League Options for Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starkcountylegend

Okay, contrary to what we were told by the so-called insiders that insisted that Massillon wasn't interested in joining a league, it appears that are insiders were wrong, since Massillon does seem to have an appetite to join a league with their denied application to the Suburban League. With that said, what leagues are options to Massillon?

1. Federal League
While on paper this seems like a perfect match, but would 1) four team be willing to forget about Massillon recruiting players from their programs, 2) Would Massillon risk being turned down a 3rd time by the FED

2. Suburban League
Massillon would certainly have to slot into the National Division, with Wadsworth probably being the closest school in the National, so lots of long travel between schools. Massillon applied and wasn't selected, they really didn't fit the criteria for what the Commissioner said the League was looking for, so this seems like a longshot.

3. All American
Canfield surely would drop, would a league of Massillon, Boardman, Fitch, Harding and Howland survive? Alot of stress on Massillon travel wise in this set-up.

4. The Misfit Toys League
They could hook up with Wooster, Dover, New Phil and Louisville, maybe they could poach Alliance, to form the league for the misfits. Massillon would be a big fish in a small pond in this league. Although, travel would not be bad.

5. No League in NE Ohio
More than likely, there is no league in NE Ohio that would accept Massillon, since the stigma from the Tigers program carries alot of negative weight.

My Odds in Order of Happening

WAR LASALLE

FEAR is real.

May just have to join the Big Ten.

Yet, you were one the dimwits telling us that Massillon had no interest in joining any league, you did this using this screen name and the other 5 that you use here....Obviously, you have overstated just how connected you're to the Massillon program, if you didn't know that the Administration desperately wants league membership...when the majority of people think of Massillon High School, fear is not the phrase that would come to mind, what is generally associated with the program is 1) no state titles, 2) cheating and 3) drunkard adult fans that attack refs.....WAR LASALLE

Let's clear up a couple of misconceptions here. First, I don't think desperately is the right word. I also don't think it's any secret that the administration has always desired to join a league, preferably the Federal League for obvious reasons. He!! one idiot AD said he would take out the garbage for the Fed. I still think that if you had a way to poll the city's fans the vast majority would be against joining a league, once again especially the Federal League. Again for obvious reasons. LOL. I would also say close to 100% of Massillon people on here are against it. At least I've never heard anyone on here favoring joining.

So anyway, cut the idiotic rhetoric. You people make yourselves look more ignorant that you probably are.

Let's clear up a couple of misconceptions here. First, I don't think desperately is the right word. I also don't think it's any secret that the administration has always desired to join a league, preferably the Federal League for obvious reasons. He!! one idiot AD said he would take out the garbage for the Fed. I still think that if you had a way to poll the city's fans the vast majority would be against joining a league, once again especially the Federal League. Again for obvious reasons. LOL. I would also say close to 100% of Massillon people on here are against it. At least I've never heard anyone on here favoring joining.

So anyway, cut the idiotic rhetoric. You people make yourselves look more ignorant that you probably are.
I think the vast majority of fans that don't want to join a league is because they feel slighted that no league wants Massillon. It makes Massillon fan feel better to puff their chest out that "We don't want to be in a league" than to accept that nobody wants you.

I think the vast majority of fans that don't want to join a league is because they feel slighted that no league wants Massillon. It makes Massillon fan feel better to puff their chest out that "We don't want to be in a league" than to accept that nobody wants you.
Not even close to being correct. Bad blood between Massillon and Fed goes back many, MANY years. Enough blame on both sides to be honest.

I believe Fitch, Boardman and WGH would accept Massillon in a league. They have all played regularly or semi-regular games. Fitch-Mass has been nearly every year since 1985. Not sure outside of football makes sense for the Tigers. The travel cost was the reason Fitch and Boardman left the Federal League. Mass would have the same issues.

No way Howland and Canfield would be up for another big challenge, not sure they will even stay with Fitch, BD and WGH.

I believe Fitch, Boardman and WGH would accept Massillon in a league. They have all played regularly or semi-regular games. Fitch-Mass has been nearly every year since 1985. Not sure outside of football makes sense for the Tigers. The travel cost was the reason Fitch and Boardman left the Federal League. Mass would have the same issues.

No way Howland and Canfield would be up for another big challenge, not sure they will even stay with Fitch, BD and WGH.

FYI. The Tigers have never played Boardman in the regular season. The two schools have met only once in the playoffs, that being in 2017.

FYI. The Tigers have never played Boardman in the regular season. The two schools have met only once in the playoffs, that being in 2017.

Interesting, I thought they had. Boardman had regular season series with St. Ignatius, so I doubt they would shy away from the Tigers. The Spartans have struggled lately, but have always been a tough program.

Yet, you were one the dimwits telling us that Massillon had no interest in joining any league, you did this using this screen name and the other 5 that you use here....Obviously, you have overstated just how connected you're to the Massillon program, if you didn't know that the Administration desperately wants league membership...when the majority of people think of Massillon High School, fear is not the phrase that would come to mind, what is generally associated with the program is 1) no state titles, 2) cheating and 3) drunkard adult fans that attack refs.....WAR LASALLE
Can you provide us with that post please? Because it's been apparent for sometime that they do. Maybe you were confused when I, and multiple Tigers said that WE....the fan....wanted nothing to do with the nerf brand of football you gals play in the Fed.

No one wants Massillon in their league.
People keep saying that as if it hurts us. Regardless of whether an administrator or two is looking into the possibility of a league at least 90% of the fans I know are perfectly happy being an independent. Who wants to have 5 away games like they do in some leagues? Not the people I know.

People keep saying that as if it hurts us. Regardless of whether an administrator or two is looking into the possibility of a league at least 90% of the fans I know are perfectly happy being an independent. Who wants to have 5 away games like they do in some leagues? Not the people I know.

FYI. McKinley has 5 home games in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.