Latest Hazing Accusation

"The situation is obviously not a good one but now you are punishing the kids if you remove their coaches much later than this week."

Seems to me that maybe the kids need to be punished. Some things are more important than a football season.

Give me one day and I can get a team ready to play a game. It may be a disaster on the scoreboard, but the kids would be safe and through the season, they would be just fine.

As a parent, I would want things done right and not fast. For my family, sports is very high on the priority list. This is not sports. This is garbage and needs cleaned up. If a season is lost, so be it. There are other sports and activities that can take the place.

While I agree with you on taking your time and getting it correct the problem I have with it comes back to the kids. Not ALL the kids were involved and they are going to be punished by this as it is let alone the longer it drags out. I too believe anyone can go out there and get a team prepared to play in a game with the expectation of limited to no success. The problem is finding someone willing to do it, especially in the middle of July.

One person can not run a high school football team... They need to move forwards one way or the other. Just my opinion but I do not have any skin in this game.

Truly Shocking!

Bobby, aren't you amazed all of the expert moderators who are old-school Ohio High school football followers have been so quiet on this horrific news?

Where are fallsdog, Yappi, Dog Corporation, skins99, Volnelk, CardinalsFan, EagleFan, BlessEmAll, AllSports12 and HDog and what are thinking?

Are they waiting for the "truth" to come out and justice to be served, or do they really think a coaching staff is NOT responsible for the student-athletes under their leadership?

Truly shocking!

Truly Shocking!

Aren’t you running the defense at Clemson by now.....ya d bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESF, this is why you weren't included above in my list of what people in the know are thinking.

I know YOU don't care about other people's kids or enforcing US laws!

You are so UN-American ! Sad you just don't go to another country like your Democratic heroes and bash America from there!

With the lack of news on this matter, it leads me to believe this is either going away or they are dragging their feet. Does anyone know what is going on over at BM?

How did the head coach not resign over this. How can he look himself in the mirror after kids in his care were sexually assaulted. How can the BM AD and Superintendent state that because Hunek didn't watch it he is not accountable? Isn't the district liable for "negligent" care of student-athletes during a school related activity. Very sad ZERO accountability for coaches in 2019! The parents of kids that didn't get raped don't care...……..wow!

How did the head coach not resign over this. How can he look himself in the mirror after kids in his care were sexually assaulted. How can the BM AD and Superintendent state that because Hunek didn't watch it he is not accountable? Isn't the district liable for "negligent" care of student-athletes during a school related activity. Very sad ZERO accountability for coaches in 2019! The parents of kids that didn't get raped don't care...……..wow!
I thought they were all fired.

What the hell happened? Saw the list of charges. That’s crazy

Ask yourself the same about teachers and building principals. When a kid is assaulted in a school building do you call for the resignation of every teacher and principal? Why not?

So "chito", you think the coaches have zero culpability in this?
You think the "culture" the coaches create has nothing to do with on-field or off-field behavior?

Last edited:
Every coach should be cleaned out of there, and if that means they don't have a football season, so be it.

So "chito", you think the coaches have zero culpability in this?
You think the "culture" the coaches create has nothing to do with on-field or off-field behavior?
I think it's possible the coaches have zero culpability. Neither you or I have any idea what kind of culture the coaches have created. I do however know exactly what kind of culture the parent(s) have instilled in the offender(s).
I ask again, should the same type of incident occur in school, and they have, did you call for the firing or resignation of all of the teachers and administrators in the building? If not why not?

Williams now enters the High School Transfer Portal.

Glad justice is being meted out. And another strike against overnight team camps

Four perpetrators, 11 victims, rape and sexual battery, during an overnight school trip supervised by school employees, and none of the employees suffer any consequences? It looks like the Berea City School District is in full protect mode against lawsuits.

Four perpetrators, 11 victims, rape and sexual battery, during an overnight school trip supervised by school employees, and none of the employees suffer any consequences? It looks like the Berea City School District is in full protect mode against lawsuits.

So "Chito", you think 15+ kids disappear from the group for "a while" and its ok the coaches have no idea what's going on?
Take a poll and see how many parents of kids in the program think that's ok!
Sad the head coach won't man-up and admit his wrong-doing here. Maybe he's a narcissist and doesn't care?
Leadership matters. The BM superintendent who's "I don't care about other people's kids" position is sickening.
Wonder why she cares about the head coach more than the sexually assaulted student-athletes under her "negligent" care?
Chito, please send YOUR kid to BM, but don't forget to pack his flashlight in his travel bag, and then tell me you don't care.

Were the coaches aware it was going on and could they have prevented it? That is the important question. We don't know where the incident happened. Coaches cannot be everywhere. I coach wrestling and remember years ago hearing about a school where kids were hazing students in the showers. So as a coach, should I be standing there watching the kids shower to make sure no funny business is going on? We don't know the details so those calling for the coaches heads, how about you wait for all the facts to come out, if they do at all.

Were the coaches aware it was going on and could they have prevented it? That is the important question. We don't know where the incident happened. Coaches cannot be everywhere. I coach wrestling and remember years ago hearing about a school where kids were hazing students in the showers. So as a coach, should I be standing there watching the kids shower to make sure no funny business is going on? We don't know the details so those calling for the coaches heads, how about you wait for all the facts to come out, if they do at all.

Perhaps you are not in tune with young people so that if you walked through your locker room, and 11 student-athletes were being raped out of your sight in the showers, to know something was wrong, but good coaches "know" when something is up. Moreover, great coaches have the respect of their players, who monitor each other, so evil like this doesn't happen! Head coaches have assistants so EVERYONE can be monitored. Pretty sure AD's expect student-athletes to be monitored, and that negligence on your part will lead to BIG lawsuits! Are your kids allowed to go into the weight room, on school property, without being supervised?

Last edited:
I think it's possible the coaches have zero culpability. Neither you or I have any idea what kind of culture the coaches have created. I do however know exactly what kind of culture the parent(s) have instilled in the offender(s).
I ask again, should the same type of incident occur in school, and they have, did you call for the firing or resignation of all of the teachers and administrators in the building? If not why not?

Everyone involved with a football program knows its culture; one of entitlement or one of responsibility. Yes, their parents should have done a better job, but their kids didn't rape someone when they were with their parents -- they sexually assaulted student-athletes on the head coaches watch on a school-related activity...………...big difference! it will be interesting to see in BM settles out of court or allows this to go to court when ALL the ugliness would then be public? Hard to believe the district wants to pay to keep their head coach with an overall losing record around at ALL costs.

Everyone involved with a football program knows its culture; one of entitlement or one of responsibility. Yes, their parents should have done a better job, but their kids didn't rape someone when they were with their parents -- they sexually assaulted student-athletes on the head coaches watch on a school-related activity...………...big difference! it will be interesting to see in BM settles out of court or allows this to go to court when ALL the ugliness would then be public? Hard to believe the district wants to pay to keep their head coach with an overall losing record around at ALL costs.
I don't believe there have been any charges against the school. They haven't been sued have they?

Do you have more facts on the situation than what is being reported in the media to form your opinion on employment? For me personally more information would need to be available to form an opinion on the coaching staff moving forward.
Legally the school district is in a bad position either way. Firing the staff is admitting culpability and opens them up for tougher civil litigation not only from the victims but also from the coaching staff for wrongful termination. Sad situation that could happen in any program regardless of what you think.

No TYJ does NOT have more info, he's just trying to push an agenda against a certain school and man. He doesn't even know what actually happened just like the rest of us. He's just spewing negatives toward a dude to sway opinion.

You seem to have an axe to grind with this coach. Whassup?

Personally, I would like to see the head coach getting out in front of this. He's the leader of this team and ultimately anything that goes on with the kids is his responsibility. What's being done to make sure this doesn't happen again? What's being done to help the victims and all the other players that are dealing with this incident? What is the school doing to address these questions? The reality is the wagons have probably been circled to protect the adults who could be sued or lose their jobs over this. Will Berea schools still say "it's all about the kids" when the next levy comes around?

Personally, I would like to see the head coach getting out in front of this. He's the leader of this team and ultimately anything that goes on with the kids is his responsibility. What's being done to make sure this doesn't happen again? What's being done to help the victims and all the other players that are dealing with this incident? What is the school doing to address these questions? The reality is the wagons have probably been circled to protect the adults who could be sued or lose their jobs over this. Will Berea schools still say "it's all about the kids" when the next levy comes around?

Amen E-Town !!!