't name them all. But they are all pretty miserable outside of Kendrick Lamar.

interesting list

While they are not personal favorites, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, and even John Mayer are all extremely talented. Katy Perry has an epic set of ya-bos. Where are your priorities in deciding what's tolerable?!?

interesting list

While they are not personal favorites, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, and even John Mayer are all extremely talented. Katy Perry has an epic set of ya-bos. Where are your priorities in deciding what's tolerable?!?

I actually like a lot of people that most cannot stand. For instance I love Lady Gaga. Super talented and has an amazing voice. I’m not denying those above names are talented. Just don’t like it. Cant pinpoint it. I must say thought I’d rather drive a knife into my eye socket than listen to Nickelback. And Florida Georgia Line is basically the nickelback of country.

I am also that person who doesn’t like the Beatles. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Nickelback
Florida Georgia Line
Bruno Mars
Taylor Swift
John Mayer
Drake
Katy Perry

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ojvSuhAko

Think you forgot Justin Beiber, Selena Gomez, Ed Sheeran, Kesha, Marshmello, Maroon 5, Mariah Carey, Miley Cyrus, 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jennifer Lopez ... really, the list is endless.

Think you forgot Justin Beiber, Selena Gomez, Ed Sheeran, Kesha, Marshmello, Maroon 5, Mariah Carey, Miley Cyrus, 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jennifer Lopez ... really, the list is endless.

I like Biebs actually lol. I did also forget about Ed Sheeran and Maroon 5. God they are awful.

Never really understood the mass hatred of Nickelback. Hating them became the cool thing to do. They're just your typical radio rock band.

I hate Bruno Mars' attitude towards women. Quit telling them they are amazing just the way they are. Yet we wonder why people like Ashley Graham are models

Nickelback
Florida Georgia Line
Bruno Mars
Taylor Swift
John Mayer
Drake
Katy Perry

Interesting list.

There really are some talented folks on there, I just think they may be getting some bad advice from their MGMT team and if they went in another direction they might make less $s but show there true artistic creativity. In particular Taylor Swift is one heck of a song writer and right up there with Mick Jagger, Bono, and Garth Brooks in the category of commanding a stadium sized crowd to the point the person in the last row is just as entertained as the person in the first. The Ryan Adams album that covered "1989" is great way to hear Taylor's lyrics stripped away from the over produced versions on her album, hopefully in a few years she matures and dumps the pop thing and just goes back to making music without the pressure to put it into any nice neat category.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sndW_dDy-s8

Another from the list to call out is John Mayer. Pre mental breakdown he was a complete jerk but decent writer that is arguably the best rock/pop guitarist under 40. In the past 5 years he has reboot his career as the light-hearted musician that doesn't take himself too seriously, this includes gigs with Dave Chapelle doing stand up along with him playing guitar as well as being the best post Garcia guitarists with the remaining Grateful Dead members. Nothing screams more casual than playing Hendrix at a major festival in your PJs and a robe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M15YcU22QCA

I hate Bruno Mars' attitude towards women. Quit telling them they are amazing just the way they are. Yet we wonder why people like Ashley Graham are models

Ashley Graham is smoking hot! Gotta love a beautiful face on a curvy body! But I agree Bruno is on my list of least favorites.

I agree that Taylor Swift is a talented song writer and my wife took my daughter to one of her concerts and said she put on an awesome show, but her music is not for me either.

Never understood the Nickelback hatred either. I've always liked them and I've asked many a people why they are so down on them and I usually just get the because they suck answer. I agree hating them seemed like a trendy thing to do.

Dave Matthews band gets zero air-time on any radio I listen to.

I am pretty much down on most of the main-stream pop music and pop country. Luke Bryan is a great example, gets almost no play time outside of a song or two. But I kind of like Florida Georgia Line.

Any of these mumble rap/auto tune rappers are on the list. I love hip hop but I would rather have a root canal than listen to 5 minutes of Lil Yachty, Lil Pump, Lil Xan, or Lil anything mumbling about their face tattoos.

My quick list:

- Queen: I understand that Freddie was this great entertainer but I just cannot get by the super flamboyant personality and the bombastic arrangements of the tunes.

- Madonna: Most self indulgent celebrity there ever was and the music was not that great either. Bad combo.

- Florida Georgia Line: Not too many country artists come across as in-authentic, these guys do.

Not at all. I've never liked them. They have their own unique sound. And its depressing

Same here - Nickelback sounds like Nickelback, and I don't like the sound of their music. A few other strong dislikes of mine that others seem to love:

Creed (see: Nickelback)
Nirvana
John Legend

Same here - Nickelback sounds like Nickelback, and I don't like the sound of their music. A few other strong dislikes of mine that others seem to love:

Creed (see: Nickelback)
Nirvana
John Legend

I like Nirvana and John Legend. I think John Legend has a great voice but I could see how someone would not like it. It's a different type of music that some ppl are not accustomed to.

A popular band I never got was Rolling Stones. They suck aside from like 2 songs(Gimme' Shelter, Paint It Black).

Pink! - God awful songs.
Bruno Mars - Highly derivative. Obviously has talent but should utilize it to be original.
Rhianna - Made some of the dumbest songs I've ever heard.
Cardi B - Didn't like that style when it was Nikki Minaj and nothing about her has changed my mind.
Shawn Mendes - Voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.