League Options for Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's stop with the bashing. Massillon City Schools had a C grade last year, which was an improvement. Jackson had a B and most of the rest on this discussion had C's too, so Massillon is probably doing as well as a school with its poverty rate could hope to do. Any district with high poverty rates, which Massillon has is going to have a hard time getting a better score. The exceptions to this are Steubenville and Girard. Those are the two highest rated schools after socio economics is factored in. More districts need to go and visit those two districts to see what they are doing. I don't know why the FED would not take them. The only sport that Massillon is great in is football. They do okay in the other sports, but clearly Perry and Jackson would dominate them in basketball and wrestling. I'm not sure about girl sports or track and field, but I'll bet Massillon's soccer teams, tennis teams, cross country teams, baseball teams, etc. would not dominate the league. In fact, the Tigers may be dominated by the other schools in the league. So what it comes down to is football. Being an independent in those other sports is tough. When you're in a conference, the league fills in most of the games with home and home series. It has got to be a pain to try and fill those schedules, so to say Massillon doesn't want in a league is just a lie. I think the FED should take them despite the bad blood. If they take them, the league will become more familiar with the Tigers, and that will result in victories over time. It would also take a lot of the mystique away from the Tigers, which would lead to fewer students opting to go there to play football instead of just staying home. There would be more upsets of Massillon if they were in the FED. Massillon usually schedules a cream puff before it plays a tough game. If they had to play Perry the week before McK, that would give them a problem. It would be more difficult to win. The obvious fit for Massillon is the FED and to reject them makes the FED look bad because other than football, Massillon would not dominate any sport in the conference. Massillon is the perfect fit for that league in every way. If you can't beat them in football, play them a while and you may learn how to beat them.

Okay, let's stop with the bashing. Massillon City Schools had a C grade last year, which was an improvement. Jackson had a B and most of the rest on this discussion had C's too, so Massillon is probably doing as well as a school with its poverty rate could hope to do. Any district with high poverty rates, which Massillon has is going to have a hard time getting a better score. The exceptions to this are Steubenville and Girard. Those are the two highest rated schools after socio economics is factored in. More districts need to go and visit those two districts to see what they are doing. I don't know why the FED would not take them. The only sport that Massillon is great in is football. They do okay in the other sports, but clearly Perry and Jackson would dominate them in basketball and wrestling. I'm not sure about girl sports or track and field, but I'll bet Massillon's soccer teams, tennis teams, cross country teams, baseball teams, etc. would not dominate the league. In fact, the Tigers may be dominated by the other schools in the league. So what it comes down to is football. Being an independent in those other sports is tough. When you're in a conference, the league fills in most of the games with home and home series. It has got to be a pain to try and fill those schedules, so to say Massillon doesn't want in a league is just a lie. I think the FED should take them despite the bad blood. If they take them, the league will become more familiar with the Tigers, and that will result in victories over time. It would also take a lot of the mystique away from the Tigers, which would lead to fewer students opting to go there to play football instead of just staying home. There would be more upsets of Massillon if they were in the FED. Massillon usually schedules a cream puff before it plays a tough game. If they had to play Perry the week before McK, that would give them a problem. It would be more difficult to win. The obvious fit for Massillon is the FED and to reject them makes the FED look bad because other than football, Massillon would not dominate any sport in the conference. Massillon is the perfect fit for that league in every way. If you can't beat them in football, play them a while and you may learn how to beat them.

You should know better than to try to interject a thoughtful argument into a P!$$!ng contest.

I also forgot to talk about all of the McK championships in basketball and track. I'm pretty sure they would dominate Massillon in those sports, but McK still plays in a league and has to grind it out of the FED. I know Massillon followers think it would not be tough, but give some of those teams time to adjust and Massillon might find themselves being upset by a Lake or Perry. Of course, it will never happen because the FED won't get over the obvious hatred of Massillon.

I also forgot to talk about all of the McK championships in basketball and track. I'm pretty sure they would dominate Massillon in those sports, but McK still plays in a league and has to grind it out of the FED. I know Massillon followers think it would not be tough, but give some of those teams time to adjust and Massillon might find themselves being upset by a Lake or Perry. Of course, it will never happen because the FED won't get over the obvious hatred of Massillon.
You think the Fed liked McK? They've earned the respect of the Fed on the field/court. Nobody like Massillon because they think they are something that they're not...Champions.

Outside of huge geographic issues, the GCC has Mentor, and the Paper Tigers want nothing to do with them. I think the only two viable league options for Massillon are:

A. Dover, New Phil, Louisville, Wooster and pick up one other team to form a 6 team league
B. Boardman, Fitch, Louisville, Canfield, Harding, Alliance, and Massillon

Academically Massillon fits more in line with the Akron City Schools, plus they like to schedule the weaker Akron City schools
I actually asked you this before and got no answer. Please tell us the number of times your school has scheduled Mentor, Ignatius, St. Ed, Elder and Moeller. Maybe you'll answer this time.

Additionally Massillon puts all their eggs in one basket and still can't get it done.

You
I actually asked you this before and got no answer. Please tell us the number of times your school has scheduled Mentor, Ignatius, St. Ed, Elder and Moeller. Maybe you'll answer this time.
You could schedule all Akron City schools and end up at the same place. No Title

They've had MANY years to adjust, they can't get it done against the Tigers. How. Any more years to adjust do you think they need? I've been told that during the Jason Hall regime, the talk on here was that the Fed "caught up" to Massillon, now we hear that they need some time.

They've had MANY years to adjust, they can't get it done against the Tigers. How. Any more years to adjust do you think they need? I've been told that during the Jason Hall regime, the talk on here was that the Fed "caught up" to Massillon, now we hear that they need some time.
Maybe if you win one, we'll let you in.

So....playing Massillon multiple times in football will give the nerf league the recipe to beat Massillon but they will dominate us in other sports? Why wouldn't us playing Jackson multiple times give us the recipe to beat them consistently? Why wouldn't us upsetting Perry in wrestling take some of their mystique away and keep kids from Texas, California, Russia, Carrollton, St. Paris Graham from going there?

This is about football, only football.

Your analysis, with the exception of MCSD’s “C” Grade, is very faulty. Your examples that you gave, for the most part are laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.