'Laverne & Shirley' Star David Lander, 'Squiggy' Star, Dead at 73

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
David Lander
, the actor who played Squiggy on "Laverne & Shirley" has died, TMZ has learned.

David's wife, Kathy, tells us he died Friday at around 6:30 PM at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A. ... as a result of complications from multiple sclerosis, which he battled for 37 years. Kathy, their daughter Natalie and her husband were at David's bedside when he passed.

Lenny went on to bigger things, Squiggy not so much. It may have been due to his MS.
Come to think of it, the only other screen appearance I recall was the CIA eavesdropping technician in "The Man With One Red Shoe" (1985). Landers was the lucky one that had to sit in the sewer tunnels underneath Tom Hank's hotel room. I may have seen elsewhere playing more "normal" parts and just didn't recognize him.

Almost 100 roles after Laverne & Shirley.

Wow! I guess Michael McKean's roles have just been more visible. I recall seeing him here and there over the years but I would have never guessed that many.

Busier than I would have guessed! And with MS to boot.

Looking at David's IMDB file it appears hes done a lot of voice work, especially in the 21st century. Outside of Squiggy I remember him the most as the PA announcer on A League of their Own
Interesting to see he met Lenny at Carnegie Mellon

Looking at David's IMDB file it appears hes done a lot of voice work, especially in the 21st century. Outside of Squiggy I remember him the most as the PA announcer on A League of their Own
Excellent - forgot about that one.

And the Big Ragu was the dude dancing with Madonna in the same movie.