League Options for Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed’s Iggy, Mentor, Euclid, Massilon and Solon. All are or will be struggling for games. Make this a football only conference and move on. Now you only need to find games weeks 1-5.

That's cool you are proud of your school and town. Why do you come on here and give everyone the impression you're just a bunch of uneducated Neanderthals?
First of all the stats on education don't lie. It is really quite pathetic and sad. I get that they're proud of what happened long ago before many were born but degrading all the other local programs (some who have titles) when they've not won on the field is also sad and pathetic. Be proud of your program wins, I congratulate you on those. Be a bit more humble about the wins but no title and maybe everyone wouldn't dislike you so much.

Okay, contrary to what we were told by the so-called insiders that insisted that Massillon wasn't interested in joining a league, it appears that are insiders were wrong, since Massillon does seem to have an appetite to join a league with their denied application to the Suburban League. With that said, what leagues are options to Massillon?

1. Federal League
While on paper this seems like a perfect match, but would 1) four team be willing to forget about Massillon recruiting players from their programs, 2) Would Massillon risk being turned down a 3rd time by the FED

2. Suburban League
Massillon would certainly have to slot into the National Division, with Wadsworth probably being the closest school in the National, so lots of long travel between schools. Massillon applied and wasn't selected, they really didn't fit the criteria for what the Commissioner said the League was looking for, so this seems like a longshot.

3. All American
Canfield surely would drop, would a league of Massillon, Boardman, Fitch, Harding and Howland survive? Alot of stress on Massillon travel wise in this set-up.

4. The Misfit Toys League
They could hook up with Wooster, Dover, New Phil and Louisville, maybe they could poach Alliance, to form the league for the misfits. Massillon would be a big fish in a small pond in this league. Although, travel would not be bad.

5. No League in NE Ohio
More than likely, there is no league in NE Ohio that would accept Massillon, since the stigma from the Tigers program carries alot of negative weight.

My Odds in Order of Happening

WAR LASALLE
I like to reply to your post since nobody else wants too, I see option 3 as the best option for a 5 team football only conference. But not Howland the conference needs Stubenville and you have some old AAC rivals on the field again.

I like to reply to your post since nobody else wants too, I see option 3 as the best option for a 5 team football only conference. But not Howland the conference needs Stubenville and you have some old AAC rivals on the field again.
Thinking outside the box but how about for non-football the following 8

Boardman
Fitch
Massillon
Warren Harding
Alliance
Canfield
Howland
Louisville

For football-only:
Boardman
Fitch
Massillon
Warren Harding
Big Red

Thinking outside the box but how about for non-football the following 8

Boardman
Fitch
Massillon
Warren Harding
Alliance
Canfield
Howland
Louisville

For football-only:
Boardman
Fitch
Massillon
Warren Harding
Big Red
It would a miracle if the 5 schools could agree for football only.

Massillon (Washington) in a league meaning giving up all of those, a lot of the time against inferior opponents is interesting.
The Suburban League or Federal would make most since, unless their are talks of a new league, that we know nothing about.

Massillon (Washington) in a league meaning giving up all of those, a lot of the time against inferior opponents is interesting.
The Suburban League or Federal would make most since, unless their are talks of a new league, that we know nothing about.
Neither league has interest....

From this thread, we were able to establish the factoid that all of the so-called Massillon Insiders that have come onto this site over the years claiming to be insiders with secret knowledge of the Massillon Athletic Department, are in reality delusional and have no idea of what the Paper Tiger Athletic Department is thinking.

Secondly, none of the Massillon fans were able to actually refute the premise of the argument, which is that there is not currently a league in NE Ohio that would accept the Paper Tigers. As predicted, we got the standard answers that Massillon fans dont want to be in league, heck, one poster even pinpointed a number of 95% of fans don't want a league. None of the Massillon posters denied that the reason that the FED and Suburban have no interest in Massillon was because of the stigma associated with the program: cheating, drunken adult fans, fans that attack refs, etc...Instead, they choose to deflect to obscure issues like FED track coaches, FED being soft (you just applied to Suburban which is far from a hard league), crimes at other high area high schools, while ignoring their own issues such as a student threatening to shoot up the school, a football player that assaulted a 58 year man a few months ago, such hypocrisy.

Bottom line is that: the Massillon Administration desperately wants to get into a league, it's a well known fact and makes sense from a financial perspective for the the Athletic Department. The problem that none of the Paper Tiger fans have been able to refute in this thread, is that there is no league in NE Ohio that will take the Tigers. I would love to see some of the Tiger fans provide some options that they believe are feasible for joining a league instead of deflecting the issue. Is there one single Tigers fan that can put forth a league option for their team in order to lay out options for the future for the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.