Lasalle job open

Money is going to be a problem. LaSalle must get its financial house in order. On the other hand, there is some real talent over there.

LaSalle just received the largest donation in school history as was announced last week. I think $2Million?

Also, not sure what is going on at that school. The turnover among coaches in seemlingly every sport has been incredible during the past 5 years. Multiple baseball, football, AD's, principals, basketball, track, volleyball, etc. Just really hard to believe.

LaSalle just received the largest donation in school history as was announced last week. I think $2Million?

Also, not sure what is going on at that school. The turnover among coaches in seemlingly every sport has been incredible during the past 5 years. Multiple baseball, football, AD's, principals, basketball, track, volleyball, etc. Just really hard to believe.

Definitely have had a bit of turnover at LaSalle. Think Voegele was forced out of Baseball/Teaching before the guy that just resigned. This year new AD who an Alum wonder who he will come up with to Coach Baseball.

Maybe the donation will stop the bleeding but here is the story. LaSalle was running in the red for a while. Maybe it was scholarships, maybe it was a very low student to teacher, maybe both. I don't know why but the Archbishop told the senior executive administrator to balance the budget. He did not and changes were made. As a cost cutting move, some teachers were let go. Many were coaches. Often the teachers were asked to stay on as coaches. Most said no. I am guessing last year's coach (even though he is an alumnus), thought the pay was not worth the hassle and moved on. (Read that sentence carefully). Maybe Greg is going to coach at Oak Hills or maybe in Harrison or maybe not all. But the good news is LaSalle has some serious baseball talent.

Last edited:
Roosevelt Barnes named LaSalle Baseball Coach. From what I know of him (as a former umpire), this is a great hire. Great guy,Coach and has a wide variety of connections in College and MLB.

Interesting hire on many levels. Here is to hoping Roosevelt shakes up the coaches around here and show them some of the new ways of thinking.

Why didn't they go with longtime assistant Dooros?

Ask the AD. Most likely wanted someone with some Head Coaching experience and connections at the next levels of Baseball. The article I saw said this Head Coach and AD have worked together before.

Where did Roosevelt Barnes coach at in the past ?

Not totally positive but I think Shroder and Purcell. I am positive that he has had Great success Coaching the High School age Reds RBI Teams. Have Umpired some of those games and he knows Baseball, really relates well with today’s teenagers and in general is just a nice guy.