League Options for Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son, go get a job. Or something. ANYTHING. Just stop the moronic obsession.

As usual, can't answer the question, so you once again have to try to demean the poster. It's sad that you cannot have a discussion without resorting to name calling, but that's what small minded people resort to when they cannot answer a question, or don't like the question. We would love to hear a coherent answer from you on what league do you feel would be a viable option for Massillon since we can assume that the Admin is shopping for league membership.

As usual, can't answer the question, so you once again have to try to demean the poster. It's sad that you cannot have a discussion without resorting to name calling, but that's what small minded people resort to when they cannot answer a question, or don't like the question. We would love to hear a coherent answer from you on what league do you feel would be a viable option for Massillon since we can assume that the Admin is shopping for league membership.
Wishful thinking but being coherent is not something I would link to Egret

To actually address the issue, the logical spot geographically for Massillon in a league would be the FED, but due to decades old rivalries and animosities that's not happening. The next logical league based on school size and geography was the Suburban, and that's been shot down. At this juncture, the only other logical solution would be to poach teams from other leagues (e.g. Barberton, Wadsworth, Wooster, Medina, Green, etc.) and try to put something together but that's nearly impossible if those schools are happy with their current situations. As such, they are stuck with remaining an independent, which from some perspectives, like flexibility in scheduling, isn't all bad.

To actually address the issue, the logical spot geographically for Massillon in a league would be the FED, but due to decades old rivalries and animosities that's not happening. The next logical league based on school size and geography was the Suburban, and that's been shot down. At this juncture, the only other logical solution would be to poach teams from other leagues (e.g. Barberton, Wadsworth, Wooster, Medina, Green, etc.) and try to put something together but that's nearly impossible if those schools are happy with their current situations. As such, they are stuck with remaining an independent, which from some perspectives, like flexibility in scheduling, isn't all bad.
Not sure why you added Green, lol.

All the teams in both leagues are inferior.

The Tigers’ all-time winning percentage against the Federal League is 80% and the Suburban League is 86%. ? In addition, Massillon’s actual record versus the SL is 50–8-2. Barberton has 7 of those wins!!!!

Last edited:
The Tigers’ all-time winning percentage against the Federal League is 80% and the Suburban League is 86%. ? In addition, Massillon’s actual record versus the SL is 50–8-2. Barberton has 7 of those wins!!!!
Massillon is 52-13 all time against the "nerf" league....39-7 when you take McKinley out.

Massillon is 52-13 all time against the "nerf" league....39-7 when you take McKinley out.
Wow very impressive. How many Playoff State Titles over that time period? "The Best team to never win a playoff Title." That is one catchy slogan. Put that on signs on the way into Massillon. Do you have titles in any other sports by chance?

Yet, you applied to the inferior conferences, is Massillon getting desperate to join a league? Massillon also like the teams in the Suburban League have zero state titles....WAR LASALLE

Serious question for Tiger fans, do you think Massillon would consider joining the GCC?

Outside of huge geographic issues, the GCC has Mentor, and the Paper Tigers want nothing to do with them. I think the only two viable league options for Massillon are:

A. Dover, New Phil, Louisville, Wooster and pick up one other team to form a 6 team league
B. Boardman, Fitch, Louisville, Canfield, Harding, Alliance, and Massillon

Academically Massillon fits more in line with the Akron City Schools, plus they like to schedule the weaker Akron City schools

Outside of huge geographic issues, the GCC has Mentor, and the Paper Tigers want nothing to do with them. I think the only two viable league options for Massillon are:

A. Dover, New Phil, Louisville, Wooster and pick up one other team to form a 6 team league

Academically Massillon fits more in line with the Akron City Schools, plus they like to schedule the weaker Akron City schools
That's actually an insult to the Akron City Schools...

I thought I said the Federal League but if I didn't it's obviously the most viable choice because of neighboring rivalries, proximity for travel, et all. Having said that, I also said I believe the majority of Massillon POSTERS are against it. So, I hope that helps and you can now move on with life.

Yet, you applied to the inferior conferences, is Massillon getting desperate to join a league? Massillon also like the teams in the Suburban League have zero state titles....WAR LASALLE

Why do you keep saying desperate? I swear some of you people are just delusional or the COVID-19 initiatives just have you battier than he!!.

I thought I said the Federal League but if I didn't it's obviously the most viable choice because of neighboring rivalries, proximity for travel, et all. Having said that, I also said I believe the majority of Massillon POSTERS are against it. So, I hope that helps and you can now move on with life.
Thanks for answering that question. Would you care to answer the question on reading and math proficiency or lack thereof at MWHS?

LOL!

Thanks for answering that question. Would you care to answer the question on reading and math proficiency or lack thereof at MWHS?
There are those more qualified than me that can probably answer that. The obvious reasons certainly apply.

There are those more qualified than me that can probably answer that. The obvious reasons certainly apply.
Can you get those more qualified to answer? I'd even settle for an attempt. Really curious about the "obvious reasons."

Status
Not open for further replies.